US Politics- Mute-iny on the bounty

Fury Resurrected

1 minute ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Would be interested to understand your reasoning.  What I read about her time as California AG was not flattering.

My reasoning is most of what you read was overreaction and/or not valid.  Hell, Buttigieg encountered his own problems with the left just during his tenure as Mayor of South Bend.

Have y'all not been reading up on Trump's 60 Minutes footage release? He probably just fucking tanked his re-election - and maybe Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation (NYT) :

As a tactical matter, Mr. Trump’s decision to release the video hours before his final debate with Mr. Biden was curious, given that it could provide insight into how he might answer certain policy questions. In the interview, Mr. Trump tells Ms. Stahl that he wants the Supreme Court to abolish the Affordable Care Act, saying: “I hope that they end it; it’ll be so good if they end it.”

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

Hell, Buttigieg encountered his own problems with the left just during his tenure as Mayor of South Bend.

Sure, but this not a Pete v Kamala issue.  it's a Kamala vs. anyone else.  And while I supported Pete for president, I fully acknowledge that his lack of experience was an achilles heel as a candidate.  The other big one was lack of support from Af-Ams who are rightly considered the backbone of the Dem party.  I very much doubt whatever job he gets will allow him to be a credible challenger to her. I suspect she will be challenged (if she is challenged) from the left rather than the right or from a fellow centrist.  

The question is not whether she will be nominee in 2024 or 2028 (depending on what Biden decides etc.) but whether she should be. 

2 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

The question is not whether she will be nominee in 2024 or 2028 (depending on what Biden decides etc.) but whether she should be

That question leads to another question of who would be better?  Think we can table this one for now.

15 minutes ago, Ran said:

Yeah, the thought crossed my mind after I posted. And it might read as way too partisan a starting point for a run at a seat in Indiana, anyways.

My concern with him running for a seat in Indiana is that it has just been moving to the right for the last 12 years.  I doubt he could win a race for governor even with a national profile, and his chances of a Senate seat seem even lower. 

Although it is somewhat remarkable that the CJ, VP and a soon to be confirmed SC justice all come from that state.  

1 hour ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Trump is inviting Tony Bobulinski to the debate, a Hunter Biden business associate, to 'rattle' Biden. Not sure who thinks this Hunter Biden approach is a good idea, since it doesnt seem to be changing any minds.

Well that was a natural 1 on the intimidation roll. You don't intimidate your opponent by telling them ahead of time that what your intimidation tactic is going to be. At this point, as far as the Biden campaign is concerned Trump has a disadvantage and no proficiency in the intimidation check. So Trump really needs to roll well to succeed on his intimidation checks. I would say at this point the DM would probably make the intimidation DC for Trump vs Biden about 16. 

Trump though appears to have resistance to intimidation himself.

17 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Have y'all not been reading up on Trump's 60 Minutes footage release? He probably just fucking tanked his re-election - and maybe Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation (NYT) :

Yes, but how is it tanking ACB's confirmation? I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't see anything he hasn't already said on his rallies.

Re: intimidation: Could we place Mr. Obama in the audience?

In posting the 38-minute clip on Facebook, Mr. Trump urged viewers to “look at the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS.” But the footage shows Ms. Stahl, a “60 Minutes” correspondent since 1991, calmly and firmly asking the president about the coronavirus and other topics as Mr. Trump grows increasingly irritated.

Ugh, look at the comments from his cultists on FB!

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I'm just curious - how was the Trump interview "released"? Did they link it on twitter? No network is going to run it, are they? Did they put it on Facebook?  

The White House taped it under the agreement "for archival purposes only."  Trump indeed posted it on facebook.  Obviously, CBS is now quite pissed.

23 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Barrett is going to be a Supreme Court Justice no matter what. Don't kid yourself.

Some of his fans:

Chidinma Onyejiuwa

Was she interviewing or antagonizing?

· 5 Std.

Kourtney Reppert

You got this

· 7 Std.

Wanda Zayakosky

Just take the high road! It's always best to not go down to their level.

· 7 Std.

Jimmie Warren

Everyone knows how they treat and have treated Trump from the beginning, they are just revealing what manner of people they are

· 7 Std.

Kelly Wilson

Thank you for your service 4 more years

· 7 Std.

Shilah Coonts Montgomery

Never have liked her for years so biased as I remember when Bush was in office the bias then and no different now but worse. She is part of the bought out networks. Her bonus isnon how many times she tries to stop him she is stupidly hateful. TRUMP 202...

Mehr ansehen

· 7 Std.

Cathy Darby

You will do great tonight. Do what you did at the town hall.

4 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

In posting the 38-minute clip on Facebook, Mr. Trump urged viewers to “look at the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS.” But the footage shows Ms. Stahl, a “60 Minutes” correspondent since 1991, calmly and firmly asking the president about the coronavirus and other topics as Mr. Trump grows increasingly irritated.

Ugh, look at the comments from his cultists on FB!

Trump's translation: The woman was a nasty bitch. 

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Barrett is going to be a Supreme Court Justice no matter what. Don't kid yourself.

I'm not calling the upset or anything; just saying that if anything derails her nomination, it'll be this. Biden has to bring it up tonight though; he won't get another chance before the Senate votes to confirm. Hopefully, Pelosi uses this opportunity to announce a struck deal with the WH, and use that to jam McConnell on the confirmation vote.

If it doesn't derail her nomination, it probably hands control of the Senate to Democrats. I will call that one.

Archived