Which Mystery would you Prefer to Never be Explained?

Canon Claude

13 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

are Macguffins. Used to smuggle Lamentation to LF who gave to Nestor Royce to buy his support. Possibly Widows Wail too, but that's with Loras mesa thinks so.

Just read the piece. I don't often go off the forum, but I enjoyed this - beautiful work, but, it imported a ton of material to fill this plot-hole. Lamentation raised from oblivion! - seems like too much of a big deal, too much out of the blue. But who knows.

Most of you will get your wish.  A lot of the unknowns will remain that way.  We may never know the answers to these:

A.  Why the dragons hatched.

B.  What happened to Shiera Seastar.

C.  Was Rickard Stark plotting against the Targaryens

D.  Is Varys a Targaryen bastard.

E.  Who fathered Jon Snow.

F.  How is Dany connected to the ruling family of the great empire of the dawn.

G.  Why the Targaryens and their allies were chosen to survive the Doom.

H.  Where Dany's dragon eggs came from.

8 hours ago, Only 89 selfies today said:

Most of you will get your wish.  A lot of the unknowns will remain that way.  We may never know the answers to these:

A.  Why the dragons hatched.

B.  What happened to Shiera Seastar.

C.  Was Rickard Stark plotting against the Targaryens

D.  Is Varys a Targaryen bastard.

E.  Who fathered Jon Snow.

F.  How is Dany connected to the ruling family of the great empire of the dawn.

G.  Why the Targaryens and their allies were chosen to survive the Doom.

H.  Where Dany's dragon eggs came from.

I thought we already had answers to those! At least most of 'em.

A. Blood magic

B. Quaithe

C. Nope

D. Blackfyre

E. Patchface. Just kidding, i too want it to remain a mystery. My bet is Howland Reed or Mance Rayder or good old Rhaegar.

F. Amethyst Empress/Queen (Bloodstone emperor)

G. They paid the FM to kill all the Mages (or the most important ones anyway) who were controlling the 14 Flames (13 volcanoes plus the symbolic dragons)

H. Farman

I know you must have heard these answers but they probably didn't satisfy you. Not for me tho. I'll go with these answers.

After all, im just a greenhorn. Summer child. Freshie. Newbie. And GRRM may change anything anytime

This may be unpopular, but part of me hopes that either Martin is unable to complete Winds of Winter or the Dream of Spring.  This series after Dance is so incredible and has such interesting and deep discussions (like this overall forum), that if it were to be left incomplete, would be talked about for all time. The mystery of this story and all it's veins at this point in time would be better left unknown.  I don't wish Martin any ill feelings or health lol, just that he decides to burn all his current work and enjoy the chaos that ensues while he does other things he enjoys.

Archived