Is Daenerys justified in wiping out House Lannister/Baratheon since they tried to do the same to House Targaryen?

Mario Seddy

11 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Quite the hypocritical statement for someone who always makes assumptions of what Dany fan believe. so thank you for that.

and right on cue you do it again.

I don't assume, I know. Take it as an arrogant statement if you want, but some posts are worded in ways unacceptable. Don't make me quote them or point names. I wouldn't in any case.

And I don't 'assume' always about all Dany fans (even I'm one myself, if you consider liking someone to be fanship), just extremely biased 'worshippers'.

On 10/31/2020 at 8:32 AM, Mario Seddy said:

Is daenerys justified in seeking revenge against houses Lannister/ Baratheon for how brutally they killed her good sister, niece and nephew. And how they would've killed any targaryen they could have got their hands on? 

Revenge doesn't seem to be a thing GRRM much approves of.

If Dany goes the revenge way, she's doomed.

Also applies to LSH/Arya/Manderly/Doran/Dorne etc. revenge. Revenge is NOT a good thing. It consumes the revenger, results in a dark and bloody circle, leaves you feeling empty. Won't anybody listen to Ellaria Sand!

• 2 weeks later...

Two wrongs don’t make a right.  Tywin Lannister, Ser Gregor Clegane, Ser Amory Lorch are all dead.  So is Robert Baratheon.  Dany would have been justified in executing any of them, for crimes against her family.

Killing Tommen, Myrcella, Lancel, Joy Hill etc. in revenge would be a vile deed.

None of Cersei, Jaime, or Stannis would deserve death for their actions in the rebellion, but killing them would be fair if they fought her.

13 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Jaime

Id be suprised if she does not kill him.

Justified by which justice? Biblical? Worlds of Ice and Fire? Modern - Western? Be careful Dany, they may drag you to Hague!

Question is if it makes sense. Would their existence pose any threat to her rule?

9 minutes ago, broken one said:

Id be suprised if she does not kill him.

Justified by which justice? Biblical? Worlds of Ice and Fire? Modern - Western? Be careful Dany, they may drag you to Hague!

Question is if it makes sense. Would their existence pose any threat to her rule?

Justified in my eyes.  To me, killing the entire Lannister bloodline, even for reasons of expediency, would be wrong.  In the same way that killing Elia and her children was wrong.

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2020 at 2:32 AM, Mario Seddy said:

Is daenerys justified in seeking revenge against houses Lannister/ Baratheon for how brutally they killed her good sister, niece and nephew. And how they would've killed any targaryen they could have got their hands on? 

War has its own rules , because if it about revenge you kill ALL the Usurper's Dogs that includes the Starks , the Tullys  and the Arryns . But to be the king or queen . You must kill the king including all claimants to the throne that include all Baratheon and Lannister, Sorry Tommen and Shireen .

Robert was on the Throne for 16 years and he never attacked, until the point when the Targaryens were planning to attack him and even then he cancelled the order. Stannis and Renly have done nothing to them.

Tywin should die but Jaime should have been awarded and nothing should happen to either Cersei or Tyrion.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand her wanting Robert,Tywin,Jamie,Jon Arryn and Ned dead (although I think she may change her view about the last one) but any other characters whom she will murder in retribution for that rebellion would be bad (in my eyes).
Heck,if she accepts that her father was a mad man and a horrible king,she may even pardon Jamie.

11 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

Heck,if she accepts that her father was a mad man and a horrible king,she may even pardon Jamie.

I was thinking about it and imho such pardon would be too odd for anyone in the world to understand. The murderer of your father, the legitimate king! The wall is the most merciful option I can think of.

18 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

I understand her wanting Robert,Tywin,Jamie,Jon Arryn and Ned dead (although I think she may change her view about the last one) but any other characters whom she will murder in retribution for that rebellion would be bad (in my eyes).

Jaime would very much be a borderline case.  Yes, he ought to be pardoned for that deed, but he may well be condemned for failing to protect Elia and the children.  Being sent to the Wall would probably be the fairest option.

2 minutes ago, broken one said:

I was thinking about it and imho such pardon would be too odd for anyone in the world to understand. The murderer of your father, the legitimate king! The wall is the most merciful option I can think of.

