US Politics - under the spell of The Count

Lykos

Just now, Mindwalker said:

While I agree with the post, please no perjorative terms like these!! My nerves are frayed enough.

Also, thank the Goddess for the ignore function.

My apologies, I didn't mean to cast aspersion on the whole continent, just applying a geographic note to the description of that poster's behavior. Some of my best friends are European. ;)

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

My apologies, I didn't mean to cast aspersion on the whole continent, just applying a geographic note to the description of that poster's behavior. Some of my best friends are European. ;)

Heh. Thanks! <3

I have a very bad feeling. (Which doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, of course.)

Are there any statistics about heightened rates of heart attacks on election nights?!

1 minute ago, Makk said:

This is going a lot worse than I was hoping, more like what I was fearing. It's all going to come down to Pennsylvania and be really close there. Struggling to understand the mentality.

Lots of racists, lots of low information voters, and people doubling down on their mistakes. Also, my new pet theory- republicans almost never have a candidate they actually love. They're dutiful but usually not passionate. Trump gives a lot of them passion, and that means those turnout numbers that are usually a good sign for dems are actually bad. 

1 minute ago, Killjoybear said:

Lots of racists, lots of low information voters, and people doubling down on their mistakes. Also, my new pet theory- republicans almost never have a candidate they actually love. They're dutiful but usually not passionate. Trump gives a lot of them passion, and that means those turnout numbers that are usually a good sign for dems are actually bad. 

yup.

And again, fuck polls. Remember this shit 4 years from now, ffs

Young voters in Midwest are swinging toward Biden, early exit polls show

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-results-and-news-11-03-20/h_fa7de48ad2bcc05933139d3131eca7a7

Voters under 30 years old across the Midwest are swinging toward Joe Biden, according to preliminary exit polling. 

Biden earned support from around 6 in 10 voters under 30 years old in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump earned support from about 1 in 3 voters under 30 years old, the early exit polls show.

Hillary Clinton won young voters in all three states by single digits in 2016, while Biden currently leads by significantly more than that.

White voters with a college degree are also shifting slightly toward Biden, according to the early exit polls. Biden captured a double-digit lead with the group in Michigan and Pennsylvania; Clinton didn’t win this group in either state in 2016.

5 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

They hate us. Trump makes them feel good about it. When has the right actually voted much in support of anything?

Own the Libs. That's where it begins and ends.

24 minutes ago, Disturber of Peace said:

Yep. I definately am not a victim. 

Not being sarcastic now. 

I did not really come to troll. I just kept linking projections and facts. 

I did say I find it funny reading a hard left subforum in moments of panic which is also objectively true. 

This place is not far left. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

Good luck usefully dissecting love, but you're probably right that it is love.

There's a scene in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Tender is the Night that I've frequently dwelt on; interwar tourists are visiting a WWI battlefield, and a character in response to his companions' stupefaction at it goes on a rant how this was a "love battle", fueled by postcards home, Christmas presents... and it stuck with me. Hate isn't strong enough to get you out of the ditch at the Somme, that takes love. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

They hate us. Trump makes them feel good about it. When has the right actually voted much in support of anything?

Own the Libs. That's where it begins and ends.

Kinda makes sense. Media is dominated by people dunking left and right on them. People making fun of their supporters and whatnot. At some point you just lean into it and decide to back people who hit back. 

But as always elections aren't about policy or good governance - they're first and foremost about feelings. And Trump makes a lot of people angry and that in turn makes them happy. Its exactly like @Disturber of Peace - they get off on it and are not apologetic. 

Still, long way to go. I'm amused that so far it has gone almost precisely like my recent predictions. 

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

When is AZ going to have results?

Probably very quickly, as soon or sooner than Florida. Final results may be a while but you should have enough idea to see how it's going when the polls close. 

Archived