US Politics: The vote is Joe's. Signed, sealed, delivered.

A Horse Named Stranger

Trump's lead in Pennsylvania cut to 58,000.

It's only a couple of results, but the last two counts in Arizona were for Biden. Trump's vote share trend has dropped below what he needs to win and Biden's lead has ticked back up to 57,000. Granted only by 1500, but the first time in a while that it's moved in the right direction.

Count in Georgia is still Trump ahead by 3,486, uncounted votes are 15,490. Biden is still doing what he needs to do but his trend lead has been cut from 10 to 4 points.

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I'm not telling anyone despair, just please don't celebrate, and her out the champagne.

Dude, you were saying on election night that the fascist had won, that everyone else sucked and that your pessimism was realism. 

Maybe not the time to lecture folks on that?

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I'm not telling anyone despair, just please don't celebrate, and get out the champagne.

lol

My brother and I have been sharing giddy gifs over the last hour.

Sorrynotsorry

11 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I can get that.

But I just see built getting hyped up over this will just make the disappointment of when/if Trump does win even more painful.

Now, now, you’re letting your worst instincts get ahold of yourself.

Take a deep breath, stay calm, and be patient!

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My scotch is being chilled, ready and waiting. 

Well, I've never been able to wait until it's appropriate to celebrate to start drinking.

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

"Yeah, fuck it, maybe Alaska is also in play, and North Carolina, and the Moon."

I like how Silver describes it as a "bold claim."  Indeed, Cotton.

21 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

Dude, you were saying on election night that the fascist had won, that everyone else sucked and that your pessimism was realism. 

Maybe not the time to lecture folks on that?

I apologize for that behavior. 

I was really angry and frustrated, and translated those sentiments here.

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Now, now, you’re letting your worst instincts get ahold of yourself.

Take a deep breath, stay calm, and be patient!

I'm agreeing with that notion.

I just see the harm of both despairing and celebrating about this point.

3 minutes ago, aceluby said:

I hate you whiskey drinkers right now. My wife can go into labor at any moment so I can’t indulge

Seems like all the more reason to indulge.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Nice.

Sadly my last bottle of this one.  I've gone through four or five over the past year (or two...don't remember when the 13 year first dropped).  Probably never seeing this one again, although I've got a couple of bottles of the 2020 11 year old release.

Really hoping for PA (and GA if possible!).

Per 538, the latest sets of AZ ballots had a bunch from heavily blue Pima county (Tucson area, bluer than Maricopa) and even those (Pima) were actually slightly in Trump's favor overall.  I think AZ is different than some of the other battleground states because voters of both parties use mail-in voting extensively and have been doing so for many elections.  So you can't count on mail-in ballots being Dem.  Biden lead currently at about 56.8k with just under 400k left to count.

Archived