US Politics - Poll Position

Relic

1 minute ago, S John said:

Hope so, I thought it was pretty obvious that the lawsuit involving PA the Trump campaign trotted out this afternoon was their contingency plan for a close election and one that assumes whoever won PA would win the election. It’s great that Biden can win without PA, makes the at feel a bit of a miscalculation in their part though it was definitely the best educated guess available. Would be great if Georgia joined the party and made the PA shit show double-moot.

Yea, I agree. It won't be that close in PA though when this is all done so Trump can do what he wants but he's not going to win.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Damn right we do. Finally makes watching football fun again, even if we're not winning. Dude has 5 plays a game that are just "Andy Dalton could never do that".

I mean, Dalton is suffering from a concussion and COVID at the same time. At least let the likes of @Jace, Basilissa and @Joe Pesci savage him. 

13 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Biden is going to win GA and PA.

Hopefully. But I won't breathe easy until a call is made (and if it's GA I still won't until NV is too or more networks call AZ).

The math on PA does seem good though, hopefully GA can pull it out as well.

Just now, Fez said:

Hopefully. But I won't breathe easy until a call is made (and if it's GA I still won't until NV is too or more networks call AZ).

Oh for sure. I'm still a ball of anxiety but I do feel pretty good about what I'm seeing. Maricopa drop in a few minutes will be a big indicator on AZ.

Just now, Fez said:

It's a close election I don't think anyone Trump supporter or no should feel comfortable with right now.

Just now, Mexal said:

I think it's ok. The Maricopa was favorable to Trump but just below about the average he needs. So we shall see. 

But was that all of Maricopa or is there more left? I've no idea.

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

But was that all of Maricopa or is there more left? I've no idea.

Oh there are more. It was about 75k out of around 400k. But he needs 60%+ on the rest of these to overtake Biden and with the first batch, he's just short. So we'll see, still up in the air but he needs a bigger gain in the next tranches. 

Also, news out of NV, at least speculation, is positive for Biden. Seems the votes left are early mail in ballots which favor Biden more. All in person drop off and election day votes have been voted.

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I think it's ok. The Maricopa was favorable to Trump but just below about the average he needs. So we shall see. 

That's what I'm seeing too, but it looks razor thin.  By my calcs, Trump needs to win 61% of the remaining 4vote to take the lead, and he won 59% of a drop that was 79k votes.  So now Trump needs to win ~ 62% of the remaining votes.  But knowing that these are approximate calcs, there's no guarantee that he won't exceed that margin.  The next batch of votes could be very different, we don't know.

I feel more stressed about this than I did before.  Not panicking (particularly with PA and GA as backup plans), but not nearly as safe as I'd like for something so important. 

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Oh there are more. It was about 75k out of around 400k. But he needs 60%+ on the rest of these to overtake Biden and with the first batch, he's just short. So we'll see, still up in the air but he needs a bigger gain in the next tranches. 

Hopefully he gets less the next batches.

Ah may have just jinxed it myself.

Just now, Maithanet said:

That's what I'm seeing too, but it looks razor thin.  By my calcs, Trump needs to win 61% of the remaining 4vote to take the lead, and he won 59% of a drop that was 79k votes.  So now Trump needs to win ~ 62% of the remaining votes.  But knowing that these are approximate calcs, and there's no guarantee that he won't exceed that margin.

I feel more stressed about this than I did before.  Not panicking (particularly with PA and GA as backup plans), but not nearly as safe as I'd like for something so important. 

Yeah. I cannot see myself celebrating until the night’s over.

It's been amusing to see on the Guardian website the margin between Trump and Biden go down, but the number of votes left to count stay about the same. Even a sane and rational Republican would give that a sideways look and think there might be something dodgy going on there.

From before the election Trump has been priming the electorate to not believe any change in result that comes in after election night. The well of a Biden victory has been well and truly poisoned to the extent that it is not only impossible for those waters to be used to heal any division, but the toxicity of it may only make it worse.

It floors me (it shouldn't but somehow it still does every once in a while) that there are systems in place to suppress votes and now we have 'Patriots' out there trying to impede legally cast votes. 

Like, throughout the entire process of becoming a citizen it was emphasized, repeatedly, that an American's two civic duties and responsibilities are jury duty and VOTING. 

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Nope but he might be fined for contempt.

I'd think it arguable that once those votes were in the POs possession, withholding [as seems to be the case, but not sure, more possibly delaying] would be election tampering, which is a *federal crime, no?

Board lawyers want to chime in here?

*if so, wait until Trump is out of office before charging so he can't pardon Dejoy

Archived