The purpose of his death

in S8 of Game of Thrones we see several characters die like Dolores Edd, Jorah Mormont, and Lyanna Mormont to name a few. But, there is one character who's death hits me hard in the old think box. Of course I'm referring to Beric Dondarrion. Easily one the best side characters in the serise, Beric dies in hodorish fashion while holding whites at bay with his body in a doorway. This leads to him getting stabbed a lot, and dieing. But of course this is nothing new to us, Beric has died six times prior, and returns with help from Thoros of Myr. Both Thoros and Beric claim that he serves a higher purpose in The Lords grand plan, but what is this plan? What does his death do other than hurt me personaly? That's why I'masking you. Why do you think the Lord of Light brought Beric back six times just to get stabbed in a doorway? Please share your thoughts down below.

• 2 weeks later...

He got dead so they could do sexy crucifixion pose, it was all style over substance in later seasons.

It is awful writing as there are so many in later seasons. Don't get me started about the  rambling "prophecy" to Arya 

“Brown eyes, green eyes, blue eyes… eyes you'll shut forever.” From Season 3 Episode 6, which was released March 31, 2013 and done previously.

When asked about their decision to have Arya kill Night King in Game of Thrones | Season 8 Episode 3 | Inside the Episode

"God , for probably three years or something we knew it was gonna be Arya who delivers that fatal blow". That season was released in April 14, 2019, which even if you give them 2 years for development,  it doesn't fit with the "prophecy" they dug up to make Arya killing Night King make sense.

Archived