Trump Leaving the WH Predictions

Martell Spy

5 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

not sure, but Mar-a-Lago might be on the list of properties Deutsche Bank is contemplating foreclosing on.  

But then we'd have to buy it from the Germans.  Much better than buying it from Trump, but still...

10 hours ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

There won't be a Presidential Trump Library or if there is, it will be as fraudulent as Trump University. 

are you kidding? There will be a trashy Ripley's believe it or not style museum created to cash in on all the MAGA devotees so they can fund the bankruptcy.

25 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

The US government rejected the outright gift of Mar-A-Lago yeeeeeears ago because the upkeep was too expensive.

Aren't most golf restores giant money pits unless you started off with a great deal on the real estate? 

30 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Yup; it’s like an airline. “How do you make a million dollars running an airline?

Start with ten million”

Speaking of airlines, it's about as savvy as selling high end headphones in vending machines at airports. Who buys that shit?

2 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Actually, me, in desperation.

I was not about to face another 6 am flight from Montréal to the US in first class with some screaming toddlers throwing popcorn at each other, so I did legit do this.

First class includes okay headphones. 

6 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Not on a “domestic” flight which includes most of the US-CAN flights or US-Carribean flights.

Not even lay flat seats, bro, this was an RJ (regional jet) flight, if you were lucky once or twice it might be a 717.

What airline were you using? I never buy first class tickets, but I always try to upgrade at the gate, and usually you can for $100-$200, which always comes with free head phones you can keep. 

3 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Delta. ATL- MTL and always. Always a regional jet. 

I also bought first class, which was the same seat I would have had ATL to fucking Memphis on the same damn RJ.

Don't recall flying first class with them, but I hardly ever go to the East. They're pretty liberal with their drinks though. A flight attendant gave me a handful of bottles when my friend and I pointed out one the the engines was smoking while we were over the Caribbean. ;)

11 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Fuck yeah, when I got deported from Canada and the border officer watched me buckle into my first class seat before he left, the flight attendant just handed me the bottle of champagne.

I still think it's hilarious that you got deported from Canada. Bird on bird crime, right @Fragile Bird?

I definitely see a book in his future, or several.

I think he'll try some sort of revenge... not sure that'll mean campaigning in GA. Even though he does love his crowds.

What could he do politically, with executive orders, in the lame duck period? Sell out some more national parks?

Log-term, I'm starting to think he might really go abroad. He'll want to remain a public figure though, for his ego. Maybe he'll got to Scotland.

6 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I did not know that!

eta: I see that the heir sued the US government after the war to get his property back, and the SCOTUS decided 5-4 that the estate had been improperly seized. He did, however, sell the property to the US government for substantially more than the government originally offered (more than $3 M in today’s terms v $400 k).

I can imagine the extortionate amount Trump would want for Mar-a-Lago. And while it’s a great idea, I don’t know if others would agree.

Climate Catastrophe and rising sea levels will take care of mar-a-lago.  

Before the war Arlington was a frackin' wreck, mortgaged to hilt, and a totally losing financial proposition.  Nor was Robert E. Lee capable of running a paying plantation.  But he was able to spend hours every year trying to get back runaway slaves -- and not afraid to have them beaten, though he didn't do it himself, of course.  Plus most of the enslaved were old and infirm, and they weren't any good at the work either. But he was too broke to buy younger, healthier.  And his wife, was even worse at actually running and organizing anything, even a party.

He's probably going to lose his twitter account after Jan. 20; the perimeters that Twitter allows for people of his status "in the public interest and right to know" -- such as lying ALL THE TIME -- will no longer apply then.

5 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

She is aware of it. My sobbing was heard around the hemisphere.

i went back a week later with the “requested” work permit application. 

Honestly, I blame the lack of goodwill at the border squarely on Trump. That’s all the damn Canadian border guards could talk about, other than football.

I once made a thread for people to share interesting stories, but sadly, too many people are cowards. I'd love to hear what happened exactly. 

4 hours ago, Lord of Oop North said:

are you kidding? There will be a trashy Ripley's believe it or not style museum created to cash in on all the MAGA devotees so they can fund the bankruptcy.

Yes indeed. Waxwork tableaus representing Trumps greatest triumphs. A book where visitors can write how much they love trump and these comments flashed up continuously on a giant screen...

Changing the subject, I am pleased to see reports of Jared urging Trump to concede are squashed. Wouldn't like to credit any of the family with any sense.

39 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I missed that one.

Sometime, I’ll pm you with the story, which is not that interesting :)

I went years back, but couldn't find it. Although I did find many gems, including this:

For some weird reason, youtube suggested me some videos from the WWE. I haven't watched that since the 90s or so. One of them featured Trump ffs! I had a good laugh at that. Donald should return to that place or whatever reality show he likes. I think he confused reality shows with reality and messed up.

8 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

For some weird reason, youtube suggested me some videos from the WWE. I haven't watched that since the 90s or so. One of them featured Trump ffs! I had a good laugh at that. Donald should return to that place or whatever reality show he likes. I think he confused reality shows with reality and messed up.

To the bold, it's hard to fault him when about 50% of the US feels that way too.

Archived