US Politics - Poll Position

Relic

3 hours ago, Ran said:

Someone is scraping battleground data from the NYT and it's really useful to seeing the state of things and the direction things are moving. Pennsylvania is looking very good. Georgia is tight. Arizona is tight. Nevada makes me feel a bit queasy, but I've gotten the sense that Ralston is also now more uncertain than he was because of the unusual dynamics of this race.

Entry in Pennsylvania, 2020-11-05 02:26 - technically, what would cause 104 percent of the new votes for B and -4 for T? A mistaken entry, previously?

4 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

Entry in Pennsylvania, 2020-11-05 02:26 - technically, what would cause 104 percent of the new votes for B and -4 for T? A mistaken entry, previously?

I'm guessing there was an error, yes. Or it may have been done to correct a previous error.

5 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I'd kill for a series finale where he's in a white SUV being chased by helicopters like OJ.

I fully expect them to drag him out like Julian Assange, frothing at the mouth, a portrait of Andrew Johnson in one hand and a hamburger in the other. Or maybe that'll be Stephen Miller, the first of many to form a human shield around their beloved orange leader.

1 minute ago, Maltaran said:

Looking at the states still to be called - I assume Alaska is outstanding just because of how large it is?

Alaska doesn't even start counting absentee ballots for a couple more weeks.  The mail moves very slow in Alaska, because so much of it is done by air (which is intermittent and very expensive).  We aren't going to know if the Democrat pulled the upset in the AK senate race for weeks.  I'm not counting on it, but anything is possible.

Trump's lead is down to 18,000 in Georgia, but the Secretary of State said there were only 25,000 votes left to count, so I think he should just hold it.

Even if they split 3/1 to Biden that would leave Trump 5,500 ahead.

14 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Trump's lead is down to 18,000 in Georgia, but the Secretary of State said there were only 25,000 votes left to count, so I think he should just hold it.

Even if they split 3/1 to Biden that would leave Trump 5,500 ahead.

Wait doesn’t this just mean there just getting ready to be counted with the rest of uncounted votes?

Yeah Georgia looks out of reach. There seems to be optimism for Biden winning PA, but fucking A this is close, and PA is by no means a given right now. Wish NV and AZ would hurry the fuck up....

1 minute ago, Erik of Hazelfield said:

Does Trump need all of Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania to win or is there some combination that gives him 270 despite losing one of them?

Trump needs PA, GA and one of AZ/NV. 

1 minute ago, Erik of Hazelfield said:

Does Trump need all of Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania to win or is there some combination that gives him 270 despite losing one of them?

he can lose NV if he wins all the others

15 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Wait doesn’t this just mean there just getting ready to be counted with the rest of uncounted votes?

I'm genuinely puzzled.  But the S o S did sound as if they were getting ready to announce the result.  Georgia will have to go to a recount in any case.  

Perhaps it's a case of "Those who cast the votes count for nothing.  Those who count the votes count for everything."

2 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Yeah, I am getting ....not worried, but queasy about PA since there havent been updates in a while and I'm not sure how many votes are actually left to count......

There was some PA "expert" on CNN 30 min or so ago saying there was like 400k left to count in Philly alone...

over 6 mill votes counted so far, and 10% left to count

Everything I'm reading is that unless Trump stops the count somehow, Biden is going to win PA comfortably (probably in the 2-3 point range like Michigan).  So other than worrying about the count stopping (no reports about that happening thus far), I think it should be all right.

But we all want at least one other state for a bit of cushion.  Maybe GA, probably AZ + NV. 

I'm still not giving up on Georgia. Don't think there is a clear view on how many ballots are left. The Secretary of State said 25k but other number crunchers are saying ~50k so who knows. And I think it's not clear when they say 25k left to count, it means they've released all the results they have already counted. I think in GA, after they're counted, they run through a bi-partisan review council before results are released.

Looking at a few sources saying Trump was overwhelmingly reliant in Arizona on Maricopa County to split more heavily for him than it did. Without that, the race in Arizona comes down to Pima County, which is much more heavily Democrat. Biden looks like he might confirm Arizona, albeit with a much narrower lead than it initially looked, barring an upset in Pima and a few other smaller areas.

Some suggestions that Fox called Arizona for Biden because Murdoch wanted to piss Trump off. If so, he succeeded, as Trump apparently called and yelled incoherently down the phone at him. 

Georgia does look like a slender hold for Trump, but differing reports on how many votes left to be counted. From election officials it sounds like it's close to being called. Biden's best hope was Fulton County/Atlanta but it sounds like that's now been counted, or mostly so.

So it comes down to Nevada and Pennsylvania. Nevada only at 86% votes reported with Biden on an 8,000 vote lead. Some sites saying that most of the remaining votes are in Reno, which should trend Biden, but certainly some scope for a reversal.

In Pennsylvania the swing to Biden remains steady at a considerably higher level than he needs to take the state, with the latest votes mostly coming in from Philadelphia and surrounds (possibly Pittsburgh as well). Assuming they're actually allowed to finish counting, that's looking positive. Some even suggesting the margin could be higher than the narrow lead some were suggesting, but definitely not safe yet.

Trump's path to victory looks narrow, but all it would take is a surprise in Arizona and his legal action in Pennsylvania to succeed.

Archived