MLB 2020: Where Are We Now?

kairparavel

I know there are connections to Boston with the colors, but I'm really not a fan of a Red Sox uniform that doesn't have any red in it.

And that's about the extent of my ability to contribute to baseball discussion anymore.

4 hours ago, Fez said:

I know there are connections to Boston with the colors, but I'm really not a fan of a Red Sox uniform that doesn't have any red in it.

And that's about the extent of my ability to contribute to baseball discussion anymore.

I'm reserving judgement until I see the Northsiders entry to this uniform set up, but I kinda dig those Boston ones...

Oh FFS, I can’t believe they’re still doing the ridiculous extra innings rule. I fucking hate that Covid gave these dumb dicks an excuse to push through all this stupid shit.

25 minutes ago, Trishkin said:

Did the Cubs give Joc a waffle maker for hitting his first HR of the season? Well shit, maybe the “Cubs way” isn’t so bad after all. 

Apparently it was a prize for the next hit...and it was, at least in part, Joc's idea...theniront being he was the next hit...

On 4/10/2021 at 12:18 AM, Trishkin said:

Joe Musgrove throws Friars’ first ever no-no. 

Happy for Joe -- San Diego fan growing up there and then threw their first no hitter. Awesome.

Pretty bleak for Pittsburg as their pitching leaves (a pitcher-friendly ballpark) and have been amazing -- Cole already and then potentially Musgrove, Taillon, and even Trevor Williams. (Archer was looking good before getting injured again too)

19 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The Tigers will be absolutely abysmal again, there is nothing to even root for.

The Tigers have some pretty exciting young talent coming up (and already in the Majors)

Pitching - Manning (best pitching prospect*), Mize, Skubal 

Hitting - Torkelson (top draft pick, awesome hitter), Isaac Paredes, Willi Castro (both 3B/MI prospects), and Akil Baddoo (fun one - great power/speed combo - 22 yo Rule 5 pick meaning he's essentially sink or swim in the Majors otherwise he goes back to the Twins)

*TINSTAAPP aside

On 4/12/2021 at 1:13 PM, Week said:

Akil Baddoo (fun one - great power/speed combo - 22 yo Rule 5 pick meaning he's essentially sink or swim in the Majors otherwise he goes back to the Twins)

Hey thanks for the heads up on this guy, he's smashing the seams out of the ball so far!!

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2021/04/akil-baddoo-nearly-hit-his-fourth-home-run-instead-he-made-his-first-blunder.html

Archived