Jump to content

Is Daenerys justified in wiping out House Lannister/Baratheon since they tried to do the same to House Targaryen?


Mario Seddy
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

It would be unrealistic to suppose that no innocents were killed at Astapor in the Plaza of Pride.  But, many times the number of innocents were liberated.

Well,I highly doubt that Unsullied wage havoc amongst children because they did not estimated well their age when their command was to no harm.I think it's more plausible that if they saw a kid they simply leave him alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

Not every child look exactly their age.

So???They simply killed every child so they won't let anyone over 12 to live?

 

2 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

I would like to remind you that we are talking about a Medieval society.

And I think even in Medieval societies,taverns were more likely to have young women working there,for the people who came by than kids.

Edited by Oana_Mika
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

She does not believe in blood superiority.She only believes in birthright,like everyone in this serie,including the Starks,who also wage war in the name of their family.

The Targaryen claim to power was always doused with blood superiority, Valiryans always saw themselves as superior, and Dany's story follows that too 'blood of the dragon', she and a lot of people around her think she's special because of her blood.

Everyone in the series believes in birthright, yes, but they also believe in right of conquest. Dany has no claim to the IT based on blood, her dynasty was ended by Robert's Rebelion, the only one who has a claim through blood is Stannis, and he would be a shit king. 

The Starks waged war for the sake of Ned, which was debatable, and then for their freedom, which is the oposite of conquest. In the future someone would wage war for conquest in the name of the Starks, yes, but this is mostly due to the fact that the Boltons are shit rulers and the Starks were not, if the Boltons were better rulers than the Starks there would be less support for the Stark cause. There is no support for the Targaryen cause, except for Dorne, which I don't buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I would say that her work in Essos is vastly more important than winning the Iron Throne

I couldn't possibly agree more.

 

Quote

- save for the existential threat from the North, which Marwyn and the Red Clergy will no doubt raise with her.  

this is saving the world tho, she can do it without the throne, and is separate from the conquest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CamiloRP said:

The Targaryen claim to power was always doused with blood superiority, Valiryans always saw themselves as superior, and Dany's story follows that too 'blood of the dragon', she and a lot of people around her think she's special because of her blood.

Show me where SHE believes she's special because of her blood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CamiloRP said:

The Targaryen claim to power was always doused with blood superiority, Valiryans always saw themselves as superior, and Dany's story follows that too 'blood of the dragon', she and a lot of people around her think she's special because of her blood.

Everyone in the series believes in birthright, yes, but they also believe in right of conquest. Dany has no claim to the IT based on blood, her dynasty was ended by Robert's Rebelion, the only one who has a claim through blood is Stannis, and he would be a shit king. 

The Starks waged war for the sake of Ned, which was debatable, and then for their freedom, which is the oposite of conquest. In the future someone would wage war for conquest in the name of the Starks, yes, but this is mostly due to the fact that the Boltons are shit rulers and the Starks were not, if the Boltons were better rulers than the Starks there would be less support for the Stark cause. There is no support for the Targaryen cause, except for Dorne, which I don't buy.

It's a concept of freedom that is very aristocratic.  I doubt if it makes the slightest difference to the average peasant, whether the North and Riverlands form a separate kingdom or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

So???They simply killed every child so they won't let anyone over 12 to live?

That was their order.

5 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

And I think even in Medieval societies,taverns were more likely to have young women working there,for the people who came by than kids.

In Medieval societies everyone were working. Especially in the family business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

It's a concept of freedom that is very aristocratic.  I doubt if it makes the slightest difference to the average peasant, whether the North and Riverlands form a separate kingdom or not.

yeah, absolutely, that's why I only think it's slightly better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Show me where SHE believes she's special because of her blood.

The line must be kept pure, Viserys had told her a thousand times; theirs was the kingsblood, the golden blood of old Valyria, the blood of the dragon. Dragons did not mate with the beasts of the field, and Targaryens did not mingle their blood with that of lesser men. Yet now Viserys schemed to sell her to a stranger, a barbarian.

 

So she sat in her wedding silks, nursing a cup of honeyed wine, afraid to eat, talking silently to herself. I am blood of the dragon, she told herself. I am Daenerys Stormborn, Princess of Dragonstone, of the blood and seed of Aegon the Conqueror.

 

 

I am the blood of the dragon, she told herself again.
 
 
"I am the blood of the dragon," she whispered aloud as she followed, trying to keep her courage up. "I am the blood of the dragon. I am the blood of the dragon." The dragon was never afraid.
 
 
They were both blood of the dragon.
 
