US Politics: The vote is Joe's. Signed, sealed, delivered.

A Horse Named Stranger

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Clayton alone will definitely put Biden ahead.  Clinton won like 90% of the vote there last time. 

Sorry, what I meant was that 18k doesn’t seem like a lot to count, not that there wouldn’t be enough votes for Biden to overtake. Should we be getting Georgia’s final tally tonight?

9 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It's all Dem regions.  And it's all mail.  It'll be 70% Biden at least.  Clayton still has like 6k votes among that, and that is the most democratic county in the state, so that will be at least 5k votes right there. 

It is not all Dem regions, 6,000 are in counties where Trump is winning. However, Biden is winning the mail-in votes even in Trump counties both in GA and PA because it’s Democrats who are voting by mail for the most part.

A reporter also pointed out that there are thousands of provisional ballots not included in the 19k ballot total, 3,500 in Fulton county alone, and most provisional ballots apparently get counted.

2 minutes ago, S John said:

Sorry, what I meant was that 18k doesn’t seem like a lot to count, not that there wouldn’t be enough votes for Biden to overtake. Should we be getting Georgia’s final tally tonight?

They said they'd have it by "midday" today, and they obviously missed that, so who knows.  But I agree it doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of votes. 

14 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Oh no we might have to put California back in play chaps.

I actually looked at California yesterday and it looked like some of the counties that voted for Trump in '16 flipped to Biden this time around. I wonder if it had anything to do with Trump's response on the wildfire crisis.

Again guys, this is premature.

I’m sure most of you thought this would be done for yes?

Then Miami-Didi happened and launched us into long hard gruel.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

They said they'd have it by "midday" today, and they obviously missed that, so who knows.  But I agree it doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of votes. 

Exactly. Even if Biden appears to be on track to take the lead in it, it can be temporary.

Georgia is not going to get called anytime soon, even if Biden does take the lead.  It is just a fun little diversion while we suffer through angsting about Biden's shrinking lead in AZ, the agonizing pace of the PA count and whether Trump is going to get people killed or steal the election before this is over. 

1 minute ago, kairparavel said:

For every occasion...

In the two seconds while the board was loading the contents of this tweet, I was sure it would be a Trump tweet.  I was hoping it would be something about Clinton not conceding fast enough in 2016.

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Georgia is not going to get called anytime soon, even if Biden does take the lead.  It is just a fun little diversion while we suffer through angsting about Biden's shrinking lead in AZ, the agonizing pace of the PA count and whether Trump is going to get people killed or steal the election before this is over. 

I can get that.

But I just see built getting hyped up over this will just make the disappointment of when/if Trump does win even more painful.

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I can get that.

But I just see built getting hyped up over this will just make the disappointment of when/if Trump does win even more painful.

Not just "if" but "if/when" Trump does win. 

I give you credit for consistency, your pessimism is unabated. 

2 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I actually looked at California yesterday and it looked like some of the counties that voted for Trump in '16 flipped to Biden this time around. I wonder if it had anything to do with Trump's response on the wildfire crisis.

Probably, but I think it is deeper than that. Trump has served his whole term term as ‘president for people who like me’. His whole worldview is transactional. If he cannot benefit from you - then fuck you. He does not personally benefit from helping California, he benefits from using California as a punching bag - highlighting any of its shortcomings as the failures of a state run by Democrats.

I think it’s possibly his worst leadership characteristic, among several other damning ones, and note that even if he hangs on to win it doesn’t look like he’s going to flip a single Clinton state.

Archived