US Politics - Count All The Posts

Relic

1 minute ago, a free shadow said:

AP has done it, too.

There has been a co-ordination among them?

No, only in the sense they all had a number in Pennsylvania that Trump could not catch up to and pass. They have an idea how many votes remain uncounted and with the votes left Trump could not win.

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

No, only in the sense they all had a number in Pennsylvania that Trump could not catch up to and pass. They have an idea how many votes remain uncounted and with the votes left Trump could not win.

Oh, I see. They were waiting for so long, and then announced all at once, I thought there might have been something behind it. Especially as it was done two minutes before a "big press conference" by Trump :ninja:

37 minutes ago, Werthead said:

So the numbers after the last update (14 hours ago, apparently) are that Trump leads by 76,515 with 189,319 (est.) left to be counted. Biden actually won all three of the last three drops, but they were tiny (a couple of hundred each). Biden's averaging trend is 52% and he needs to sustain 70% to win. Highly unlikely, especially as North Carolina doesn't have the huge metro areas which are helping Biden in other states (Atlanta's metro area is almost three times the size of Charlotte's).

Here it's helpful to understand several things about NC, if you are not aware already. (1) Despite it's population size (9th highest in the US), NC's urban areas are more dispersed than other states. We don't have our "one big city" like Atlanta is for Georgia, Chicago is for Illinois, or NYC is for New York. It's spread between clusters across the state: e.g., Charlotte Metro Area, the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill), the Piedmont Triad (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point). (2) The Charlotte Metro Area spills over into South Carolina since Charlotte is on the NC/SC border. 

Woo! Street parties are ensueing immediately.  The screaming on the streets was my first signal to check the NY Times.

I screamed then too, seeing BIDEN BEATS TRUMP, upon seeing the caption below that:

"Harris First Woman Elected Vice President"

Archived