US Politics - Absence of Ballots

Ran

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

If Biden wins Nevada, we’re done.

And Arizona.  Which at this point I'm honestly more worried about than Nevada, in spite of AZ being called by AP and Fox News. 

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Calling it so early was foolish given this race.

I agree.

But if it does manage to stay blue, AZ and NV is all Biden needs.

Luckily PA is looking good just in case Trump manages to.squeeze by in AZ.

32 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Maybe I'm underselling the importance of that Nevada vote dump.  That was from Clark (Las Vegas) where the majority of outstanding ballots are.  Biden just won them by almost 2 to 1.  If those are representative of the Clark votes generally (and they probably are), then Biden has Nevada in the bag, regardless of what the other counties report. 

But Bellwaters have taken quite a beating this election,

This one may not be different.

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Clark isn't exactly a bellweather, it's almost 70% of the statewide vote.  Washoe (Reno) is another ~18%, and then the rest of the counties are very Republican.

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

This one may not be different.

People who know more than you and I (like Ralston and Cohn) are saying you can pencil in Nevada for Biden at this point.

58 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Is this a given? I'm not so sure, not yet anyway, because you

And vote break, if the Senate goes 50/50

Still could fuck with the transition though, but honestly, so what.

When you hold it does a toad pee in your hand?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/4/1992127/-The-biggest-political-mistake-in-history-It-s-the-radio-stupid

We have another election disaster, even if Biden wins. Even if he wins McConnell will probably be back running the senate obstruction for the next two years. Democrats LOST seats in congress.

And nobody listens to the radio (unlike moi), which has been non-stop pushing this merde we're dealing with since the 1970's, and which truly ramped up with Clinton's deregulation communications law.

In those wildly red regions of the country, they do listen to the radio all time, whether in their SUV, the cab of their (combustible -- a feature, not a bug) self-propelled combine or their tractors, in the machine shop, the agricultural supply shop, the used car dealships.  And everybody drives, all the time.

Instead the 'pol pros' keep pounding on polls, which are getting it wronger and wronger every cycle.

So what is it, that demonstrably for years now having one's own media conglomerates like Fox and Rush and etc. wins All the Elections -- are Dems too poor to fund the same for their messaging?  Or too cheap?  Or do they simply not believe in their own messaging, such favoring inclusion and disfavoring abuse and apartheid and saving the environment?

17 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Calling it so early was foolish given this race.

Actually, there is a possible reality that exists where Rupert Murdoch unintentionally saved America from fascism by trying to stick it to Trump by calling Arizona for Biden earlier.

I have a feeling that the Arizona call kept Trump's team from being far more aggressive in getting vote counts stopped in states where he is ahead by forcing him to argue competing outcomes in states determined entirely on whether he's ahead or behind.

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

When you hold it does a toad pee in your hand?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/4/1992127/-The-biggest-political-mistake-in-history-It-s-the-radio-stupid

And nobody listens to the radio (unlike moi), which has been non-stop pushing this merde we're dealing with since the 1970's, and which truly ramped up with Clinton's deregulation communications law.

In those wildly red regions of the country, they do listen to the radio all time, whether in their SUV, the cab of their (combustible -- a feature, not a bug) self-propelled combine or their tractors, in the machine shop, the agricultural supply shop, the used car dealships.  And everybody drives, all the time.

Instead the 'pol pros' keep pounding on polls, which are getting it wronger and wronger every cycle.

10 years ago I was still listening to the radio you mention.  It’s toxic.  

Archived