US Politics - Absence of Ballots

Ran

Last thread, @Fragile Bird said:

CNN is reporting that one of the problems with the count in Nevada is the fact Nevada sent out ballots to every eligible voter in Nevada because of Covid-19, and those ballots can arrive up until Nov. 10, although they must be postmarked by Nov.3.

You may not see results from Nevada until Nov. 11, although the election should be setled by then. That seems appropriate, because you guys call Nov. 11 Armistice Day, don't you?

But that still doesn't excuse why they finished counting on election night and then have released no vote updates at all on Wednesday.  Given how important this is and potential unrest that is rising from not knowing, that decision is inexcusable.  Even notoriously slow Arizona released an update last night.  Would that have been so hard?

A prettier version of that NYT scraper. NYT has not updated with the new figure for how many outstanding ballots remain in Georgia, because Georgia's own official feed isn't updated for them to work with.

That said, for those panicking about Georgia, look at the above and see how the trend runs on these ballots: since they started watching the late vote, they've been running 76% in Biden's favor.

On top of this potential good news, Nate Cohn estimates that Pennsylvania will shift towards Biden by 2 points from provisional ballots alone, because in precincts that counted them they were coming from people who had requested an absentee ballot, decided to vote in person, and were forced to use provisional because they didn't bring the absentee ballot with them to surrender. For example, one county that went Trump by 25 points had 10,000 provisionals... which were +9 for Biden. Obviously, limited data set, but if it holds for the whole state, there's a lot of extra Biden votes. 

It would be interesting to know how things work in Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia in this respect.

Live count from the Secretary of State in Georgia, confirming 60,000 votes left to be counted and the county counts given out earlier (including Chatham this time).

Slightly amusing bit where he confirms that Chatham was left off the earlier list because they have a different counting system, which means they...temporarily forgot they existed?

1 minute ago, Relic said:

ALL posts should be counted! The last thread was closed at 381 posts, which is short of my god given right to get my thread to 400. I'm, suing you, Ran. 

Hmm, why did I see 21 pages?

Oh, I know. Yeah, there are more than 381 posts in the thread. Just ya'll can't see all of them, for reasons. :P

Just now, Ran said:

Oh, I know. Yeah, there are more than 381 posts in the thread. Just ya'll can't see all of them, for reasons. :P

Likely story!! Posts just "disappeared", right? I'm sure it had nothing to do with personal attacks, and EVERYTHING to do with YOU trying to STEAL my thread! 

56 minutes ago, Ran said:

[fans self] 

Such a tease.

5 minutes ago, Ran said:

A prettier version of that NYT scraper. NYT has not updated with the new figure for how many outstanding ballots remain in Georgia, because Georgia's own official feed isn't updated for them to work with.

That said, for those panicking about Georgia, look at the above and see how the trend runs on these ballots: since they started watching the late vote, they've been running 76% in Biden's favor.

It would be interesting to know how things work in Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia in this respect.

That same scraper gives Biden Pennsylvania and Georgia, doesn't have enough data to work with on Nevada, and gives Arizona to Trump.

I think Biden would very happily swap Arizona and Nevada's 17 votes for Pennsylvania and Georgia's 36 :)

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

That same scraper gives Biden Pennsylvania and Georgia, doesn't have enough data to work with on Nevada, and gives Arizona to Trump.

I think Biden would very happily swap Arizona and Nevada's 17 votes for Pennsylvania and Georgia's 36 :)

Indeed. It'd be nice to have all four though. We'll see in about 1.5 hours how Nevada is going.

8 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Live count from the Secretary of State in Georgia, confirming 60,000 votes left to be counted and the county counts given out earlier (including Chatham this time).

Slightly amusing bit where he confirms that Chatham was left off the earlier list because they have a different counting system, which means they...temporarily forgot they existed?

I like to think so.

2 minutes ago, Ran said:

So we should not have thought that thread had "far left" more room?

Allegheny County has some 35,000 ballots left to count, but staff are taking the day off for previously-scheduled administrative work and will resume counting on Friday. Got to love the resiliency of bureaucracy.

ETA: Okay, to be fair, there's a court order preventing them from counting the vast majority of them until Friday. 

Just now, Ran said:

Allegheny County has some 35,000 ballots left to count, but staff are taking the day off for previously-scheduled administrative work and will resume counting on Friday. Got to love the resiliency of bureaucracy.

wtf??? Is this true? How the fuck they gonna take the day off? They had ONE job...

Archived