Trump Leaving the WH Predictions

Martell Spy

57 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Oh, I really don't think this is going to be the case at all. Trump is angry at most Republicans already for not 100% backing up his baseless claims of fraud, and he doesn't have any loyalty to the Republican Party as an institution. The only way he will care about the Georgia elections is if Perdue and Loeffler become the loudest Republicans claiming that Trump really won and Biden cheated. Then he might do what you suggest. 

It really can cut both ways. He may not give a damn at all, but OTOH, he may campaign there a lot because the state went for Biden. Who knows with this cognitively declining psychopath who wasn't that bright to begin with...

I do find myself wondering more and more just how much of a 'house of cards' Trump's financial empire really is, especially with Deutsche bank threatening to foreclose on assorted properties and the NYT tax revelations, not to mention the occasional rumor of serious corruption/money issues with the overseas branches.  Maybe, just maybe, the whole dang mess unravels to the point where Trump is 'bankrupt for real' instead of...hmmm...call it 'pretend bankruptcy?'  

4 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

I do find myself wondering more and more just how much of a 'house of cards' Trump's financial empire really is, especially with Deutsche bank threatening to foreclose on assorted properties and the NYT tax revelations, not to mention the occasional rumor of serious corruption/money issues with the overseas branches.  Maybe, just maybe, the whole dang mess unravels to the point where Trump is 'bankrupt for real' instead of...hmmm...call it 'pretend bankruptcy?'  

I don't think rich people ever actually go "bankrupt for real".  He'll live out the rest of his days at a standard of living you or I could only dream about. 

2 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

I don't think rich people ever actually go "bankrupt for real".  He'll live out the rest of his days at a standard of living you or I could only dream about. 

this is Trump we are talking about - a man with a long history of extremely poor financial decisions.  That said, in this case, 'bankrupt for real' would still translate to...upper middle class lifestyle, maybe?

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

Pretty much. Tax lawyers etc are very good at arms length and shelters to insulate from creditors, bankruptcy and so on. However, a lot of Trump's debt [at least insofar as Deutsche] is personally guaranteed. Trump's always kind of been a green mirage, but dude's future is not particularly bright.

7 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

this is Trump we are talking about - a man with a long history of extremely poor financial decisions.  That said, in this case, 'bankrupt for real' would still translate to...upper middle class lifestyle, maybe?

No, I'm saying he won't even be able to tell you the price of basic groceries, car insurance, rent, etc.  I'm saying he'll still be in the 1%

I would not want to guess at how Trump leaves the White House but, given the sort of person that he is, it seems likely that he will have the place trashed before leaving. Possibly also carrying off everything valuable he can with him when he goes.

2 minutes ago, A wilding said:

carrying off everything valuable he can with him when he goes.

Absolutely that.  He's done it before, just taking stuff from the embassies abroad.

Just like the campaign donations -- they are HIS MONEY, not the party's for campaigns.

One thing he won't get his little hands on will be any part of Melania, who clearly despises him and finds him pathetic, and certainly now the Biggest Loser, disgusting.

1 hour ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

There won't be a Presidential Trump Library or if there is, it will be as fraudulent as Trump University. 

Oh, there will be a Trump Presidential Library.  It will be yuuge and the most beautiful and greatest presidential library in the history of presidents and libraries.  It just will also be entirely bereft of actual books or papers.  But you can go there to watch every single episode of The Apprentice!

On 11/7/2020 at 4:25 AM, Martell Spy said:

He keeps living there and everyone ignores him?

Maybe, he will be drugged and will wake up in one of the many WH replicas thinking is for real. He isallowed to keep his twitter account but Twitter sets up a special system to make him think he has millions of followers who actually interact with him.

5 hours ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

There won't be a Presidential Trump Library or if there is, it will be as fraudulent as Trump University. 

In a sane world, they'd take Mar-a-Lago from him and turn it into a graveyard for Covid victims and a museum on Presidential crimes, like how Robert E. Lee's plantation became Arlington National Cemetery.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

In a sane world, they'd take Mar-a-Lago from him and turn it into a graveyard for Covid victims and a museum on Presidential crimes, like how Robert E. Lee's plantation became Arlington National Cemetery.

I did not know that!

eta: I see that the heir sued the US government after the war to get his property back, and the SCOTUS decided 5-4 that the estate had been improperly seized. He did, however, sell the property to the US government for substantially more than the government originally offered (more than $3 M in today’s terms v $400 k).

I can imagine the extortionate amount Trump would want for Mar-a-Lago. And while it’s a great idea, I don’t know if others would agree.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I did not know that!

eta: I see that the heir sued the US government after the war to get his property back, and the SCOTUS decided 5-4 that the estate had been improperly seized. He did, however, sell the property to the US government for substantially more than the government originally offered (more than $3 M in today’s terms v $400 k).

I can imagine the extortionate amount Trump would want for Mar-a-Lago. And while it’s a great idea, I don’t know if others would agree.

not sure, but Mar-a-Lago might be on the list of properties Deutsche Bank is contemplating foreclosing on.  

Archived