 
"You are the dragon," Dany whispered to him, "the true dragon. I know it. I know it." And she smiled, and went to sleep dreaming of home.
 
 
 I am the blood of the dragon, she told herself as she took the stallion's heart in both hands, lifted it to her mouth, and plunged her teeth into the tough, stringy flesh.
 
 
If I were not the blood of the dragon, she thought wistfully, this could be my home.
 
 
Dany stroked the swell of her belly gently, wishing she could reach him, touch him, soothe him. "You are the blood of the dragon, little one," she whispered as her litter swayed along, curtains drawn tight. "You are the blood of the dragon, and the dragon does not fear."
 
 
I am the blood of the dragon, Daenerys Targaryen reminded herself as she turned her face away. She pressed her lips together and hardened her heart and rode on toward the gate.
 
 
"I am khaleesi, heir to the Seven Kingdoms, the blood of the dragon," Dany reminded him. "It is not for you to tell me what I cannot do." 
 
 
Dany felt a tightness inside her. "Before I was khaleesi, I was the blood of the dragon. Ser Jorah, summon my khas."
 
 
"Do it," Dany blurted. She must not be afraid; she was the blood of the dragon. "Save him."
 
 
"Death?" Dany wrapped her arms around herself protectively, rocked back and forth on her heels. "My death?" She told herself she would die for him, if she must. She was the blood of the dragon, she would not be afraid. Her brother Rhaegar had died for the woman he loved.
 
 
She lifted her head. "And I am Daenerys Stormborn, Daenerys of House Targaryen, of the blood of Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel and old Valyria before them. I am the dragon's daughter, and I swear to you, these men will die screaming. Now bring me to Khal Drogo."
 
 
"Viserys is dead. I am his heir, the last blood of House Targaryen. Whatever was his is mine now."
 
 
The heat beat at the air with great red wings, driving the Dothraki back, driving off even Mormont, but Dany stood her ground. She was the blood of the dragon, and the fire was in her.
 
 
And that's just for AGOT, you are free to use A Search Of Ice And Fire to see way more examples, and yes, I know in the first example she's quoting Viserys, but that's how she was raised, and how she thinks, as I believ I showed.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

And giving the fact that they didn't know anyone's age I find it more plausible that they simply spare the children.

And giving the fact that they have been trained to have no feeling and no empathy and they were killing newborns in front of their mothers it's much more plausible that they killed everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

The line must be kept pure, Viserys had told her a thousand times; theirs was the kingsblood, the golden blood of old Valyria, the blood of the dragon. Dragons did not mate with the beasts of the field, and Targaryens did not mingle their blood with that of lesser men. Yet now Viserys schemed to sell her to a stranger, a barbarian.

Viserys had told her

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

So she sat in her wedding silks, nursing a cup of honeyed wine, afraid to eat, talking silently to herself. I am blood of the dragon, she told herself. I am Daenerys Stormborn, Princess of Dragonstone, of the blood and seed of Aegon the Conqueror.

 

 

I am the blood of the dragon, she told herself again.
 
 
"I am the blood of the dragon," she whispered aloud as she followed, trying to keep her courage up. "I am the blood of the dragon. I am the blood of the dragon." The dragon was never afraid.
 
 
They were both blood of the dragon.
 
 
"You are the dragon," Dany whispered to him, "the true dragon. I know it. I know it." And she smiled, and went to sleep dreaming of home.
 
 
 I am the blood of the dragon, she told herself as she took the stallion's heart in both hands, lifted it to her mouth, and plunged her teeth into the tough, stringy flesh.
 

This is she giving herself courage,like the Starks when they think they are the blood of Winterfell or have woolf's blood.

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

If I were not the blood of the dragon, she thought wistfully, this could be my home.

This is her reminding herself that she is the last Targaryen and that is her duity to restore her house name and do right by it.It has nothing to do with blood superiority.

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

I am the blood of the dragon, Daenerys Targaryen reminded herself as she turned her face away. She pressed her lips together and hardened her heart and rode on toward the gate.

This is her trying to harden her heart and giving herself strenght to endure what she sees : the suffering of the Lamb men and we see immediately later that she can't.Again,it has nothing to do with blood superiority.

 

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

"I am khaleesi, heir to the Seven Kingdoms, the blood of the dragon," Dany reminded him. "It is not for you to tell me what I cannot do." 

This is her claiming power through her name and heritage in order to stop the rape of the Lhazarren women.

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

Dany felt a tightness inside her. "Before I was khaleesi, I was the blood of the dragon. Ser Jorah, summon my khas."

