Another Dragon? (Spoilers from Winds of winter chapter)

Gramse

The following post includes spoilers from the Arienne chapters from TWOW.

Quotes form the Arianne chapters:

"And since a princess must have some women to attend her, her company also included pretty Jayne Ladybright and wild Elia Sand, a maid of ten-and-four."

"And Elia Sand, oldest of the four girls that Prince Oberyn had fathered on Ellaria, would cross the Sea of Dorne with Arianne. "As a lady, not a lance," her mother said firmly, but like all the Sand Snakes, Elia had her own mind."

"Come break of day, they were off again. Elia Sand led the way, her black braid flying behind her as she raced across the dry, cracked plains and up into the hills. The girl was mad for horses, which might be why she often smelled like one, to the despair of her mother. Sometimes Arianne felt sorry for Ellaria. Four girls, and every one of them her father's daughter."

Same chapter, wordplay from GRRM. Letter from Jon Con

"To Prince Doran of House Martell, You will remember me, I pray. I knew your sister well, and was a leal servant of your good-brother. I grieve for them as you do. I did not die, no more than did your sister's son. To save his life we kept him hidden, but the time for hiding is done. A dragon has returned to Westeros to claim his birthright and seek vengeance for his father, and for the princess Elia, his mother. In her name I turn to Dorne. Do not forsake us"

"The two of them were side-by-side as they thundered towards the gatehouse, but five yards from the gates Elia Sand came flying from the cloud of dust behind them to rush past both of them on her black filly.

"Are you half horse, child?" Valena asked, laughing, in the yard. "Princess, did you bring a stable girl?""

"I am almost a woman grown, ser," she responded haughtily. "I'll let you spank me, though... but first you'll need to tilt with me, and knock me off my horse."

There is another woman mentioned to be a good rider and believed by many to be the knight of the laughing tree...

"Lyanna might have carried a sword, if my lord father had allowed it."

"Lyanna was beautiful," Arya said, startled. Everybody said so. It was not a thing that was ever said of Arya.

"She was," Eddard Stark agreed, "beautiful, and willful, and dead before her time."

And when the triumphant Prince of Dragonstone named Lyanna Stark, daughter of the Lord of Winterfell, the queen of love and beauty, placing a garland of blue roses in her lap with the tip of his lance, the lickspittle lords gathered around the king declared that further proof of his perfidy. Why would the prince have thus given insult to his own wife, the Princess Elia Martell of Dorne (who was present), unless it was to help him gain the Iron Throne? The crowning of the Stark girl, who was by all reports a wild and boyish young thing with none of the Princess Elia's delicate beauty,

From https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lyanna_Stark

Lyanna is noted to have been a skilled rider who loved to ride. According to Harwin of Winterfell, Lyanna rode "like a northman",while Barbrey Dustin describes her as a centaur, and Roose Bolton states that Lyanna was "half a horse herself".

mystery knight known as the Knight of the Laughing Tree defeated the knights the three bullies served, and demanded them to be chastised as ransom payment. Some fans have suggested Lyanna for the identity of the mystery knight.

From there he rode to a place Rhaegar was said to have named the tower of joy, located in the Red Mountains of Dorne.

Not very far from Hellholt where Elia Sand comes from.

Hellholt, also called the Hellholt, is the seat of House Uller in southern Dorne. The castle is located near the source of the river Brimstone, east of Sandstone and west of Vaith.

53 minutes ago, TedBear said:

This is not a clue, it is just an expression, it is like saying that I am a bit of a fish because I love to swim, anyone can ride a horse well if they have done it since childhood.

True enough.  The best riders though are the Dothraki.  Lyanna would have enjoyed riding with a khalasar.  

Archived