US Politics- Mute-iny on the bounty

Fury Resurrected

This has no weight of any sort, but my friend, one of those women rumptup keeps begging to vote for him, the one whose cancer returned, and has gone through a hell of a lot medically ever since her first chemo, including surgery, lamented all through that she had to be well enough to cast her vote against him. She lives in PA.  She was planning to vote in person, due to the kool aid drinkers in PA in the government there and the messing with the Post Office, but she's not really physically able to vote in person now, due to immune system and standing in a line.

Yet yesterday -- her husband has to TEACH -- she took her mail-in ballot and drove herself to the drop off spot and walked inside to drop it into the box.  That is how fired up voters like her are to cast a vote -- maybe not so much for Biden -- but to get him outta there.

~~~~~~~~~

As for VaryB demanding that the pope be taken out of here, he also demands a lot of related information / news be taken out of the Covid-19 thread because it's 'political'.  How one can possibly divorce any aspect of the pandemic from politics he has not shown. Particularly in the US.  As for religion, fer pete's sake the hotspots catastrophe running in NY are completely political as the Hassids wave trump flags and declare they're not obeying masking and distance mandates because they are trumpistas and hate the antisemitic others who don't live in their country -- which they have further declared not to be America and thus they have no need to obey America's laws.

~~~~~~!

The best moments from @AOC's Among Us stream on @Twitch  last night.  This is pretty cool.

The Among Us stream was extremely popular -- peaked at a total of 700k viewers or so among all participants -- and was a nice way to encourage younger people to vote (though, to be fair, some substantial portion of the viewers were too young to vote -- a lot of 13-year-olds out there on Twitch). Ilhan Omar forgot to mute her mic when she carried out a kill, and was heard laughing maniacally. Lots of praise for her play in particular, she went from trying the game for the first time to, in her second game, nearly winning it as the imposter, including taking out four other players along the way.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh boy....

Wink, wink! Q's, get it?! Wow, he's now openly and desperately signaling to the nutcases. Hope he's gonna get his "A" kicked tonight.

Anyway, thanks to Obama's skillfully placed blows to his fragile ego, Trump will still be furious tonight (tomorrow for me).

And the 60 minutes stuff is going to be fun.

Teaser:

13 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The best moments from @AOC's Among Us stream on @Twitch  last night.  This is pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, Ran said:

The Among Us stream was extremely popular -- peaked at a total of 700k viewers or so among all participants -- and was a nice way to encourage younger people to vote (though, to be fair, some substantial portion of the viewers were too young to vote -- a lot of 13-year-olds out there on Twitch). Ilhan Omar forgot to mute her mic when she carried out a kill, and was heard laughing maniacally. Lots of praise for her play in particular, she went from trying the game for the first time to, in her second game, nearly winning it as the imposter in her second game, including taking out four other players along the way.

I am glad they are taking to gaming and things like the twitch platform.  I hope to see more progressive voices there, because right now, again observational with some of the clients I work with, it looks like there is more and more recruitment for Alt Right and White Nationalist groups going on in those venues.  I, for the life of me can't remember the article, but those groups are mimicing the recruiting tactics of various middle eastern terrorist groups.

1 minute ago, Guy Kilmore said:

I am glad they are taking to gaming and things like the twitch platform.  I hope to see more progressive voices there, because right now, again observational with some of the clients I work with, it looks like there is more and more recruitment for Alt Right and White Nationalist groups going on in those venues.  I, for the life of me can't remember the article, but those groups are mimicing the recruiting tactics of various middle eastern terrorist groups.

And don't forget the DemoCAT Biden campaign workers!  Glad somebody knows just to whom the innnernetz belong-O!  :bowdown:

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Pelosi just did a press conference in which she said “I think we’re getting there” and the stock market has turned on a dime to start going up again.

Say Pelosi and Mnuchin hammer something out, is it eeking through the Senate? iono...

[as an aside, saw a few Twitter threads yesterday about McConnell's health-- dude's looking like a corpse warmed over, for real]

1 minute ago, JEORDHl said:

Say Pelosi and Mnuchin hammer something out, is it eeking through the Senate? iono...

No it is not.  The Senate is busy with confirmation hearings and campaigning through election day.  After the election, Republicans will suddenly rediscover the joys of austerity. 

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

What the heck is that "Among Us" stuff...? I still only know that Twitch exists, but know not what it is.  Get off my lawn!!

A video game where everyone in a group is trying to figure out who the secret traitor is.

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

No it is not.  The Senate is busy with confirmation hearings and campaigning through election day.  After the election, Republicans will suddenly rediscover the joys of austerity. 

If there is Democratic control of the Senate, this may be the issue that pushes Dems to whack the filibuster.

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

What the heck is that "Among Us" stuff...? I still only know that Twitch exists, but know not what it is.  Get off my lawn!!

Twitch is an internet platform that mostly gamers use to interact with fans while they play games.  Some pro-gamers stream.  It is also the go to platform to stream competitive game matches.  That is it in general.  I think the NFL and NBA have started broadcasting some games on Twitch.  I know there was a Bob Ross Channel that just had videos of Bob Ross painting always streaming.

(Ninjaed by Dante)

Among Us is a game where people are trying to avert some disaster and escape, but one to two people are secret traitors trying to kill everyone.  You have to figure out who.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

The Among Us stream was extremely popular -- peaked at a total of 700k viewers or so among all participants -- and was a nice way to encourage younger people to vote (though, to be fair, some substantial portion of the viewers were too young to vote -- a lot of 13-year-olds out there on Twitch). Ilhan Omar forgot to mute her mic when she carried out a kill, and was heard laughing maniacally. Lots of praise for her play in particular, she went from trying the game for the first time to, in her second game, nearly winning it as the imposter, including taking out four other players along the way.

She's l33t. Her rig is pretty sick too.

Early vote update, 10/22:

Nationally - 45.8 million votes cast (33% of 2016 total)

Swing state votes, as percentage of 2016 votes cast:

Pennsylvania - 22%

Michigan - 39%

Wisconsin - 38%

Florida - 41%

Georgia - 46%

North Carolina - 51%

Arizona - 41%

Nevada - 29%

Texas - 65%

There's a clear trend that swing states have more people voting early than the national average.  Of these 10, only PA and NV are lagging behind the national average, and I expect NV to surge ahead in the next few days. 

15 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

A video game where everyone in a group is trying to figure out who the secret traitor is.

13 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Twitch is an internet platform that mostly gamers use to interact with fans while they play games.  Some pro-gamers stream.  It is also the go to platform to stream competitive game matches.  That is it in general.  I think the NFL and NBA have started broadcasting some games on Twitch.  I know there was a Bob Ross Channel that just had videos of Bob Ross painting always streaming.

(Ninjaed by Dante)

Among Us is a game where people are trying to avert some disaster and escape, but one to two people are secret traitors trying to kill everyone.  You have to figure out who.

Yeaaah...I don’t know anything you just said... :P

I mean, the radio station I listen too apparently uses Twitch now.  It dosen't help me.

My nice lawn!  Why are you all on it!

Archived