MLB 2020: Where Are We Now?

kairparavel

I somewhat expect him to sign with the White Sox as well. 

When it wasn't entirely sure whether the league would press forward with a universal DH over the off-season, I mentioned to a friend here the likelihood that the Angels could release Pujols this year, and that everyone wearing a Cardinals cap would be thrilled, even if other PH/DH options were available. Perhaps the Sox don't elect to sign him, and the Cardinals can give him a one day for a couple at bats in Busch. It'd be the most overlong standing ovation since... well, we do that shit all the time.

I'm a huge Cardinals homer, and I'll honestly a bit more relieved than sad that they didn't sign him. It would have been a stupid baseball move for an awesome team reason. Everyone in this city thinks his leadership would have been worth it despite him probably being 43 and definitely being a terrible baseball player in 2021.

I hope he hits a few homers in Doyer Stadium, and most importantly I hope the umpires bring crossword puzzles while the fans give him a 45 minute standing ovation on September 6.

Fuck I need to buy some tickets for that series ASAP

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

I hope he hits a few homers in Doyer Stadium, and most importantly I hope the umpires bring crossword puzzles while the fans give him a 45 minute standing ovation on September 6.

From the quality of officiating this season, I’m pretty sure the umps are already doing crossword puzzles during games.

When the Dodgers signed Pujols the Myshkin controlled portion of my consciousness was like, “what the fuck is this all about?”

But the Triskele controlled part of my consciousness was all like, “Shut it dummy, Big Albert P is a baseballing god”.

Is it possible that for the first time since our merger the Trisky part of me is correct? 

Archived