Dexter Returns, But Why?

Winterfell is Burning

37 minutes ago, briantw said:

This is whatever the opposite of shut up and take my money would be.

The altruistic bank robber who gives the young kid he tried to include in the job a few $100s to leave the scene beforehand and remember their friendship while forgetting who one another are?  

My wife binged all the seasons about 2 years ago and is really excited for this.  TBH, I'm looking forward to it as well.  Not enough to get showtime, but enough to get a trial of it when it's done.

Upon rewatch the only real egregious plotline was the brother/sister love.  Other than that (and the last couple scenes) I think the main gripes of the last few seasons came from waiting week by week and year by year for a show that really benefits from binging it straight through.

As long as it involves some retconning of the ending I'll be interested. Otherwise if it's just a continuation I'm not interested as it will just add to the stink to see Dexter going back to his old ways. Unless it's a full on "Dexter as the villain" with no grey areas and his "addiction" has finally got the better of him in which case it might just work. But this is one occasion where I'd happily take "it was just a dream" regarding the last few episodes.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Yeah. Just say it was Debs dream while she was in a coma. 

Although I wonder if they'd bring the character back given things were apparently a bit frosty between the divorced couple in the last couple of seasons? Maybe things have settled between them now. I've managed to blank what happened to Debs in the end but i guess if we didn't see her "dead" then they can and probably will bring her back. But yeah, coma dream would be nice - along with any reference of her being sexually attracted to her adoptive brother.

I'm actually interested because Clyde Phillips is doing this and he was the showrunner for the first four seasons.  The first four seasons of Dexter was a really great show.  Gotta be really tempting for them to retcon all of the last three seasons.  Be interesting to see what they do.

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm actually interested because Clyde Phillips is doing this and he was the showrunner for the first four seasons.  The first four seasons of Dexter was a really great show.  Gotta be really tempting for them to retcon all of the last three seasons.  Be interesting to see what they do.

If the show had ended after season four it would have been one of the all-time great finales. 

Season three kind of sucked, though. 

I'm all about this. Will be fun to see what Dexter gets into in serial killer country. As mentioned above, Clyde Phillips will be involved, and the first four season were the best. Also mentioned above, season 3 isn't top tier like 1,2, and 4, but I can overlook due to the excellence of the other three seasons. Cautiously optimistic. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The first season is as rewatchable as just about anything I've seen. 

Personal preference, but I remember the first season being really dark and "good, not great." 

but like... The Office is "rewatchable." Sopranos or the wire, sure because those shows have depth and built in intentional humor.

I don't remember any of that from Dexter.  

Archived