Military strength of Northern houses post red wedding

Mrstrategy

4 minutes ago, Mrstrategy said:

How large were the military strength of the major houses like Dustin, Ryswell, Karstark, Umber, and Manderly after the red wedding?

We’ve never really been given any hard numbers about how many men these houses have, so it’s hard to say. We don’t even know how many Karstarks survived the war, given that a bunch of them apparently helped Roose slaughter the other northerners.

Dustin’s numbers have never been given, as with the Ryswells, even though they’re apparently sitting on some of the most fertile land in the North.

House Manderly is the most powerful house in the North since they’ve lost nearly 2000 men in the south, six barges’ worth of men at Winterfell, and who knows how many fighting the Boltons in the Hornwood, and still somehow have more heavy horse than any other northern house.

33 minutes ago, The Young Maester said:

I think we witnessed all of their strengths. Except for Manderly.

Umber is clear, they only have green boys and old men. 

Manderly we are uncertain. He claims to be able to raise 10k. But I’d put that more into 6k.

Wasn't there aswell an Umber army that Theon expects to attack him in Winterfell?

5 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Wasn't there aswell an Umber army that Theon expects to attack him in Winterfell?

Their are two umber armies. One full of green boys led by crowfood. They openly sided with Stannis. The other is full of greybeards, led by Whorebane. They are supporting the Boltons and are currently building trenches or ditches in winterfell.

43 minutes ago, The Young Maester said:

Their are two umber armies. One full of green boys led by crowfood. They openly sided with Stannis. The other is full of greybeards, led by Whorebane. They are supporting the Boltons and are currently building trenches or ditches in winterfell.

14 minutes ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

There were Umber men at WF with the 2K that Rodrik raised -- 600 Stark men, 300 Cerwyn men, plus whatever he took from TS. The houses that showed up were  Flint, Hornwood, Karstark,and Manderly.

Exactly! Unless I'm mistaken, that Umber garrison never shows up.

I think they might be with Manderly's hidden fleet

2 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

How large were the military strength of the major houses like Dustin, Ryswell, Karstark, Umber, and Manderly after the red wedding?

There are still men, old, and young who can carry weapons.  Not much is left in the way of a large military force though.  But places like greywater and the mountains still have their people intact.  However much that may mean.  A few thousand perhaps.

7 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Exactly! Unless I'm mistaken, that Umber garrison never shows up.

I think they might be with Manderly's hidden fleet

Theon says they are marshaling their troops:

“The Umbers are gathering beyond the Last River as well. I’ll have an army at my gates before the moon turns, and you bring me only ten men?”

But you are right: "

“But no Glovers, Asha saw to them, no Boltons from the Dreadfort, no Umbers come down from the shadow of the Wall.”

Thought for sure they were in there

Archived