US Politics: The vote is Joe's. Signed, sealed, delivered.

A Horse Named Stranger

10 minutes ago, aceluby said:

I hate you whiskey drinkers right now. My wife can go into labor at any moment so I can’t indulge

Hey now. You knew what this election was. You should have thought about all of this 9 months ago and planned a little better... :P

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Terry Gross interview regarding reforms to the Presidency to prevent more Trumpism

• <iframe src="https://www.npr.org/player/embed/930381440/931783126" width="100%" height="290" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" title="NPR embedded audio player">

Forcing future Presidents to communicate in blogs in raw HTML?  A bold strategem, to be sure.

It remains difficult to really pin down exaclty how many ballots are left in AZ, so this is only a rough estimate. 

In the past 3 hours, ~ 140k votes were counted, and Trump trimmed Biden's lead in AZ from 65,000 to 46,000.  Trump's target prior to that was to win 57.7% of the vote, and after that dump, he narrowed that to only needing 57.3%. 

So it remains super super close in Arizona.  I still haven't seen any indication of why AP is still confident in their call, but we have much less information about the AZ votes than we do in say, GA, because AZ is being really closemouthed about the whole thing, and often give contradictory or incorrect updates. 

1 minute ago, SaltyGnosis said:

They are huffing that copium over at Drumpf.win (where /r/TheDonald went after the nazi shit became too much for even reddit). I'd be laughing if I weren't genuinely worried these fucks are hyping themselves up into doing a terrorism.

If what happened with the Michigan governor is any indication, most of them are too fucking dumb to not get caught so I wouldn't worry too much.

So the Maricopa update wasn't nearly as many votes as I'd hoped and Trump's still just hitting the mark he needs (actually slightly less).  Ugh, more waiting...

19 minutes ago, aceluby said:

I hate you whiskey drinkers right now. My wife can go into labor at any moment so I can’t indulge

Congrats!!!  And sorry, I guess.

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

Sadly my last bottle of this one.  I've gone through four or five over the past year (or two...don't remember when the 13 year first dropped).  Probably never seeing this one again, although I've got a couple of bottles of the 2020 11 year old release.

:(

I think Arizona might go red and Georgia is a very nice bonus, but Pennsylvania seals the deal. As long as Biden keeps Nevada (which people keep saying is in the bag but there's still a slim chance for Trump to keep it).

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It remains difficult to really pin down exaclty how many ballots are left in AZ, so this is only a rough estimate. 

In the past 3 hours, ~ 140k votes were counted, and Trump trimmed Biden's lead in AZ from 65,000 to 46,000.  Trump's target prior to that was to win 57.7% of the vote, and after that dump, he narrowed that to only needing 57.3%. 

So it remains super super close in Arizona.  I still haven't seen any indication of why AP is still confident in their call, but we have much less information about the AZ votes than we do in say, GA, because AZ is being really closemouthed about the whole thing, and often give contradictory or incorrect updates. 

True just by .3 something.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

So the Maricopa update wasn't nearly as many votes as I'd hoped and Trump's still just hitting the mark he needs (actually slightly less).  Ugh, more waiting

2 minutes ago, SaltyGnosis said:

More libertarian hate than I've ever seen in conservative circles too. Which means the libertarians are ripe for the picking, and I'm going to convert them all! They want a Red Wave 2024, I'll give 'em one!

TTFF Comrades

Ever since it was in Rocky IV, I've thought the Soviet National Anthem was really great.  You don't need to know the words to know what they're saying. 

1 minute ago, ThinkerX said:

so...if I understand this correctly, we are looking at near certain recounts in Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania?  With increasingly insane lawsuits on top of that...

I doubt that PA or NV end up being particularly close.  They just have a lot more counting to finish. 

Archived