NFL 2020: Vanity of Vanity; All is Vanity

Jace, Extat

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I sat down just in time to watch the Panthers attempt to hit the longest field goal in league history.

It was wide by a significant margin, but it had the leg.

There's a sex joke somewhere in here, especially when you consider the former owner's statue. 

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The fuck is going on here? I'm trying to power read a book and am only half watching, but this beatdown has been surprising. 

Bucs are just cold. Offense and defense both. I've seen it happen to Bruce Arians teams before.

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The fuck is going on here? I'm trying to power read a book and am only half watching, but this beatdown has been surprising. 

I’ve been in and out while reading as well, every time I look up something bad is happening to the Bucs

6 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Bucs are just cold. Offense and defense both. I've seen it happen to Bruce Arians teams before.

Still, this is weird.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I’ve been in and out while reading as well, every time I look up something bad is happening to the Bucs

What are you reading? I'm trying to put a dent into Death on the Nile before giving Watchmen a shot. A step-brother just sent me a collector's edition and it looks pretty cool. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

What are you reading? I'm trying to put a dent into Death on the Nile before giving Watchmen a shot. A step-brother just sent me a collector's edition and it looks pretty cool. 

I read Watchmen for the first time earlier this year and enjoyed it.

I’m picking up Hobb again.  I read the Assassin trilogy in 2018, now I’m on book one of Liveship Traders.

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

Well at least Dallas played hard. 

I was quite satisfied with that game. Gilbert looked like a decent backup, the rookies played well, they scared the hell out of the Steelers, and they lost which is good for the draft. 

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

I was quite satisfied with that game. Gilbert looked like a decent backup, the rookies played well, they scared the hell out of the Steelers, and they lost which is good for the draft. 

Lock step agreement with you. Getting rid of those underperforming FA veterans allowed Gallimore some playing time and he looked great for a 3rd rd rookie.  The QB looked best when he was rolling out, likely due to the porous off line.

Also.... I have never seen a team pass up a relatively easy field goal when only up by 5. And to find out they chose not to kick it because they had no faith they make it or not get another one blocked!  

10 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Flacco just passed Joe Montana for 20th all-time passing yards. Is anyone else watching this joke of a game?

Not really, it's on mute in the background as I read and do laundry. But this does serve as a good example why we really need to control for the stat inflation of today's game. Shit, Fitzmagic has more rushing TDs than Bo Fucking Jackson...

12 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Flacco is playing... elite.

He can still throw from a clean pocket! Good for him, this game might get him a job next year. The other two were abysmal, I legit thought he was toast. But the Pats have no pressure so he's looking good. Real good.

Archived