Is Daenerys justified in wiping out House Lannister/Baratheon since they tried to do the same to House Targaryen?

Mario Seddy

4 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Beside that you have no qualms about people gloating over the death of an unborn baby,the fact that she told Dany to not enter the tent does not prove she did not intended to use him as a sacrifice giving the fact that she enters in labour immediately as Mirri starts the ritual.

There is no proof that she was intended to use him as a sacrifice either. It's not like everything was calm and quiet until MMD started the ritual.

7 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

I showed you quotes that prove that someone's death was intended,plus Martin's notes that you refuse to aknowledge.

I refuse to acknowledge anything that is an interpretation of author's words. The app is just this, an interpretation written down by fans same as Wikipedia.

20 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

She was gloating over Rhaego's death, and she was right to do so. But she never admitted anything. She had told that Dany shouldn't enter the tend, she did and Rhaego died. 

Say that again? Mirri Maz Duur was correct to gloat over killing Dany's baby? What planet are you on that you think that it's right to kill a baby (I apologize I sound like a little shit right now, I'm simply shocked) in his mother's womb? He hasn't committed any crimes. 

Just now, Jaenara Belarys said:

Say that again? Mirri Maz Duur was correct to gloat over killing Dany's baby? What planet are you on that you think that it's right to kill a baby (I apologize I sound like a little shit right now, I'm simply shocked) in his mother's womb? He hasn't committed any crimes. 

She has no reason to be sad for Rhaego's death. 

Just now, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

She has no reason to be sad for Rhaego's death. 

I agree, but she was right to gloat over Dany's dead baby? That's some fucked up shit right there, if you'll pardon my French. Killing a little child is not a mark of an excellent person. 

2 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

There is no proof that she was intended to use him as a sacrifice either. It's not like everything was calm and quiet until MMD started the ritual.

I refuse to acknowledge anything that is an interpretation of author's words. The app is just this, an interpretation written down by fans same as Wikipedia.

The proof is her tricking Daenerys to think that first the stallion and the a life must be used as sacrifice.She does not tell her which life and the line "No," she wept, "no, please, stop it, it's too high, the price is too high."  is pretty indicative.Now,if you are wilfully blind to this and her response to Dany when she is confronted after Rhaego's death there is nothing I can do about it  and as I said the app is made with Martin's input,the author.You know,the dude that wrote the books.

7 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I agree, but she was right to gloat over Dany's dead baby? That's some fucked up shit right there, if you'll pardon my French. Killing a little child is not a mark of an excellent person. 

I never said that she killed him. He died and she was happy about it. Awful? Sure. But after how her life was destroyed by his parents, it's understandable.

6 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

The proof is her tricking Daenerys to think that first the stallion and the a life must be used as sacrifice.She does not tell her which life and the line "No," she wept, "no, please, stop it, it's too high, the price is too high."  is pretty indicative.Now,if you are wilfully blind to this and her response to Dany when she is confronted after Rhaego's death there is nothing I can do about it  and as I said the app is made with Martin's input,the author.You know,the dude that wrote the books.

If Dany was stupid enough to not ask for more information that isn't MMD's fault. 

The app isn't either the books or an interview. The app is what the fans think based on the author's books.

I never said that she killed him. He died and she was happy about it. Awful? Sure. But after how her life was destroyed by his parents, it's understandable.

8 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Understandable for you, but not for me. Solution: Let's simply agree to disagree on this topic. :) 

1 minute ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

If Dany was stupid enough to not ask for more information that isn't MMD's fault. 

Oh,so it's her fault for not asking more instead of Mirri's,who tricked a desperate 14 year child bride into thinking she could bring her husband back and killing her son in the womb in the proces.Got it.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Understandable for you, but not for me. Solution: Let's simply agree to disagree on this topic. :) 

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Oh,so it's her fault for not asking more instead of Mirri's,who tricked a desperate 14 year child bride into thinking she could bring her husband back and killing her son in the womb in the proces.Got it.:lol:

If someone tells you that there is a price to pay for something that you buy and you don't ask for the price then yes it's your fault.

