NFL 2020: Vanity of Vanity; All is Vanity

Jace, Extat

20 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I didn't know there was a rule that allowed the refs to only call fouls on one side. If you want to discuss cheating in sports, go watch the rerun of Cowboys-Vikings. 

Age old criticism, Dallas paid the refs, never call penalties on them. Your team blew it plain and simple. In doing so they screwed up Dallas draft pick next year!

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Age old criticism, Dallas paid the refs, never call penalties on them. Your team blew it plain and simple. In doing so they screwed up Dallas draft pick next year!

The Dallas-Washington showdown on Thanksgiving is for first place in the division, and the inside track to a playoff spot.

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Lol sure. When the penalties are six to one and the one wasn't even the head shot on our QB that caused a turnover. That was a horribly officiated game. There were literally more holding calls against the Vikings on Cowboys run plays than there were holding calls on the Cowboys, despite them holding all game long. 

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Nah

Nine months is best case scenario, but even then it will take him time to return to form. I never expect anything from a player the season after they come back from a serious injury. AP skewed our expectations.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nine months is best case scenario, but even then it will take him time to return to form. I never expect anything from a player the season after they come back from a serious injury. AP skewed our expectations.

Carson Palmer suffered a very similar injury in 2006 (and that was in January in the playoffs), and he was ready to start the next season. And he played well. Everyone is different, and they won’t know the extent of the damage until they get in there, but missing all next season is very unlikely in Burrow’s case. 

17 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Carson Palmer suffered a very similar injury in 2006 (and that was in January in the playoffs), and he was ready to start the next season. And he played well. Everyone is different, and they won’t know the extent of the damage until they get in there, but missing all next season is very unlikely in Burrow’s case. 

True. I would just be really cautious with him because the line is a disaster and frankly, someone needs to be fired for allowing him to lead the league in attempted passes.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

True. I would just be really cautious with him because the line is a disaster and frankly, someone needs to be fired for allowing him to lead the league in attempted passes.

I wish we could fire our owner...

Ideally we’ll lose out though, and draft Penei Sewell 3rd overall. Along with Jonah Williams we’d at least have our bookends at OT for the decade. 

9 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I wish we could fire our owner...

Since you can't relegate teams, you should be able to relegate owners. 

Ideally we’ll lose out though, and draft Penei Sewell 3rd overall. Along with Jonah Williams we’d at least have our bookends at OT for the decade. 

I'll have to take your word on it, but word to the wise, getting a top elite tackle prospect is no lock. Matt Kalil looked like he was on his was to the HoF after his Pro-Bowl rookie season and was absolute garbage after that. 

Archived