Let's hear it for THE BOYS [Onwards to Season 3]

Veltigar

33 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

I thought she was gonna be in this spin off that was supposed to take place in this facility or a similar one.

I'd like to find a superhero with the power of stopping these shared universes, spin-off's, etc.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

Similar to Neuman's.

I'm completely blanking on this so thanks for the reminder.

39 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Wasn't that Neuman herself as a kid?  I thought it was a video of the past.  I don't recall any time stamps but that was the impression i got.

You're conflating two things - the posters above were talking about that woman who escaped Stormfront's lab in season 2 and had similar TK powers to Neumann. Later, we end up seeing video of a young Neumann. But they're different people. 

11 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

The woman who escaped Stormfront's lab has the power to implode/crush things, while Neumann seems to explode them. Also Neumann requires direct line of sight.

Yeah, the end result of her using her powers looked similar but the mechanism was the opposite - crushing or imploding. Relevant in that it could simply be generalised telekinesis and that's just the only thing she's done with it so far.

On the changes from this season we've lost Maeve from the good side which is actually pretty significant, Starlight out of the 7 which is mixed, A Train repowered which could be anything from irrelevant to very important, Ashley and Annika holding a secret from HL which he frequently kills over, Ryan joining HL and I think most importantly - HL now knowing he's able to openly murder without alienating his... Homechasers? Homemakers?

So, the final scene with HL is a very unsubtle reference to when Trump said, in 2016, he could shoot someone in public and not lose his popular support.

I thought the reaction by MM's ex's husband (so bad with names) was brilliant. Original response he new he should be absolutely disgusted and outraged, realising he is all in on the HL hype train, so must cheer. Everyone else in the crowd waiting for someone to tell them whether it is OK to be totally fine with blatant murder or not. Turns out it's totally fine, as long as it's HL or with HL's blessing.

In normal stories Ryan plumbs the depths of despicability in season 4 and gets a redemption arc either at the end of S4 or in S5, not sure this will apply here. He might well already be beyond redemption, and it will be Butcher's fault. Just another life he ruined, repeating history with his little brother because in both cases he thought abandonment was doing them a favour. Irony, HL and SB both want to be good fathers but would / will utterly fail because of their totally warped  notion of what a good father is. Butcher would like to be a good father but has no belief whatsoever that he is capable of being one, and he's probably right, or at least was right until his nightmare; might still be a shit father. Unfortunately his mostly justified lack of belief sent Ryan into the hands of the one option that is worse than Butchers parenting style.

MM definitely needs to take a much more active parenting role with his daughter.

Man there are a lot of daddy issues in this show.

Grace has to be working on a project to create a supe undo weapon based on SB's radiation blast power. It's pretty clear that neither SB or HL can be killed by any means we here possess, they must be burned in the fires of mount doom and sent back the fiery chasm from whence they came...sorry drifted off to the wrong story. HL must think SB died, if he didn't his #1 priority would be finding him figuring out how to kill him.

8 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Grace has to be working on a project to create a supe undo weapon based on SB's radiation blast power. It's pretty clear that neither SB or HL can be killed by any means we here possess, they must be burned in the fires of mount doom and sent back the fiery chasm from whence they came...sorry drifted off to the wrong story. HL must think SB died, if he didn't his #1 priority would be finding him figuring out how to kill him.

Which ties in with Ashley destroying the video of The Boys finding Maeve.

Because if Maeve survived…

I'm with those who found the finale disappointing. Indeed I think it retroactively made the rest of the season worse. Part of the reason the season was good was that it seemed to be building up to something. But it all ended in a whimper.

And they've hugely deflated the threat of Homelander. His constant menace was wonderful, but now it seems like anyone can take him on. Maeve spent most of the series terrified of him, and now suddenly she's holding her own against him and Soldier Boy? Very disappointing. They should have killed her off. If the writers were worried about killing a non-hetero character off they should have made her straight and another character bi instead. Mother's Milk probably will last to the end of the show, so why not make him bi if bi people need plot armor?

