Let's hear it for THE BOYS [Onwards to Season 3]

Veltigar

I'm going to have to resubscribe to Prime for this, is the show weekly after these first three episodes? I'll cancel once I've watched this season (and the final season of the Expanse!) so tryi g to decide whether to just wait until the full season isnout

6 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

The first 3 episodes are up.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm going to have to resubscribe to Prime for this, is the show weekly after these first three episodes? I'll cancel once I've watched this season (and the final season of the Expanse!) so tryi g to decide whether to just wait until the full season isnout

Likely weekly like before. Although they've also experimented with 2 episodes per week with other shows.

God damn that first episode of the new season had some insane scenes. Imagine being the parent of a child actor in this episode.

Child Actor: "Can I watch the whole episode I was in?".

Parent: "Ah, hellll no!".

Watched the first two eps so far. Holy crap, they're doing a stellar job. Acting is top-notch, plotlines are fastpaced and going somewhere in a hurry, brutality is through the roof. 

Question:

Spoiler

OK, the serum that turns anyone into a supe for 24 hours.  Wouldn't a 24 hour supe be way behind any supe s/he goes up against because, no experience with their own powers?  Not even knowing what that/those powers are?

38 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Question:

Hide contents

OK, the serum that turns anyone into a supe for 24 hours.  Wouldn't a 24 hour supe be way behind any supe s/he goes up against because, no experience with their own powers?  Not even knowing what that/those powers are?

Yes

Spoiler

But Vought seems to have developed it with the idea of it being used by soldiers against normal enemies. As the whole supe in the military experiment has apparently been shelved.

55 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Yes

Hide contents

But Vought seems to have developed it with the idea of it being used by soldiers against normal enemies. As the whole supe in the military experiment has apparently been shelved.

Thanks.  I'm one & 1/2 eps into it.  You know moi: I tend to ration myself.

Plus, the new Borgen is up too.

On the serum vs supes- note that the serum appears to give very powerful powers and most supes have shitty ones. So yeah, homelander would wipe out the competition, but gunpowder who has some bullshit ballistic aim thing is pretty toast. 

Plus as said above vought isn't making it to fight supes. They control all the supes. They're making it as another weapon to use in the military, because that's the big bucks. 

I know it's hard to separate the actor from the character, but Stan Edgar is a great character on top of GE. The little we got of him last season was already good, but just in the first 3 episodes he's jumped up even more. Terrible person of course but excellent character.

Every time Kimiko is happy on screen I just can't get past how pretty and "sunny" Karen Fukuhara is, she just lights up everything.

The whole cast is phenomenal.

28 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Poor Timothy. 

He really screwed up

Spoiler

Doing sex talk with Deep while Deep was meant to be having sex with his wife. Timothy's days were numbered as soon as Deep slipped up about the number of arms lol.