NFL 2020: Vanity of Vanity; All is Vanity

Jace, Extat

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Glad to see Carlos Dunlap have a big game for the Seahawks. Lou Anarumo had absolutely no idea how to use him (or Geno Atkins) properly since switching us away from a 4-3. 

I can dig it.  I am pleased with tonight's result.  Covid anxiety is turning me into a fair weather fan and I need Seattle to win to avoid a breakdown.

That was a good bounce back by the Seahawks — against a very in-form team — after a mini-slump.  And a lot of that improvement was just from getting a couple of injured players back.  Having just one of three RBs available suddenly made the run game viable and helped the pass protection a bit (still rocky in the first half though), even with a novice rookie at Center.  And having Jamal Adams meant the pass rush could reduce the time available to the opposing QB, so the secondary wasn’t getting picked apart for long plays.  It didn’t seem like they got a lot of sacks, but they definitely reduced the number of long throws.  Flowers at CB looked vulnerable against Hopkins, and was conceding space for short throws all night to dissuade the long throw.  I’m kind of surprised that Murray didn’t just keep making 6-7 yard throws to Hopkins all night until he forced the Seahawks to have to change. 

If Chris Carson and Rashad Penney may be healthy soon, and they get some OL back healthy, this team could get stronger as the play-offs start.  But first they have a really tough division to navigate. 

56 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

ETA: I'm sorry, eight on one side. Jesus.

Yeah eleven total - three on the right side.  I did enjoy ESPN's article on it.  Starts with "doctors are encouraged by his progress, specifically [blah blah blah]."  Then the next sentence is like "oh, btw, they did also discover additional rib fractures."

6 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah eleven total - three on the right side.  I did enjoy ESPN's article on it.  Starts with "doctors are encouraged by his progress, specifically [blah blah blah]."  Then the next sentence is like "oh, btw, they did also discover additional rib fractures."

I've never cracked a rib before, but everyone who has says it's miserable. Breathing hurts. Laying down hurts. Really everything hurts. And that's just with a cracked rib. Eleven cracked ribs and a collapsed lung? That has to be horrific. 

10 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

It's deeply unpleasant. Although in fairness I'm not sure having multiple cracked ribs would make it that much worse. Having them on both sides probably isn't fun though.

Eleven ribs is basically half your rib cage. I've got to believe that feels terrible. 

Archived