MLB 2020: Where Are We Now?

kairparavel

3 hours ago, Trebla said:

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this yet...I'm not worried about Jen Homer taking over, he's as solid as they come...

What does someone like Theo do now?  WSCR had some thoughts on making Theo the Commissioner, though it would likely cramp his style...

12 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Fuck the Dinos (and every iteration of the Giants)! Dogsuli for life!

You're just afraid they'd destroy your Doyers.

ETA: By some law of nature, I have to actually order a shirt and a hat for the team now, right?

23 minutes ago, DMC said:

So looks basically confirmed the Cubs are non-tendering Kyle Schwarber.  Remember that time they refused to trade him for Aroldis Chapman and traded Gleyber Torres instead?

It's a little frustrating.  Love Schwarber though. I hate to see him go.  Especially for nothing.  

Though to be fair, they thought Schwarbs was going to be an even bigger beast at the plate than anticipated.  Certainly the legend of the 2016 WS bears that out a bit.  I think they made a calculated decision over Torres vs. Schwarber...in the end, the math didn't bear out 100%.  To see him go now though, for nothing? Painful.

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I think they made a calculated decision over Torres vs. Schwarber

Agreed.  I also think they gravely miscalculated.  (And thought so at the time too - I was ecstatic the Yanks got Torres instead of Schwarber.  If the comments sections on RiverAveBlues still exist, there's proof out there.)

Anyway, that's still a pretty good lefty power bat out there for dirt cheap.  Wish the Yanks had room for him, could help balance the lineup.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Anyway, that's still a pretty good lefty power bat out there for dirt cheap.  Wish the Yanks had room for him, could help balance the lineup.

It's also odd because half of the calculation was thought to be the expectation of the DH coming full time to the NL (*barf*), and now that it has, they're not going to pay him?  

Also, with Torres, at the time he was blocked by Baez and Russell.  In 2016, no one really knew (I assume) how terrible a person Russell would turn out to be.  

19 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

In 2016, no one really knew (I assume) how terrible a person Russell would turn out to be.  

True.  No one knew how shitty he'd turn out to be on the field either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived