US Politics - Count All The Posts

Relic

42 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sorry I can't divine what you actually know and what you pretend to know.  And I'm always having fun.

What I know is I'm +5 on picks against @aceluby, but he's in first and I'm in fourth. It's all rigged.

35 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I have never posted on Twitter before today, but I’ve been on there for the past few hours now calling elected government officials horrible names and challenging them to hypothetical fist fights. It’s incredibly cathartic.

Getting blocked after zinging politicians/biased pundits is a surpisingly satisfying feeling. 

If I were a Trump aide right now, I'd try to talk him out of his bunker by pointing out that this means he can spend four years being the Shadow President and then try again in 2024.

(And in all seriousness, I think anyone speculating about Republican Primaries in 2024 needs to deal with very real possibility that Trump will  try a comeback).

39 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

If I were a Trump aide right now, I'd try to talk him out of his bunker by pointing out that this means he can spend four years being the Shadow President and then try again in 2024.

(And in all seriousness, I think anyone speculating about Republican Primaries in 2024 needs to deal with very real possibility that Trump will  try a comeback).

I agree with that, but  I don't think he could win again. He might be able to win the primaries. But I think he'd prove a weak general election candidate. A lot of his sheen will have worn off having lost. In the words of our Amighty Pony Queen Jace, people don't like losers.

5 minutes ago, Darzin said:

I agree with that, but ( and I may  I don't think he could win again. He might be able to win the primaries. But I think he'd prove a weak general election candidate. A lot of his sheen will have worn off having lost. In the words of our Amighty Pony Queen Jace, people don't like losers.

But here's the problem - the vast majority of Trump voters don't think he lost. They think the election was stolen. Four years from now, after the Democratic voter base find Biden's lack of activity frustrating... I think a rematch might be disturbingly close. 

14 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Or at least see one of his kids.

The election in swing states was close.

Close enough to where the republicans will not see keeping Trump on in the spot light as their face as toxic to their electoral chances.

One “STS 2.0” group HuffPost observed issued multiple violent threats as it pushed the message that the election was illegitimate. By Thursday’s standards, it should also be removed, and the name (an acronym for Stop the Steal), was a barely concealed attempt to mimic the large, already-canceled group. But its numbers grew through Friday to more than 100,000 people. 

In that group, as well as several other Stop the Steal groups active on Facebook as of Friday evening, lurid themes have emerged in members’ discussions — including calls for the execution of supposedly treasonous Democrats and a shared fantasy about civil war. There are dozens of groups with memberships of anywhere from a few people to tens of thousands. 

“If Biden/Harris win the White House our country will quickly be thrusted into a civil war. It will be law@order/gun toting Constitutionalists vs. democratic powers,” a member of one of the larger groups posted. “They better bring an Army. Cause we got the guns, & the Vets who know how to use them,” another commented. “It’s coming,” a third member wrote, including a picture of the logo of the Three Percenters, a far-right militia. 

The inconsistent standards by which Facebook appears to be enforcing these bans, during an incredibly tense period for U.S. democracy, raise the danger that groups trying to delegitimize the election and threatening violence will continue to find users on the platform. Facebook did not immediately respond to a request for comment. 

Pro-Trump Groups Call For Civil War, In Apparent Defiance Of Facebook’s Policy
Dozens of groups resembling a large “Stop the Steal” page that Facebook already shut down continue to be active as the election drags on.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pro-trump-stop-the-steal-facebook-groups-civil-war_n_5fa5e426c5b66009569a1d20

5 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Whoever runs in Biden’s stead will have to be a white-male. At least male.

We can only hope this type of dumbass thinking doesn't permeate the Democratic party for a second straight presidential cycle.

17 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

But here's the problem - the vast majority of Trump voters don't think he lost. They think the election was stolen. Four years from now, after the Democratic voter base find Biden's lack of activity frustrating... I think a rematch might be disturbingly close. 

Yeah the hardcore Trumpers sure, but the narrative for most normal people will be he lost. 

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

We can only hope this type of dumbass thinking doesn't permeate the Democratic party for a second straight presidential cycle.

For real. Pakistan has elected a female leader for crying out loud. Hillary Clinton was not an avatar of all women, she had some specific flaws and and a very long propaganda campaign agianst her. Taking her failure to mean American can't elect a woman is the wrong lesson to learn.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

If Hillary was a white-male she would not be as reviled.

Biden’s lead is less to do with policy—which is perfectly—but a large part of aesthetics.

A white old man.  

Harris—a mixed raced woman from California—would lose.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah, that'd be her giving up power.

The President's party usually loses House seats in mid-term elections and since the Democrats have already lost some this time around and don't have much of a margin, it's quite likely that she wouldn't be Speaker in any case so she's not giving up much.

Archived