I'm not sure if I will continue with the show now that the writers have shown their cards and seemed determined to needlessly protract things.

I did think Homelander getting knocked about so easily was odd, what with the constant worry over stopping him that’s dominated the show from the beginning. From what we saw it seems the right combo of supes would be able to take him down. Why is A-Train so scared of him? Now he has access to his powers seems like he could just zip out of the way. Of course now there’s nobody taking temp v and maeve is depowered it got trickier but there’s still enough power around to defeat him, it seems like.

6 hours ago, john said:

I did think Homelander getting knocked about so easily was odd, what with the constant worry over stopping him that’s dominated the show from the beginning. From what we saw it seems the right combo of supes would be able to take him down. Why is A-Train so scared of him? Now he has access to his powers seems like he could just zip out of the way. Of course now there’s nobody taking temp v and maeve is depowered it got trickier but there’s still enough power around to defeat him, it seems like.

I think the best explanation is that Homelander could easily have killed Maeve if he wished to, (laser eyes and whatnot), but couldn't subdue her quite so easily.  Homelander's strength isn't that he's invincible, it's that he's a ruthless killing machine.  Of course, I don't know how well that squares with the comics canon.  But we get the sense that he doesn't want to kill her, for whatever reason. 

20 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

I think the best explanation is that Homelander could easily have killed Maeve if he wished to, (laser eyes and whatnot), but couldn't subdue her quite so easily.  Homelander's strength isn't that he's invincible, it's that he's a ruthless killing machine.  Of course, I don't know how well that squares with the comics canon.  But we get the sense that he doesn't want to kill her, for whatever reason. 

He already stated the reason he was keeping Maeve alive, he wants to harvest her eggs and create more superpowered children.

2 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

In the comics no one comes close to Homelander. In one memorable comic Homelander proceeds to obliterate a whole special forces platoon, and he says basically that he did it all while the others in the Seven held his cape so it wouldn't get covered in blood. 

Maeve is one of the stronger ones out there, but Homelander is considered to be in an entirely different class by himself.

53 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

In the comics no one comes close to Homelander. In one memorable comic Homelander proceeds to obliterate a whole special forces platoon, and he says basically that he did it all while the others in the Seven held his cape so it wouldn't get covered in blood. 

Maeve is one of the stronger ones out there, but Homelander is considered to be in an entirely different class by himself.

As he should be.  He's the Superman analogue with Soldier Boy as Captain America and Maeve as Wonder Woman.  If we stick to those caricatures, they shouldn't be able to stand with him.  We thought that SB had the first real Kryptonite to be seen, but that didn't pan out yet.  So short of creating a Doomsday of their own or discovering kryptonite, there's not a lot that can be done with HL. 

Soldier boy in the comics was...well, super pathetic and barely powered. Most of payback was, with the exception of Stormfront - who was about as close to Homelander strength levels as they come. 

The show deliberately made SB way more powerful to make him something of a threat and in the show he's not close to Cap levels of power - he's way, way above them.

The fights overall were severely restrained, and I don't know why; maybe it was the budget. Annie was afraid the entire Vought tower was going to come down with HL and SB fighting, and all we got was some destroyed furniture and shattered windows.

This show started with giving us a look at how realistic superhero physics would work - A-Train obliterates a person by running through her, Homelander knows that he couldn't actually do a Superman and save the airplane. So when these people fight, we should get something close to the Superman vs. Zod fight in Man of Steel.

Maybe an argument can be made for Homelander restraining himself against Maeve and not just chucking her through the building, but SB vs Butcher should have been way more destructive. 

I got the sense that Maeve had no idea if she was able to take on Homelander but was always afraid to because she assumed it would be suicide, but by this point in the story she doesn't give a fuck if she dies so she's going all out whereas he is presumably pulling his punches a bit because he doesn't actually want to kill her.