MLB 2020: Where Are We Now?

kairparavel

For anyone who forgot or was unsure about that totally stupid "newish" MLB feature-

One undeniable change is a carry-over from last season when MLB decided to start each extra-inning with a runner on second base. The rule was implemented to increase scoring in extra innings and ideally prevent them from going into multiple extra innings.

Its a heresy at best.

4 hours ago, Trishkin said:

Dodgers have now dropped 2 in a row. Time to panic. 

El Culichi is doing what he can to end the streak. Would be nice if the bats would help (Mookie :crying: -- x-rays were negative though).

On 4/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

For anyone who forgot or was unsure about that totally stupid "newish" MLB feature-

One undeniable change is a carry-over from last season when MLB decided to start each extra-inning with a runner on second base. The rule was implemented to increase scoring in extra innings and ideally prevent them from going into multiple extra innings.

Its a heresy at best.

That's probably why the Pioneer League is going to be doing this 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/pioneer-league-will-decide-games-with-home-run-derby-instead-of-extra-innings-in-2021/

12 hours ago, Trishkin said:

Have I mentioned how much I fucking hate the extra-innings rule? 

It's really terrible -- a solution to a 'problem' that creates more problems. The end of the Brewers/Dodgers game was harder to watch specifically due to the runner on second.

8 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Yesterday, I liked it. 

But in general, you're absolutely correct. 

And why are your Dodgers sound such a good Cubs impression over their last 20 games or so...?

I believe their goal is to make MC have a heart attack.

Just now, Trishkin said:

I believe their goal is to make MC have a heart attack.

Well that's not very nice.  

And hey, if the Cubs were able to break Kershaw for good yesterday, well, that's just fine...(he's not broken for good...)

Archived