MLB 2020: Where Are We Now?

kairparavel

11 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

That was outrageous. I think bat beatings (multiple) are appropriate on your First Baseman in this situation.

**summons Juan Marichal**

Little Bears are definitely on quite a tear, despite a boatload of injuries. I don't think anyone from the Central can compete with the Dodgers or Padres in a playoff series, but it'll be a battle in the regular season. Cubbies embarrassed the hell out of us the last series, and I sure hope we can do the same in two weeks. Cards v Cubs is my favorite thing in sports - you know, other than us winning world series here and there. 

17 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Little Bears are definitely on quite a tear, despite a boatload of injuries. I don't think anyone from the Central can compete with the Dodgers or Padres in a playoff series, but it'll be a battle in the regular season. Cubbies embarrassed the hell out of us the last series, and I sure hope we can do the same in two weeks. Cards v Cubs is my favorite thing in sports - you know, other than us winning world series here and there. 

6-0 against the Doyers and Friars?  The next seven games will tell the tale, but this Cubs team right now shouldn't be scared if the West in a series. 

Terrible goddamn day finding out Flaherty has an oblique strain on his pitching dominant side that'll keep him out probably 2 months, and tonight's goddamn slaughterhouse against Carlos Martinez - who by the way a lot of Cardinals apologists defend left and right - had his usual "I can't locate this inning so I'm going to get more pouty and completely fucking collapse" happen in the first goddamn inning against the best team in baseball. I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher who broadcasts his emotions as poorly as Carlos when he can't hit his spots. Argh.

I'm pretty much taking a pause on my favorite team in sports for a month or so, and focusing on the NBA playoffs. At least we got Arenado. Bring on 2022. (maybe the Cubs come back to earth and the Cards can still win the ugly-as-hell Central, but it's vastly clear that the Dodgers and Padres are on another level. I have no idea about the Giants - I thought they were supposed to be an 82 win kind of team?

edit: And Jaxom I'm not a hater of your team - I want the Cards and Cubs to be 1 and 2 every year. I am just a bit of a skeptic of this roster - but man have they proven me wrong. So hey if you guys win 100 games this season, please beat Mysh's evil empire Dodgers, who are just unbelievably stacked. 

9 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

edit: And Jaxom I'm not a hater of your team - I want the Cards and Cubs to be 1 and 2 every year. I am just a bit of a skeptic of this roster - but man have they proven me wrong. So hey if you guys win 100 games this season, please beat Mysh's evil empire Dodgers, who are just unbelievably stacked. 

Oh heck no, Cubs/Cardinals is the best rivalry in baseball, if not all of sport. Loathe evening about the city and the team, but damn it's entertaining and so much better when they're both good.  

I keep expecting a regression towards the mean here, but it's been nothing but, "next guy up" day after day. Bryant is playing better than he did during his 2016 MVP season. Baez has found it again.  The bullpen is out of this world.  And the whole thing feels like 2016 all over, but even more fun, if that is possible. 

Listen, the Braves’ pitcher is named Ian Anderson, which means there’s a ton of kickass nicknames he could have. So what should it be?

Aqualung 

Locomotive Breath

The Whistler

Cross-Eyed Mary

The Quizz Kid

War Child

Heavy Horse

Steel Monkey

My vote’s for Locomotive Breath, but The Whistler would be cool too.

Currently in the virtual waiting room for Cubs presale tickets. Hoping to see a game while we're in Chicago in a few weeks for my birthday. They're playing the Marlins but eh, we can cheer on Joc. Fingers crossed!

ETA

After 4 different carts got dumped and  a return to the waiting room, I finally won the Cubs Hunger Games! See you in a few weeks, Joc!

Wrigley is a heck of a fun time for a baseball game. You'll have a blast. It's not a successful trip to Wrigleyville if you dont get beer sloshed on you by a wasted 22 year old,, so make sure to soak up the neighborhood (... ba dum ching). The Cubs' Next Man Up call to arms has been really successful. They're a fun team again (despite my rose tinted negative view of their core).

Archived