US Politics 46 - And there was much rejoicing

Which Tyler

1 hour ago, ThinkerX said:

This puts things in perspective.  And shows racism is...

This cannot possibly be correct for the 2020 election, because it shows Iowa as being Blue for both College Educated Whites and Non College Educated Whites, and Biden would have won the state if that were the case.

32 minutes ago, Killjoybear said:

Fake news! Giuliani showed up at that parking lot fully expecting it to be the Four Seasons!

29 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Not going to lie, I got so emotional during Kamala's speech my 12 yo gave an 'aw' and my 10 yo came over and hugged me. 

Joe's going to be good, but Kamala, she's the real deal, folks. You'll see.

I’ve already seen. That’s my Senator. I voted for her when she was still playing gigs at small local venues, way before you hipsters “discovered” her!

22 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I celebrate his entire catalog, but...man The Finer Things is such a great song that doesn't get enough love because of being overshadowed by his bigger hits.

Listen, all the so-called serious music aficionados will tell you Winwood’s best days were with Traffic and Blind Faith, but Back in the High Life is a monster album and don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise!

24 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

This young lady is celebrating at home, since I have to get my ass to the polls in January. Gotta stay healthy!!

I don't envy you. I imagine the next 2 months will be a political ad-filled nightmare.

10 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Listen, all the so-called serious music aficionados will tell you Winwood’s best days were with Traffic and Blind Faith, but Back in the High Life is a monster album and don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise!

Saw Steve Winwood oh-so-many years ago in Detroit. Well, outside of Detroit, at a venue I can’t remember the name of, an outside bowl kind of place with seats on the hillsides. Maybe someone knows the name? Just after Back in the High Life came out.

4 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Party has been going straight through the day and will probably go well into the night in the neighborhood -- I stayed home but have been enjoying the festive atmosphere from afar.

Voyeuristic, ever the bird watcher....

Oof, the latest vote drop from Apache county, AZ was *really* terrible, Trump won it 51-47, whereas Biden had been winning them 80-20 up to now. Not sure what caused those votes to be so different, but if Apache doesn't get significantly better for its remaining votes, Trump probably will actually win Arizona.

Which maybe isn't too relevant since Georgia looks safe. But the more states Biden wins the better, since it will further decrease the chances that any single state legislature goes yolo! and breaks the country by overturning the election.

At some point earlier this year, Bill Kristol put up a stat on MSNBC that breaks down Republicans as those primarily loyal to the party and those who identify as primarily loyal to Trump. I forget the actual numbers but it was a fairly even split. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/gop-pollster-frank-luntz-explains-how-trumps-delusions-are-fracturing-republicans-there-is-no-middle-ground/

“I think what Donald Trump does in the next seven days will determine his future as well as America’s future,” Luntz said

“The more that he fights, the stronger he becomes among his supporters, and the weaker he becomes among everybody else. It’s been clear to me from the comments that I’ve gotten today,” he explained.

“From the hard-core Trump people, he needs to stay and fight. From everybody else, he needs to accept the outcome. And there is no middle ground,” Luntz said.

12 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Certain conditions? Bitch, please.

If no one wants to do it, I'll personally roll Don out like a wad of cookie dough. No schwedd off my balls.

Is Trump really going to try for the “Golden Parachute” hes been given to leave other Jobs?

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Saw Steve Winwood oh-so-many years ago in Detroit. Well, outside of Detroit, at a venue I can’t remember the name of, an outside bowl kind of place with seats on the hillsides. Maybe someone knows the name? Just after Back in the High Life came out.

Pine Knob. Now called.DTE

Archived