Jon probably didn't love Ygritte

Alyn Oakenfist

Ah, I can already hear the pitchforks being sharpened just from the title. However, really think about it, was the relation between Jon and Ygritte love or just plain old lust. Cause Jon is a 16 year old with presumably all the hormones of a 16 year old, who is sworn to celibacy and who, as Lord Varys points out, we never see shaving the carrot. So that's quite a lot of hormones, that could lead to the thing that goes on between him and Ygritte. And after they do it, it's easy to see him sticking around. So what do you think, is it love or just lust?

Arya is Jon's true love.  I hope the original love triangle between Jon, Arya, and another man is still on.  The frozen, dull north could use this kind of of drama.  Ygritte was a temptation.  Jon was infatuated but the love was not deep.  He didn't betray the wall much for Ygritte but he most surely did for Arya.  It shows where his heart is.

45 minutes ago, Travis said:

I can't recall any character shaving the carrot or flicking the old bean.

Tyrion. ADWD something. In the Shy Maid. Fantasizing about Lemore riding him cowboy style. And Dany in ASOS something. Just before the tryst with Irri. Hope I don't need to be anymore graphic ;)

3 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Tyrion. ADWD something. In the Shy Maid. Fantasizing about Lemore riding him cowboy style. And Dany in ASOS something. Just before the tryst with Irri. Hope I don't need to be anymore graphic ;)

Now that you mentioned them, I do remember both of those instances. Lol

54 minutes ago, Travis said:

I can't recall any character shaving the carrot or flicking the old bean.

Tyrion did in ADWD. We also see Dany doing it, though it isn't bashing the bishop, I'll grant you that

10 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Arya is Jon's true love.  I hope the original love triangle between Jon, Arya, and another man is still on.  The frozen, dull north could use this kind of of drama.  Ygritte was a temptation.  Jon was infatuated but the love was not deep.  He didn't betray the wall much for Ygritte but he most surely did for Arya.  It shows where his heart is.

Jesus Fucking Christ, just why? Like I now they're actually cousins and not siblings, but it's still incest, it's disgusting and the more important thing, they grew up as siblings and have a lot of sibling affection for each other. So why? If you want love for Jon both Val and Dany are good alternatives. Sure Dany is also incest but at least they didn't grow up together.

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Tyrion did in ADWD. We also see Dany doing it, though it isn't shaving the carrot, I'll grant you that

That's why Travis said flicking the bean;)

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Jesus Fucking Christ, just why? Like I now they're actually cousins and not siblings, but it's still incest, it's disgusting and the more important thing, they grew up as siblings and have a lot of sibling affection for each other. So why? If you want love for Jon both Val and Dany are good alternatives. Sure Dany is also incest but at least they didn't grow up together.

Just visit the gross Jonarya Jonsa etc BS threads. You'll find your answer. And a lot of posters with their toxic wishful fancies to characters they simply hate with irrationally funny points to support them. 

1 minute ago, TheLastWolf said:

Just visit the gross Jonarya Jonsa etc BS threads. You'll find your answer. And a lot of posters with their toxic wishful fancies to characters they simply hate with irrationally funny points to support them. 

Please I needed to bleach my eyes with Toilet Duck the last time I read one of those

5 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

That's why Travis said flicking the bean;)

Up front I'm am not a shipper.   The kids like Arya and Bran are far too young for me to fit romance into their characters.   That's a modern bent I cannot jump.  However, many much smarter with far more literary understanding have given me instruction in the text where these romantic outcomes could be possible.   While the idea repulses me, there are undertones.  I hate the idea, but groundwork has been laid in the text.  You can't dismiss any of it out of hand, but I welcome you to stand on the sidelines with me holding your guts from spewing everywhere.  

To the OP, what true love does any adolescent actually know, particularly during their initial sexual encounters?  I think Jon loved Ygritte to the greatest of his ability which was seriously limited.  Real love?  Not likely.   More like a person who plays a large role in shaping what love will be for an adult.  Ygritte was a start.  If Jon is destined to kill Dany, Ygritte was an excellent experience to begin with.  

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Tyrion did in ADWD. We also see Dany doing it, though it isn't bashing the bishop, I'll grant you that

Because no one loves you like your family. It's the only form of true love. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Lord Lannister said:
1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Because no one loves you like your family. It's the only form of true love. :rolleyes:

"Incest helps us deal with our father's neglect, trust me it's healthy" - Jaime to Cersei, probably

Both lust and love but I wouldn't classify it as a healthy love. Ygritte's default was always you're stupid and I'm right and she never sought to try to understand Jon. Jon knew he'd never stay with her even though he wanted to but he led her on anyhow for the mission. In the end, while Jon still loves Ygritte in ADWD enough that Mel uses this against him, Jon still doesn't ever question his choice of the NW (and his home) over her. Jon also refuses give up his religion for Winterfell and his own family. Neither would give up who they were for each other and it was just never going to work.

6 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Using whataboutism to make the Targs seem less messed up. If the Starks do it, then the Targs doing it is now somehow ok and normalized.

Just now, Lollygag said:
6 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Using whataboutism to make the Targs seem less messed up. If the Starks do it, then the Targs doing it is now somehow ok and normalized.

I didn't say that. What I said is that though Jon and Dany are one tier closer in terms of blood (Aunt nephew instead of Cousins) at least they didn't grow up together as siblings like Jon and Arya did.

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I didn't say that. What I said is that though Jon and Dany are one tier closer in terms of blood (Aunt nephew instead of Cousins) at least they didn't grow up together as siblings like Jon and Arya did.

You asked why. That's why.

2 minutes ago, Lollygag said:
3 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You asked why. That's why.

Ah sorry, I misread you original thing a bit, I thought it was about me and not about why that thing exists. Sorry!

Yes, I guess it could be a reason, and though I'd usually say that one cannot be such a die hard fan to go that far, I've been on the internet long enough to know that's barely scratching it

Ah sorry, I misread you original thing a bit, I thought it was about me and not about why that theory exist. Sorry!

Yes, I guess it could be a reason, and though I'd usually say that one cannot be such a die hard fan to go that far, I've been on the internet long enough to know that's barely scratching it

NP.

Every. Single. Post. is just about Starks bad, Targs good. The rationale of the details don't matter as long as the conclusion is always that.

1 minute ago, Lollygag said:

Every. Single. Post. is just about Starks bad, Targs good. The rationale of the details don't matter as long as the conclusion is always that.

Don't forget how Stannis is literally Satan incarnate, and how fAegon's incompetence is only matched by his cruelty all for the purposes of explaining the worship of the God Queen.

Don't forget how Stannis is literally Satan incarnate, and how fAegon's incompetence is only matched by his cruelty all for the purposes of explaining the worship of the God Queen.

Westeros' Q-Anon, I guess.

Archived