Videogames - Meanwhile in Poland.

Red Tiger

8 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Has anyone played Cyperpunk on an Xbox One X(the upgraded version of the previous generation)? Getting good info seems difficult as even gaming sites seem to confuse the different console versions. The people responsible for naming these consoles need to be fired... 

I think getting a new console be it a PS5/Xbox whatever might be better than buying the game on the old one. 

I have not, but I returned my Xbox One copy and am doing the GeForce Now thing. It's like night and day. I could have actually lived with the terrible graphics but it runs so much smoother and loads so much quicker. Have yet to encounter a queue here in the northeast US. 

If you have decent internet I think that's the way to go if you can't find a next gen console. 

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

Cyberpunk is currently down on GeForce Now.  Perfect timing, as I was supposed to go to a buddy's place tonight before his wife was exposed to someone with covid and now have fuck all to do tonight.

Says down for maintenance, maybe they're applying the patch?

29 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Says down for maintenance, maybe they're applying the patch?

That would be my assumption.  Taking longer to get this shit working than it did on launch night, though.  It's been broken since at least 4pm EST, which was the first time I tried to play today.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

That would be my assumption.  Taking longer to get this shit working than it did on launch night, though.  It's been broken since at least 4pm EST, which was the first time I tried to play today.

This is my first experience with the service so I have no idea what's normal. I just hope they're not getting DDoSed or something. 

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

This is my first experience with the service so I have no idea what's normal. I just hope they're not getting DDoSed or something. 

That I couldn't say.  This is the first time I've tried to play a major release on the platform at launch, so no idea if this is normal or not.  It's definitely frustrating, because when my plans fell through I basically just intended to play Cyberpunk all night.

Guess it's back to Valhalla for me.  I've spent the last hour working my way through Sanderson's latest.  

21 minutes ago, briantw said:

That I couldn't say.  This is the first time I've tried to play a major release on the platform at launch, so no idea if this is normal or not.  It's definitely frustrating, because when my plans fell through I basically just intended to play Cyberpunk all night.

Guess it's back to Valhalla for me.  I've spent the last hour working my way through Sanderson's latest.  

I notice it's up for GoG players but not for Steam or Epic store users.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Explain some of these things to me... is the game only a live service?  Can you not purchase it on Steam/GoG and just download and play it?

You can, but my PC is old and it runs like hot dog shit.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Explain some of these things to me... is the game only a live service?  Can you not purchase it on Steam/GoG and just download and play it?

I'm assuming my laptop can't run it. So you buy the game on Steam/GoG and pay $4.99 a month for the service. 

Eventually when there's not a video card shortage I'll probably get a desktop that can run it but until then this works better than I thought it would. Way better than the Xbox One version ran. 

The problem with a game like CP2077 is that when a hotfix comes out, they need to roll it out to every single server, hence it taking multiple hours. And since I expect more fixes in the days to come, that will be happening a bit. Apparently there’s a big patch on the 15th or soon thereafter incoming.

I have gone ahead and just DLed it to play it at 1280x700 with every setting low on my 6 year old potato of a,computer, just to clear out assaults and do small gigs to rack up the cash I want and level up a bit. Been fun.

I reached the title card in CP77 after 18 hours. I tried to zero every single side-quest and activity in Watson (the starting area) and didn't even get close, just focused on side-jobs and gigs. 100%ing this game is going to take forever.

The big story mission you do to get to the title card is also amazing. One of the best stealth missions in any game I've played.

22 minutes ago, Ran said:

The problem with a game like CP2077 is that when a hotfix comes out, they need to roll it out to every single server, hence it taking multiple hours. And since I expect more fixes in the days to come, that will be happening a bit. Apparently there’s a big patch on the 15th or soon thereafter incoming.

I have gone ahead and just DLed it to play it at 1280x700 with every setting low on my 6 year old potato of a,computer, just to clear out assaults and do small gigs to rack up the cash I want and level up a bit. Been fun.