This is her reminding Qotho that she is not nothing.This lines come immediately before the one you quoted: "Only while the blood-of-my-blood still lives," Qotho told the knight. "When he dies, she is nothing." and she was fighting him to not harm Mirri.
 

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

"Do it," Dany blurted. She must not be afraid; she was the blood of the dragon. "Save him."

This is her giving herself courage.

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

"Death?" Dany wrapped her arms around herself protectively, rocked back and forth on her heels. "My death?" She told herself she would die for him, if she must. She was the blood of the dragon, she would not be afraid. Her brother Rhaegar had died for the woman he loved.

She gives herself courage.Again,this is not believing in blood superiority.
 

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

She lifted her head. "And I am Daenerys Stormborn, Daenerys of House Targaryen, of the blood of Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel and old Valyria before them. I am the dragon's daughter, and I swear to you, these men will die screaming. Now bring me to Khal Drogo."

This is to show that indeed she can avenge Eroeh and punish those who hurt her.That she is not nothing.Again,where is the blood superiority here?

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

"Viserys is dead. I am his heir, the last blood of House Targaryen. Whatever was his is mine now."

This is her demanding Jorah to treat her as the heir she is.Demanding respect is not a sign of blood superiority.
 

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

The heat beat at the air with great red wings, driving the Dothraki back, driving off even Mormont, but Dany stood her ground. She was the blood of the dragon, and the fire was in her.

Again,this is her giving herself courage.

 

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

And that's just for AGOT, you are free to use A Search Of Ice And Fire to see way more examples, and yes, I know in the first example she's quoting Viserys, but that's how she was raised, and how she thinks, as I believ I showed.

All that you showed me is her using the "blood of the dragon" and her heritage as something to draw strenght from and to show others that she is worthy of respect,that she is not nothing.This does not show at all that she is someone who believes in blood superiority.

Edited by Oana_Mika
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

The blood of Winterfell? 

When the dreams took him, he found himself back home once more, splashing in the hot pools beneath a huge white weirwood that had his father's face. Ygritte was with him, laughing at him, shedding her skins till she was naked as her name day, trying to kiss him, but he couldn't, not with his father watching. He was the blood of Winterfell, a man of the Night's Watch. I will not father a bastard, he told her. I will not. I will not. "You know nothing, Jon Snow," she whispered, her skin dissolving in the hot water, the flesh beneath sloughing off her bones until only skull and skeleton remained, and the pool bubbled thick and red. A Storm of Swords - Jon VI

I am not your daughter, she thought. I am Sansa Stark, Lord Eddard's daughter and Lady Catelyn's, the blood of Winterfell. She did not say it, though. If not for Petyr Baelish it would have been Sansa who went spinning through a cold blue sky to stony death six hundred feet below, instead of Lysa Arryn. He is so bold. Sansa wished she had his courage. She wanted to crawl back into bed and hide beneath her blanket, to sleep and sleep. She had not slept a whole night through since Lysa Arryn's death. "Couldn't you tell Lord Nestor that I am . . . indisposed, or . . ." A Feast for Crows - Sansa I

"After your brother took off Lord Rickard's head. Arnolf was a thousand leagues away. He has Stark blood in him. The blood of Winterfell." A Dance with Dragons - Jon IV

And that's without quoting others saying this about the Stark children.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

When the dreams took him, he found himself back home once more, splashing in the hot pools beneath a huge white weirwood that had his father's face. Ygritte was with him, laughing at him, shedding her skins till she was naked as her name day, trying to kiss him, but he couldn't, not with his father watching. He was the blood of Winterfell, a man of the Night's Watch. I will not father a bastard, he told her. I will not. I will not. "You know nothing, Jon Snow," she whispered, her skin dissolving in the hot water, the flesh beneath sloughing off her bones until only skull and skeleton remained, and the pool bubbled thick and red. A Storm of Swords - Jon VI

I am not your daughter, she thought. I am Sansa Stark, Lord Eddard's daughter and Lady Catelyn's, the blood of Winterfell. She did not say it, though. If not for Petyr Baelish it would have been Sansa who went spinning through a cold blue sky to stony death six hundred feet below, instead of Lysa Arryn. He is so bold. Sansa wished she had his courage. She wanted to crawl back into bed and hide beneath her blanket, to sleep and sleep. She had not slept a whole night through since Lysa Arryn's death. "Couldn't you tell Lord Nestor that I am . . . indisposed, or . . ." A Feast for Crows - Sansa I

"After your brother took off Lord Rickard's head. Arnolf was a thousand leagues away. He has Stark blood in him. The blood of Winterfell." A Dance with Dragons - Jon IV

And that's without quoting others saying this about the Stark children.

Cool! I couldn't remember those!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...