Size of seven kingdoms military strength

Mrstrategy

assuming this is at the begining of AGOT I would estimate:

The North ~35k (based on the estimates at the WOT5K (~20k) the armies that show up in Dance (about 6k with Roose and about 3k with Stannis) and the missing armies (Reeds, Skagos, etc)

The Riverlands ~20k (that's the estimate in the WOT5K if I'm not mistaken, and since the war was largely in The Riverlands, I assume they used most of their strength.

The Westernlands ~50k Again, WOTK estimate and Tywin seem to be desperat enough for forces that he wastrying to raise more.

The Reach ~100k, that's the estimate throughout the story.

The Vale, if I'm not mistaken it's ~50k

Dorne has fewer forces than 50k, and since they're the least populous kingdom I assume they have the smallest army, so about 20k

The Stormlands ~50k, as Renly estimates in the WOT5K

The Iron Islands are tricky, as they are small and bleak, they should have little population and a really small army, but they have 1k longships, a longship takes about 40 men to command it, so it would be 40k men? that's a lot, more than The North, twice as The Riverlands, and likely twice than Dorne.

Everyone always forgets about The Crownlands, but I assume they have an abysmal force, as Stannis shows. Given it's size and the fact that it isn't a kingdom I feel comfortable estimating 10k, but I'm pulling that number out of my ass.

It doesn't matter anyway, as Wyman Manderly and Tywin Lannister show, you can always train more men if you need to, so this numbers could be doubled, even if we don't talk about sellswords and mercenaries.

Archived