US Politics - Count All The Posts

Relic

3 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

This thread has hit on a great new voting suppression tactic for our good friends the Republicans. Require the vote to be decided on election day. Maybe make it state law that polls are only open in the state capital, so you could have this big Cannonball Run style race to get there to vote in time.

In SC it’s pretty easy to get to Columbia.  To do that here the only polling place would be in a bait and tackle shop in “Mountain Rest” SC at the intersection on of two lane road in the mountains of extreme NW South Carolina... then they’ll complain that people “don’t care enough” to vote.

4 hours ago, sifth said:

So I have a question for you guys. I had a chat with a friend last night, who's neutral in this whole thing. Her ideas lean more towards the right, but she always votes third party, because she more or less hates both sides. She's for the most part a very well educated person and fully admitted to Trump acting like a baby this past week. That being said, she mentioned that according to the constitution all votes need to be counted by election night. I never heard this before and I've not been able to find any info online either confirming or denying what she said. I was just wondering if this is true or not, since if it is, it will probably be what Trump uses to sue the states after the counting is eventually finished.

I would be willing to bet non-trivial sums of money that your friend claims to hate both parties but voted Trump. That mix of ignorance and surety about a bullshit thing that Trump claimed is a solid indicator.

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

I would be willing to bet non-trivial sums of money that your friend claims to hate both parties but voted Trump. That mix of ignorance and surety about a bullshit thing that Trump claimed is a solid indicator.

I don't know, she always talks about how great the Libertarian Party is to me and agrees with me that the Electoral College should be removed and replaced by Rank Choice Voting. Like I said she leans more to the right, then the left, but also mocks Trump as well, like his immature actions this week alone.

13 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

he will be pardoned before Trump leaves.  If he isn't, it won't be because Trump hesitated to abuse his office, it will be Javanka's revenge. 

The clown can pardon him without a conviction?

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

In SC it’s pretty easy to get to Columbia.  To do that here the only polling place would be in a bait and tackle shop in “Mountain Rest” SC at the intersection on of two lane road in the mountains of extreme NW South Carolina... then they’ll complain that people “don’t care enough” to vote.

That might be an advantage, if it was harder for people the larger their state is. Maybe to really target liberals make the one polling in the state in a really red and rural area. So people in Seattle would have to drive hours, and through the mountain pass, to go vote in eastern Washington.

Archived