Let's hear it for THE BOYS [Onwards to Season 3]

Veltigar

I have finally watched "The Boys" and it was fun. These Vought News snippets are great, heh.

One of my quibbles is that in season 2 the Boys continued survival against evil supes kinda becomes repetitive and trivializes the danger that they should be in. Also, the idea that they can be effective against supes by learning and using their weaknesses mostly got binned, which is a pity. I can't help but wonder if Butcher, who gets roughed up on the regular and is suspiciously able to just shrug it off won't be revealed as a supe at some point.

I  didn't understand why Starlight's mom asking Vought for a vacation with her daughter triggered the grabbing and imprisonment of  the both of them.

I also have questions about the whole Stormfront thing. If she was Vought's widow, shouldn't she and their daughter have had a lot of pull in the firma, so how did she allow Mr. Edgars to become CEO? You'd think that she would have just killed him instead if she failed to block him via normal channels. She got the V as an adult, so why is the program of administering it to adults still in experimental stage 70-80 years later?  I  thought that Homelander was the oldest superhero who was treated as a baby, which is why he was raised in the lab, while the others grew up with their families, but it seems that Liberty/Stormfront was being a costumed vigilant before he became active, so  was it already a thing?

You'd also think that she would have made sure that she had superpowered descendents. I guess that she didn't want to risk her daughter because the baby treatment wasn't yet perfected, but wouldn't somebody like her have made sure that her daughter had kids and so on, until they could safely get the V? 

Edited by Maia

12 hours ago, karaddin said:

On the Starlight front, she'd removed her tracking chip

Huh, I thought that it was so that she could go places without Vought knowing about it, but that she  intended to carry the chip on her person at other times to mislead them into thinking that she was still on their leash? I guess that I am over-thinking it, hm.

I guess, judging by the regrowth guy getting arrested in one of the Vought News clips, that they know that she was the leaker and are going to pull her access and sideline her as much as possible. Not sure how useful she can be in the coming season now that she is a known mole. And it isn't like she is all that capable as a superhero, given that not just Homelander and Stormfront, but also Black Noir and healthy A-Train could handily outfight her. 

Stormfront is totally coming back as some sort of Darth cyborg, isn't she?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Buster Beaver's looks 10x better than any Chuck E Cheese's I ever had.

Yeah the pizza actually looked edible.  What I couldn't figure out is what the right-wing nod or in-universe connection was, if any, like the previous ad have had.  Does Chuck E Cheese have any other nefarious connotations other than bad pizza and gross things as the bottom of the ball pit?

11 minutes ago, horangi said:

Yeah the pizza actually looked edible.  What I couldn't figure out is what the right-wing nod or in-universe connection was, if any, like the previous ad have had.  Does Chuck E Cheese have any other nefarious connotations other than bad pizza and gross things as the bottom of the ball pit?

I wondered the same.  I kept expecting ATrain to pop up out of the ball pit or something.  :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zorral said:

‘There are things in this season you will never unsee’: The Boys’ Karl Urban on parenting, powers and superhero orgies

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/may/31/the-boys-karl-urban-parenting-powers-superhero-orgies

You mean like seeing a fish man get his gills sexually assaulted?  Cause I've already seen that...