US Politics: The vote is Joe's. Signed, sealed, delivered.

A Horse Named Stranger

I’d have loved to have been a fly on the wall wherever Trump has been these past few days.

I know it’s unlikely (anything is possible in 2020!), but if Biden wins in Georgia but none of the other states still counting and it ends up a 269-269 tie, I gather that the House then votes for the president and the Senate votes for the VP? So that would mean that Pence would end up being Biden’s VP? Or is Biden not certain to be chosen by the House (something to do with each state only getting one vote)?

1 hour ago, Toth said:

I'm actually surprised that things haven't escalated more so far. Sure enough, armed trumpists trying to force their way into polling stations is still nasty, but I honestly expected worse.

Are you talking about the police arresting a couple of guys in Philadelphia, or did something else happen? I woke up about 1 hour ago.

Just now, HoodedCrow said:

The Trumpers just set up a vote fraud hotline. Is it legal for me to phone and complain about Trump trying to stop vote counts, advising people to vote twice and instigating violence towards politicians and staffers? 

I'm sure it's legal, but I would say inadvisable since they might trace your call and then find out where you live.

5 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Are you talking about the police arresting a couple of guys in Philadelphia, or did something else happen? I woke up about 1 hour ago.

Well, that was the most dangerous example as of late, but throughout the last few days there have been instances of huge partly armed crowds gathering in front of polling stations that had to be met with security.

17 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

The Trumpers just set up a vote fraud hotline. Is it legal for me to phone and complain about Trump trying to stop vote counts, advising people to vote twice and instigating violence towards politicians and staffers? 

its compulsory

get dialing

maybe from a burner phone

For those who questioned the Lincoln Project, Republicans Voters Against Trump, and other such groups over the general idea that there were conservatives who could be convinced not to vote for Trump and even be convinced to vote for Biden.

5 minutes ago, Ran said:

For those who questioned the Lincoln Project, Republicans Voters Against Trump, and other such groups over the general idea that there were conservatives who could be convinced not to vote for Trump and even be convinced to vote for Biden.

I don't think the argument was so much that they couldn't persuade anyone, but rather that Democrats were being entirely too forgiving of how much those involved in the group contributed to the environment that lead to Trump, and how the project could easily be extrapolated into graft.

If the Lincoln Project continues to try and atone for their past by trying to break the Republican Party, they may yet be spared the re-education camps.

Archived