MLB 2020: Where Are We Now?

kairparavel

3 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Is your Twitter account active again that you can cajole Manfred into admitting he is a colossal failure of a commissioner? Or at least threaten to beat him up between 2nd and 3rd period, and everyone already knows and will be there.

Sadly, while it was indeed reactivated for a short time, it has now once again been deactivated. I guess in Biden’s America you’re just not allowed to tell the president’s lawyer that he’s a sack of shit or ask the president’s almost-daughter-in-law if she still plans to make good on those promised lap dances even though her sugar daddy lost. Fucking commies.

On 11/7/2020 at 2:09 PM, Myshkin said:

So while everybody in the world has been following a different news story, the Red Sox have quietly rehired Alex Cora. How utterly fucking shameful. I hope they never win another game.

How's your glass house, classy w(e)inner?

https://mobile.twitter.com/ericstephen/status/1047165887806038016

1 hour ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The La Russa era is already off to a riveting start. 

Could save the WSox for a terrible decision. Who could have seen this coming???

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2007-03-23-0703230199-story.html

10 hours ago, Myshkin said:

For reasons pertaining to the president’s offspring I am currently unable to access Twitter.

Meh, no worries - just drunkenly lobbing a barb back. I'm not a die hard Sawks (or any sports ball team) anymore but still the holier-than-thou over the Astros sign-stealing rankles when compared to the criminality of others (human trafficking, abuse of minor leaguer players and teams (goddamn, Yankees doing the SI Yankees dirty), etc.

Oh well, that in a nutshell is why I am a fan of the players and competition. We're all good, carry on. :cheers:

Tony La Russa was a very cranky DUI

Can the already-ridiculous story of the White Sox FO Jerry Reinsdorf hiring him get any worse? I expect to find out that his charity work with rescue dogs was a huge money laundering scheme all along, or something. 

Marcus Stroman was quoted today saying he'd never sign with the Sox for any amount of money. Can the White Sox get a do-over and just keep Renteria (and the respect of its roster and the national baseball community) ?

28 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Lol. From the article:

The officer asked if La Russa had any drinks, and he replied that he had one glass of wine at dinner, the report said.

"One glass of wine ... [refilled a few times]"

I mean, this was a bad look before -- I don't know how the organization can countenance this.

4 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

Tony La Russa was a very cranky DUI

Can the already-ridiculous story of the White Sox FO Jerry Reinsdorf hiring him get any worse? I expect to find out that his charity work with rescue dogs was a huge money laundering scheme all along, or something. 

Marcus Stroman was quoted today saying he'd never sign with the Sox for any amount of money. Can the White Sox get a do-over and just keep Renteria (and the respect of its roster and the national baseball community) ?

Fuck my life.

Tony Larussa is the devil!

maybe 2009 or so I went to see the nats host a pre-cheating shitbag organization Houston astros as my coworker was from there. seeing as it was a weekday bullshit match up we sat three rows from third base. beers flowed pretty seriously. at some point i see an entire family in cards gear??!! as a Dodger boy who has been taken to task by them recently in the playoffs i tell them emphatically 'tony Larissa is the devil.' it became a chant in the area by bemused fans. 

yeah. that's my baseball thing.

oh, and i woke up last week imagining the shit talking wrapped in congratulations that bones would have  had regarding a dodgers world series. 

5 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Marlins hire Kim Ng, making her first female GM in MLB history.

Where would this organization be if they had done this prior to trading Yelich, Realmuto, and Gallen for poor returns?

Awesome news. Quite overdue for Kim Ng.

What I am absolutely loving today is that almost every comment on every story about Kim Ng I’ve read has been some variation of “about damn time somebody hired this incredibly qualified executive to run a baseball team”. I was fully prepared to see a shitstorm of MRA dickbags and DudeBro assholes bitching about the first female GM in any of the big four North American sports, but instead all I’ve seen is heartfelt celebration of a hugely competent baseball person finally getting her due. It gives me hope for humanity.

Archived