Is Daenerys justified in wiping out House Lannister/Baratheon since they tried to do the same to House Targaryen?

Mario Seddy

No.

Jaime killed Aerys to save uncountable lives.

Cersei wasn't Cruella DeVill (yet), just an ambitious, incestuous golden headed fool.

Tyrion...well, he thought his cock was only good for pissing then

Renly was just a kid grieving for his dead parents with no support from an ironassed aloof brother (Stannis, who is also innocent of the said crimes) and another big, whoring self minded oaf of a brother who had no choice but to pardon scum like Lorch, Clegane and Tywin if he had to rule a Realm reeling from civil war.

And the kids of the said characters above are innocent for the simple fact that they weren't even born yet. 

5 hours ago, Mario Seddy said:

Is daenerys justified in seeking revenge against houses Lannister/ Baratheon for how brutally they killed her good sister, niece and nephew. And how they would've killed any targaryen they could have got their hands on? 

Wiping out the whole family?  No.  But she will be justified if she wanted to execute Stannis.  And Tywin, Gregor, and Amory if they were still alive when she arrives.

1 minute ago, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:

Stannis would have murdered the new king, Viserys Targaryen, and Daenerys if he had caught them on Dragonstone years ago.  They were able to get away, thanks to the brave and loyal Ser Willem Darry.

See? This is what I mean by irrational bias influence. Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, but SINCE WHEN DOES KILLING PEOPLE FOR CRIMES THEY MIGHT/WOULD HAVE DONE IS RIGHT??!!

And Viserys ended up on the wrong side of the Targ coin toss. Dany's still is spinning.

10 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

See? This is what I mean by irrational bias influence. Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, but SINCE WHEN DOES KILLING PEOPLE FOR CRIMES THEY MIGHT/WOULD HAVE DONE IS RIGHT??!!

And Viserys ended up on the wrong side of the Targ coin toss. Dany's still is spinning.

Obviously it would not be right if Stannis was executed only for "what he would have done in the past."  I am answering the question based on the premise that Stannis Baratheon will fight against her when she arrives.  There will be no need to execute him if he bends the knee and accepts her rule.  That, and he needs to stop pretending to be Azor Ahai.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai.  

2 minutes ago, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:

Obviously it would not be right if Stannis was executed only for "what he would have done in the past."  I am answering the question based on the premise that Stannis Baratheon will fight against her when she arrives.  There will be no need to execute him if he bends the knee and accepts her rule.  That, and he needs to stop pretending to be Azor Ahai.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai.  

Sounds too Hitler-ish for me. Absolute power. "Die if you can't/wont accept me". Colonialism. Imperialism. 

Just now, TheLastWolf said:

Sounds too Hitler-ish for me. Absolute power. "Die if you can't/wont accept me". Colonialism. Imperialism. 

You don't think the Starks did the very same thing in conquering the north?  Surely you don't believe the Starks subjugated the other families in the north by being polite and kind.  

1 minute ago, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:

You don't think the Starks did the very same thing in conquering the north?  Surely you don't believe the Starks subjugated the other families in the north by being polite and kind.  

Inevitably someone or the other brings it up. Starks vs Targs. Jon vs Dany (when they aren't shipping those two: gross aunt-nephew incest if RLJ true). I have vowed to abstain/refrain from this as much as possible. Sure, I have a retort, but that isn't going to change either of our opinions. Adios.

1 minute ago, TheLastWolf said:

Inevitably someone or the other brings it up. Starks vs Targs. Jon vs Dany (when they aren't shipping those two: gross aunt-nephew incest if RLJ true). I have vowed to abstain/refrain from this as much as possible. Sure, I have a retort, but that isn't going to change either of our opinions. Adios.

No, it's not going to change either of our opinions.  Have yourself a nice day, TheLastWolf.

I mean wiping out the Baratheons just makes sense politically. Having any Baratheons left to make a claim for the throne would be bad. Leave no Baratheons for the Baratheon sympathizers to rally behind, if they ever try to plot rebellion again.

1 hour ago, TheLastWolf said:

Attempted murder is a crime tho

Stannis did take Dragonstone from them trying to murder both of them but they escaped, that seems like valid enough of a reason.

To answer to the op... I think The Robert approach is always better, sending to the Wall who you must and pardoning who you can. (except for Aegon and Rhaenys, but I think had Ned got there first Robert might have pardon them).

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

Attempted murder is a crime tho

Stannis did take Dragonstone from them trying to murder both of them but they escaped, that seems like valid enough of a reason.

There are about just a few million attempted murders in the course of the series. We don't point everything out for punishment. Just because it's popular Fairy Godmother Queen Dany, many make exceptions. :dunno:

17 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

There are about just a few million attempted murders in the course of the series. We don't point everything out for punishment. Just because it's popular Fairy Godmother Queen Dany, many make exceptions. :dunno:

I agree she shouldn't, but she has reason enough to do it, and it's in her character to do it aswell. (Tho It's also in her character to forgive him)

4 hours ago, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:

unfortunately he probably does. 

To answer the OP's question the only who one still alive who deserves some kind of "punishment" is Jamie for slewing his king and her father. She would be totally justified for executing him for that crime.  

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

unfortunately he probably does. 

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. 

Under Siege 2

13 hours ago, El Guapo said:

To answer the OP's question the only who one still alive who deserves some kind of "punishment" is Jamie for slewing his king and her father. She would be totally justified for executing him for that crime

Jaime 'slewing' poor Aerys saved millions of innocent lives. But of course, you Targ worshippers believe that mad bastard's life was above all those in KL. Fire and Blood indeed. 

Totally justified? Bad choice of words. 

9 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. 

Under Siege 2

Jaime 'slewing' poor Aerys saved millions of innocent lives. But of course, you Targ worshippers believe that mad bastard's life was above all those in KL. Fire and Blood indeed. 

Totally justified? Bad choice of words. 

Quite the hypocritical statement for someone who always makes assumptions of what Dany fan believe. so thank you for that.

and right on cue you do it again.

Archived