Time and Causality

LynnS

28 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I’ve wondered a bit if GRRM was making an allusion/homage to to the compilation of stories in One Thousand and One Nights.  

If so then the tale that might parallel Bran being in Bloodraven’s cave might be the tale of Aladdin, where Aladdin ends up getting lured into and trapped in a magic cave by a sorcerer who passed himself off as Aladdin’s uncle.

Hah!  That would be like Martin and yet the cave of skulls reminds me so much of Moria with it's bones.  It even has a stone bridge crossing a chasm and passages that go down to a sunless sea.  Makes me wonder if there is something dangerous down there.  

56 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I’ve wondered a bit if GRRM was making an allusion/homage to to the compilation of stories in One Thousand and One Nights.  

If so then the tale that might parallel Bran being in Bloodraven’s cave might be the tale of Aladdin, where Aladdin ends up getting lured into and trapped in a magic cave by a sorcerer who passed himself off as Aladdin’s uncle.

Epilogue, TWOW: "That is not Brynden Rivers, that is Uncle Benjen. The trees are hungry! HOOOOODOOOOOOR!!"

I just finished watching Babylon 5 the complete series.  It's all about war, religion., It has a Night Watch made up of rangers who guard against the darkness, shadows and the long night.  The captain's name is John. 

Archived