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

Jaime would very much be a borderline case.  Yes, he ought to be pardoned for that deed, but he may well be condemned for failing to protect Elia and the children.  

I agree that The Wall would be another option.What made me think of the pardon is if Daenerys will understand Jamie's situation.If it will be the case I think she will sympathize with King's Landing folk,saved by him.

You know what this got me thinking off? A lot of people think that Danny's conquest will end with her going 'aha, I was a Hitler all along, see?' and killing everyone. I think and hope George is smarter than that. But why can happen is Dany doing all this awful things to characters we like, and it not being because she's mad or evil, but because the system they have (and war) are both mad and evil, so, for example, killing Jaime. It would almost be a necessity for her to do that, it would also be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

You know what this got me thinking off? A lot of people think that Danny's conquest will end with her going 'aha, I was a Hitler all along, see?' and killing everyone. I think and hope George is smarter than that. But why can happen is Dany doing all this awful things to characters we like, and it not being because she's mad or evil, but because the system they have (and war) are both mad and evil, so, for example, killing Jaime. It would almost be a necessity for her to do that, it would also be wrong. 

I honestly don't think George will pull that crap that the show did with her.I agree that she may end in conflict with other characters we love but I really want them to get along.I mean it's not far fetched to think that she will get why the rebellion happened.She accepted that Viserys told her a lot of crap and that he was a fool.Yes,it won't be easy for her but it's not impossible.Also,I don't see her wanting the throne especially for her.She wants it for her house and she thinks she is the last Targaryen.Maybe she will be happy to find out that she is not alone in the world and she will be willing to help Aegon.Heck,she wants to have someone to share the dragons with.A different thing is if she will have Tyrion's advice and if he will persuade her not to trust Varys or if we will ever find out if Aegon is a real Targaryen or not and if Dany will find out too.

5 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

YoA lot of people think that Danny's conquest will end with her going 'aha, I was a Hitler all along, see?' and killing everyone.

Far from the Hitler thingie. As you pointed out, this is how it works. You are expected to get rid of the person / punish the person, your mercy may turn against you. You put the heavy crown on your head and are not the amiable person anymore. In case of Jaime it would be enough just not to listen / give any credit to his incredible explanations  - provided he wants to explain anything at all, Id rather expect him to behave cocky as always. So I think if she gets him he is probably dead.

11 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

I agree that she may end in conflict with other characters we love but I really want them to get along.

Same. I fantasize that Dany could just "overlook" the one handed dude accompanied by big woman in armour, wandering the realm.

8 minutes ago, broken one said:
37 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

YoA lot of people think that Danny's conquest will end with her going 'aha, I was a Hitler all along, see?' and killing everyone.

Far from the Hitler thingie. As you pointed out, this is how it works. You are expected to get rid of the person / punish the person, your mercy may turn against you. You put the heavy crown on your head and are not the amiable person anymore. In case of Jaime it would be enough just not to listen / give any credit to his incredible explanations  - provided he wants to explain anything at all, Id rather expect him to behave cocky as always. So I think if she gets him he is probably dead.

27 minutes ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

I agree that she may end in conflict with other characters we love but I really want them to get along.

Same. I fantasize that Dany could just "overlook" the one handed dude accompanied by big woman in armour, wandering the realm.

As I agree that not everything will be sunshine and rainbows,I expect her to have enough cleverness to listen to what Barristan has to say about her father,both good and bad,before reaching Westeros and taking measures against those who usurped the throne.And as she showed many times having empathy and being merciful I definitely see Jaime at The Wall.As to Brienne,I don't know what problem she will have against her.

1 hour ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

Maybe she will be happy to find out that she is not alone in the world and she will be willing to help Aegon.Heck,she wants to have someone to share the dragons with.

Speaking of which : what if after she finds out about both Jon and Aegon being Targaryens (or possibly be it) she decides to give them Rhaegal and Viserion thinking "If they can ride them,they can have them." with the possibility of Aegon not passing the test?
And of course,she will have to have some trust in them.

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

This.  People you sympathise with can come into conflict with each other, without either one of them being Hitler. That's just the nature of politics.

Archived