US Election Predictions Thread

Fez

42 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

This is what I was wondering; I don't "collect" shoes, but I have probably more pairs than lots of men: 1 pair bl/1pair br dress shoes, 5 pairs casual shoes, 4 pairs sneakers (2 running, 2 x-trainers), and my ratty old sneakers I use to mow the lawn.

This sounds very normal to me.  I just went and counted, and not even counting activity specific footwear I have 15 pairs of boots and shoes.  And a couple old worn out pairs of boots without laces for throwing on quickly if one of the dogs decides to take off out of the yard into the woods.

2 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Pumpkin once lost an exchange with the machete. He was cutting poison Ivy and cut towards himself, not away. Lots of blood. Stitches internally in the muscle and external stitches to close. 

This summer I was at absolute war with our property's grapevines, euonymus (evilest of the evil), Virginia Creeper, you name it. So I grabbed Dad's 1940s boy scout hatchet, freshly sharpened. With no one around, I obviously was duty bound by innate impulse to flip it in the air and catch it. First time easy. Second time, amazing! Third time, hey let's go higher! 10 minutes later, gauze, bandage, bloody sleeve, refusal to go to the Urgicare. I blamed an errant splintering. Dad knew. He just knew. 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I have 0, 1, 1(if we dont count trainers). 

I'm at 3/1/10ish, depending on what you'd count.

3 hours ago, S John said:

It’s not that uncommon for younger dudes in the US to have sneaker collections and I suspect that’s what @Tywin et al. was thinking about. 

full disclosure I think I kind of have a lot of shoes though I’m not collecting them or anything.

Yeah. All my shoes/boots range from about $150-$200, which isn't cheap, but they all serve a purpose. I was more commenting on the guys who buy shows that sometimes cost several thousand dollars and then never wear them. I can at least justify why women buy expense heels. And unlike heels, a lot of the sneakers look like absolute dogshit. 

1 hour ago, The Great Unwashed said:

This is what I was wondering; I don't "collect" shoes, but I have probably more pairs than lots of men: 1 pair bl/1pair br dress shoes, 5 pairs casual shoes, 4 pairs sneakers (2 running, 2 x-trainers), and my ratty old sneakers I use to mow the lawn.

Yea off the top of my head I have maybe 8 pairs of shoes but all of them have a specific purpose. Only duplication in purpose I can think of is I have 2 pairs of casual shoes. @BigFatCoward had me feeling like a consumerist sucker but then @Chataya de Fleury comes in and tells me I own a below average number of shoes. WHICH IS IT. I don’t know whether to donate or shop.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

You really should save up and spring for a second shoe.

Oooh, fucking lah di dah. Get you with your consumerist ways. 

I should point out that I currently have 6 pairs of the same trainers. But 5 are boxed and I only have one pair for wearing at a time. 

I assume we arent counting sports specific footwear? 

Just now, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Ofc. BFC conveniently left out the stuff in the evidence locker he has access to. Rumoredly he even got married in one of Ronnie Kray's old suits. Is it true? Probably not. But still a great story, I think.

Do you know how bad shoes tend to smell that belong to criminals? We always at least double or triple bag them to deal with the stench. 

10 minutes ago, S John said:

Yea off the top of my head I have maybe 8 pairs of shoes but all of them have a specific purpose. Only duplication in purpose I can think of is I have 2 pairs of casual shoes. @BigFatCoward had me feeling like a consumerist sucker but then @Chataya de Fleury comes in and tells me I own a below average number of shoes. WHICH IS IT. I don’t know whether to donate or shop.

Consume! 

Just now, Week said:

Twats of a feather flock together? 

Anyway, back on topic, with no knowledge of any of the shit you lot talk about, I'm going to stick my finger in the air and go Biden 330ish. 

2 minutes ago, Week said:

Because their hatred of Massholes like you supersedes any negative feelings they may have about him.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Because their hatred of Massholes like you supersedes any negative feelings they may have about him.

I mean, I'm am soy boy, masshole, sjw. That's like the anti-Trinity for MAGAts.

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Do you know how bad shoes tend to smell that belong to criminals? We always at least double or triple bag them to deal with the stench. 

That was a strangely specific denial for a throwaway joke...

I think, I should quit this line of questioning, before you have to come up with a denial to the suggestion, that the retirement plans of the UK's top law enforcement officers relies on no small part on selling confiscated blow to Michael Gove. It would explain a thing or two, but any retirement plan relying on him sounds like a bad idea.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm at 3/1/10ish, depending on what you'd count.

Yeah. All my shoes/boots range from about $150-$200, which isn't cheap, but they all serve a purpose. I was more commenting on the guys who buy shows that sometimes cost several thousand dollars and then never wear them. I can at least justify why women buy expense heels. And unlike heels, a lot of the sneakers look like absolute dogshit. 

Preach.

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

This sounds very normal to me.  I just went and counted, and not even counting activity specific footwear I have 15 pairs of boots and shoes.  And a couple old worn out pairs of boots without laces for throwing on quickly if one of the dogs decides to take off out of the yard into the woods.

I will say I didn't include my hiking or work boots, since I don't regularly wear them, and I do have a few "never wear" pairs floating around, but didn't include those either.

Archived