If someone tells you that there is a price to pay for something that you buy and you don't ask for the price then yes it's your fault.

"It is not a matter of gold or horses. This is bloodmagic, lady. Only death may pay for life."
"Death?" Dany wrapped her arms around herself protectively, rocked back and forth on her heels. "My death?" She told herself she would die for him, if she must. She was the blood of the dragon, she would not be afraid. Her brother Rhaegar had died for the woman he loved.
"No," Mirri Maz Duur promised. "Not your death, Khaleesi."
Dany trembled with relief. "Do it."
The maegi nodded solemnly. "As you speak, so it shall be done. Call your servants."

"A Game of Thrones" - Daenerys VIII

She asks and Mirri is vague.The fact that she does not asks for Rhaego's life is because she can't imagine paying such a price.

1 minute ago, Oana_Mika said:

She asks and Mirri is vague.The fact that she does not asks for Rhaego's life is because she can't imagine paying such a price.

Then she is stupid. The fact that she cannot imagine isn't an excuse. If MMD had killed Rhaego while Dany could had stopped it but she didn't because she hadn't imagine that he would be the price, since she never asked, then she is more stupid than I originally believedher to be.

4 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Then she is stupid. The fact that she cannot imagine isn't an excuse. If MMD had killed Rhaego while Dany could had stopped it but she didn't because she hadn't imagine that he would be the price, since she never asked, then she is more stupid than I originally believedher to be.

If you wish to call a 14 year bride child,who is desperate to save her husband,the khal,because otherwise the dothrakis would kill her baby,stupid for not asking a lot of questions then ok.It's your stance,not mine.

1 minute ago, Oana_Mika said:

If you wish to call a 14 year bride child,who is desperate to save her husband,the khal,because otherwise the dothrakis would kill her baby,stupid for not asking a lot of questions then ok.It's your stance,not mine.

I would call everyone who isn't asking for informations while agreeing to do something, stupid. 

I would call everyone who isn't asking for informations while agreeing to do something, stupid. 

She asked for information.Did you blind your eyes while reading quotes?You are simply blaming her for not imagining that Rhaego will be the sacrifice and not bluntly ask Mirri : "Will you kill my son for your ritual?"

3 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

She asked for information.Did you blind your eyes while reading quotes?You are simply blaming her for not imagining that Rhaego will be the sacrifice and not bluntly ask Mirri: "Will you kill my son for your ritual?"

She was relieved when she learned that it wasn't her life that was paying for Drogo's life. She never cared about who's life will be used.

3 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

She was relieve when she learn that it wasn't her life that was paying for Drogo's life. She never care about who's life will be used.

Would't you be relieved to know that you won't have to sacrifice yourself?She had no idea what Mirri intended to use as a sacrifice.It's clear that Mirri gave her very vague answers.

Also,Martin said about his key 5 (from whom Daenerys takes part) were all put into situations they had to be smart and think their way out of so she is not as dumb as you think or as you like to see her.

2 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Would't you be relieved to know that you won't have to sacrifice yourself?She had no idea what Mirri intended to use as a sacrifice.It's clear that Mirri gave her very vague answers.

No sorry. I wouldn't be relieved. I would like to learn which innocent person has to die for my husband. If she was ok with innocents dying for Drogo she should be fine with her dying as well.

4 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Also,Martin said about his key 5 (from whom Daenerys takes part) were all put into situations they had to be smart and think their way out of so she is not as dumb as you think or as you like to see her.

My opinion is that she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

2 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

No sorry. I wouldn't be relieved. I would like to learn which innocent person has to die for my husband. If she was ok with innocents dying for Drogo she should be fine with her dying as well.

Yeah,I'm sure you would be more concerned about someone else's life than your own child's.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

My opinion is that she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

That's just your opinion.I remember tons of moment where she has to think her way out and she succeeds.

Archived