I just really don't see a reason why I can't just load up Steam on GFN, download the patch myself, and then play.  That doesn't seem to be an issue for any other game that has a minor patch applied.  I've done it with TF2 a dozen times, as that game is patched seemingly once a month even like twelve years after launch.

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

I just really don't see a reason why I can't just load up Steam on GFN, download the patch myself, and then play.  That doesn't seem to be an issue for any other game that has a minor patch applied.  I've done it with TF2 a dozen times, as that game is patched seemingly once a month even like twelve years after launch.

Works on steam again, now GoG says it's patching and will be ready in a few hours. 

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

I reached the title card in CP77 after 18 hours. I tried to zero every single side-quest and activity in Watson (the starting area) and didn't even get close, just focused on side-jobs and gigs. 100%ing this game is going to take forever.

I've also been doing this, up to 8 hours now and I think I'm going to stop. Got discouraged after seeing new job icons popping up on the map. Also, I haven't done any of the 'open world' icons at all yet. I'm not clear what they are, or how they differ from the various jobs. Are they the repeatable content?

I also had one job that triggered from talking with an NPC (he was where the job icon was), and there was another conversation at the end that had dialog choices. Its the only one so far that wasn't just the Watson fixer giving me a call. It was very strange that it was in the same category. I feel like the journal and map icons probably need an overhaul; though that'd be a much lower priority than some other issues.

8 hours ago, Fez said:

I've also been doing this, up to 8 hours now and I think I'm going to stop. Got discouraged after seeing new job icons popping up on the map. Also, I haven't done any of the 'open world' icons at all yet. I'm not clear what they are, or how they differ from the various jobs. Are they the repeatable content?

I also had one job that triggered from talking with an NPC (he was where the job icon was), and there was another conversation at the end that had dialog choices. Its the only one so far that wasn't just the Watson fixer giving me a call. It was very strange that it was in the same category. I feel like the journal and map icons probably need an overhaul; though that'd be a much lower priority than some other issues.

It appears the categories are supposed to work as follows:

Main Missions: Long, story-based missions with tons of dialogue options and different approaches. Dialogue choices and how you do these missions have a significant impact on the overall flow of the story. The very first big mission, with the Spider-Bot, is the best example of this: if you just go in and talk to the Maelstrom guys straight-up you get a sort-of good rep with them, which can help in side-missions where you have to deal with Maelstrom. You can also do a side-job during this mission where you free, kill or ignore a prisoner, which also has big implications down the road (free him and he'll owe you a big favour, which makes a later mission easier). If you contact the Militech rep before doing the mission, you can also get on Militech's good side at the cost of making Maelstrom hate you (so far, it looks like you run into Maelstrom way more often, which is also a factor to consider). There are, comparatively, only a few of these and if you mainline them you'll burn through the story relatively quickly. It's recommended you intersperse them with side-missions and gigs.

Side-Missions: These vary a lot, with the longest turning into 2-4 hour sub-quest chains and the shortest being literally "call this person and talk to them". The main purpose of side-missions is to flesh out factions, characters and events and give them greater resonance. Side-Missions are where you get romance options and also allow you to improve your reputation with other factions. They can also be very funny (like the psycho AI Uber mission you get immediately after the title card). Side-missions can be triggered by phone calls, by characters in main missions asking you to contact them later on or just by bumping into some seemingly-random event around the city (I had one that only triggers if you go down the stairs outside V's apartment and walk past a certain door; if you always take the garage lift instead, you'll never see it).

Gigs: These are relatively short and very location-fixed. You go to a place, your handler calls and lets you know what's going on and you have to handle the job however you see fit (go in all guns blazing, stealth, hacking etc, but only very occasionally through dialogue/negotiation). They don't take that long but also don't give up a huge amount of exp individually. Do 4-5 in a row (which you should be able to fit into an hour) and you can clean up cash and exp though.

Archived