NFL 2020: Vanity of Vanity; All is Vanity

Jace, Extat

54 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Tonight is going to be a disastrous curb stomping. 

49 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Maybe Shannahan will take it easy on them.

Oh how I wish that were true.

The Packers are going to take revenge for the two whuppins they were handed last year.

4 hours ago, DMC said:

The Niners main back last week and tonight started the season on the practice squad as well.

:P

Once Bourne was ruled out... every player who started on the Niners offense against GB in the playoffs last year is officially out of this game.

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Oh how I wish that were true.

The Packers are going to take revenge for the two whuppins they were handed last year.

I was listening to a run down of their injuries this year even before the COVID situation and it felt like listening to the side effects from a drug commercial. 

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Once Bourne was ruled out... every player who started on the Niners offense against GB in the playoffs last year is officially out of this game.

Think you're forgetting the lineman, pretty sure McGlinchey and Tomlinson started.

5 hours ago, aceluby said:

GB might be playing with two practice squad RBs for the same reason.

Fun times.

Nope.  They activated him, presumably solely to fuck over any fantasy team I'm desperate enough to start him in due to the fact that basically every one of my teams has about thirteen people hurt.

35 minutes ago, briantw said:

Nope.  They activated him, presumably solely to fuck over any fantasy team I'm desperate enough to start him in due to the fact that basically every one of my teams has about thirteen people hurt.

I have a team with five guys on IR, several other IR guys already dropped and a few on byes. 

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

@Rhom - you see this article from Barnwell that includes potential Garoppolo replacements?  Even he can't really come up with a viable alternative.  Love how Aaron Rodgers made the list though.

Would you give up three first round picks, or similar value, for what we'd assume is three years of Rodgers, planning on the third year to be a bad season, but you'd be the best team in the NFC for the first two seasons?

As a Vikings fan, since Kirk is on the list, you can have him for a simple pick swap. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Would you give up three first round picks, or similar value, for what we'd assume is three years of Rodgers, planning on the third year to be a bad season, but you'd be the best team in the NFC for the first two seasons?

No I wouldn't give up anything close to that for Rodgers.  He's expensive and old.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

As a Vikings fan, since Kirk is on the list, you can have him for a simple pick swap. 

The pick swap would have to be our 7th for your 1st.  Even then I don't know...

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

@Rhom - you see this article from Barnwell that includes potential Garoppolo replacements?  Even he can't really come up with a viable alternative.  Love how Aaron Rodgers made the list though.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

As a Vikings fan... was Favre worth it?

When he had Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay coaching him, Cousins was an above average quarterback.  Better than handsome Jimmy.  Now, maybe the Niners just can't make that contract work, in which case trading for him is a moot point.  But Cousins to SF feels like a decent fit to me. 

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

No I wouldn't give up anything close to that for Rodgers.  He's expensive and old.

He'd also make you the favorite though, and you don't have many options. 

The pick swap would have to be our 7th for your 1st.  Even then I don't know...

I'm listening......

:P

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Now, maybe the Niners just can't make that contract work

That's the issue, yeah.  His cap hit the next two years is $31 and $45 million.  Even if they released him after next season, they'd still have $10 million in dead cap.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

He'd also make you the favorite though, and you don't have many options. 

Taking on way too much risk if he gets injured.  Which, ya know, is quite possible for a 37 year old.

I had been wondering recently about Matt Ryan.  I think the article dismisses the possibility a bit too easily.  I think the Falcons may be going into rebuild mode sooner rather than later.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Is Handsome Jimmy 'not good' or he just super injury prone?  I really can't tell anymore. 

The current knock on him seems to be that he is slow to make his progressions.  There are several examples in recent weeks of him missing open receivers because he’s locked onto a primary read.

Archived