Football: Still in December

Corvinus85

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

Jota was one of our fresher players in fairness, he hadn't been overplayed at all.

And of course it sucks that Matip is injured again, but let's face it, it was only a matter of time.

and Keita and Kostas too! what the fuck are we going to do? Imagine if Robbo gets injured too!

also, Mane has been pants recently.

The Spurs game will only be difficult for your lot if Spurs score first imo. However Liverpool do have a knack of upping their intensity in these games. Mourinho is obviously going to park the bus and play hoofball to Kane and pray that he can hold up the ball and link up with Son.

Also, what the hell is going on with Saliba? The bloke has not made a single appearance in Arsenal's first team in either the league or EL.

Son and Kane will be a challenge with the defenders we have available. VVD can easily keep pace with Son, but our other chaps may struggle. Fabinho does really well in 1v1s, but if someone gets past him they're off and away.

Hopefully we can start with a more aggressive midfielder and at least give ourselves options.

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Arsenal under Arteta are one of the most boring teams I've ever seen play. They make Emery's sides look exciting. I miss flowing, attacking football so much, not this positional inflexibility with zero creativity.

I think it's Arsenal's moral duty to #FreeBukayo - we'll swap you for Dan James and Juan Mata.

12 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Arteta's a funny one. You could see some positives when he came in, but the balance has gone a bit this season and they've been struggling. I think he probably has what it takes to make it as a manager, but it may be he needs a few more years to work out his issues.

That and a squad that has the skills he needs for his system to work. He hasn't really adapted to the players but been stubborn in his beliefs. Results are what they are. Doesn't help that he's still playing the likes of Willian, Bellerin, Xhaka, Lacazette when not a single one of them has put in a good shift the entire season. This after freezing out Guendozzi, Ozil and Saliba. At this point, I doubt they get into the top half of the league before end of season.

15 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Arsenal under Arteta are one of the most boring teams I've ever seen play. They make Emery's sides look exciting. I miss flowing, attacking football so much, not this positional inflexibility with zero creativity.

Arsenal under Arteta are starting to remind me of United under LVG. Turgid football with passive passing going nowhere in addition to the inflexible positioning.

This also highlights just how much Aubameyang has always relied on being directed by his passers rather than directing them. Like yeah there is a lack of creativity but his complete passivity as a line leader does not help the creatives Arsenal do have force any spaces. He should watch Jamie Vardy some.

Archived