US Politics - The Liar in Winter

Larry of the Lawn

4 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

It's kind of like when Cartman made a concentration camp joke to Kyle, then tried to play it off as "oh, I just learned about concentration camps and I thought, 'Omg, Kyle must have thought I was referencing those! I just meant you need to concentrate better." Or something.

Kyle had agreed to give Cartman $40 if he refrained from making fun of Kyle's stereotypically Jewish cousin - also named Kyle.  Cartman then could not help himself when Mr. Garrison told cousin Kyle in class that he needed to concentrate.  After finding out about the deal, cousin Kyle told Kyle he should've lowballed Cartman by only offering $12.50 to start and negotiate from there.  Good episode.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Kyle had agreed to give Cartman $40 if he refrained from making fun of Kyle's stereotypically Jewish cousin - also named Kyle.  Cartman then could not help himself when Mr. Garrison told cousin Kyle in class that he needed to concentrate.  After finding out about the deal, cousin Kyle told Kyle he should've lowballed Cartman by only offering $12.50 to start and negotiate from there.  Good episode.

That's right. I was thinking Casabonita where Cartman was trying to get invited. Who knew Cartman was working fish and wildlife in Montana?

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

It's cute thinking Haley's comparative policy knowledge would actually be a benefit during a GOP debate.  Noem has greater authenticity as an Trumpist "outsider."  Hell, even if it was for Trump, why the fuck did Haley bother being an ambassador to the United Nations?!?  

I'm not even chalking it up to her policy knowledge, she just presents a whole lot better. It's hard to come up with a likely 2024 candidate who can shine on the debate stage better than her. Now maybe that doesn't matter, but I'd like to think it would.

The Trumpist outsider aspect is an interesting angle. I really don't know how that will play in four years. There's really too many factors at the moment to be able to reasonably guess where Republicans will be then, other then we can still assume owning the libs will be the main goal of their party. 

I will admit the possibility of some personal bias with Noem.  Psychologically, it may or may not have to do with the fact she beat Stephanie Herseth Sandlin - who a friend of mine worked for, I met on dozens of occasions, and kinda had a crush on during my time in DC - for SD's House seat in 2010.

Go on...

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

That's right. I was thinking Casabonita where Cartman was trying to get invited. Who knew Cartman was working fish and wildlife in Montana?

I wasn't insulting you when I called you a hooker. I just meant you were really good at hooking a comedian off stage with a cane when they were bombing. That's a complaint, motherfucker! 

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Who knew Cartman was working fish and wildlife in Montana?

I imagine there's thousands if not millions of Cartmans throughout the plains states.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's hard to come up with a likely 2024 candidate who can shine on the debate stage better than her. Now maybe that doesn't matter, but I'd like to think it would.

Yeah I think you're vastly overestimating how much debates matter for any presidential primary.  Let alone the GOP's as currently constructed.  Although you're definitely right a shitload can change in four years, who knows.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Go on...

Not much else to say.  I moved away, she lost to Noem.  The torch I carry may well be eternal, yet alas it is but a flicker.

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

@Zorral You seem to have a higher opinion of these people than I do.

To which people are you referring of whom I have a high opinion, for I have a very low opinion of almost everyone outside of the people of whom I have high opinions, who are my friends and colleagues!  (These do not include my birth relatives and step relatives, etc.)  :cheers:

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah I think you're vastly overestimating how much debates matter for any presidential primary.  Let alone the GOP's as currently constructed.  Although you're definitely right a shitload can change in four years, who knows.

Debates do matter, they just don't like we thought they used to, but Haley will shine in them if she runs, and it's hard to think of too many opponents who can match her. 

Also, I failed to address this before,

48 minutes ago, DMC said:

Hell, even if it was for Trump, why the fuck did Haley bother being an ambassador to the United Nations?!?  

It gives her a way to say that she was brought in from outside Washington to be a part of his Administration and stand up for the U.S.A. internationally while luckily enough leaving before the shit hit the fan. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Debates do matter, they just don't like we thought they used to

I've never thought debates matter much at all except in extraordinary occasions, and I still don't.  This is backed up by mountains of research.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It gives her a way to say that she was brought in from outside Washington to be a part of his Administration and stand up for the U.S.A. internationally while luckily enough leaving before the shit hit the fan. 

The UN is a communist-fascistic enterprise designed to subvert the rights of Real Americans in a decades-long conspiracy to establish a One World Order.  Anyone associating with such a nefarious group of infidels is complicit in this conspiracy and almost certainly drinks the blood of children to sustain their wretched souls.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

I've never thought debates matter much at all except in extraordinary occasions, and I still don't.  This is backed up by mountains of research.

I could point to VP-Elect Harris is just this last cycle alone? Think she's the first woman to be Vice President without a great first debate? Obviously we can't say, but it sure as shit didn't hurt that she got that early bump.

The UN is a communist-fascistic enterprise designed to subvert the rights of Real Americans in a decades-long conspiracy to establish a One World Order.  Anyone associating with such a nefarious group of infidels is complicit in this conspiracy and almost certainly drinks the blood of children to sustain their wretched souls.

"And I, Nikki Haley, brought it to it's knees and told the UN to bow the fuck down to America and Donald Trump! There is no one on this stage more ready than myself to reestablish America First across the world." 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I could point to VP-Elect Harris is just this last cycle alone? Think she's the first woman to be Vice President without a great first debate? Obviously we can't say, but it sure as shit didn't hurt that she got that early bump.

Huh?  I'm not even sure what you're referring to.  Do you mean the presidential debate where she attacked Biden?  Cuz that definitely didn't work out in the long run.  Or do you mean her actual VP debate with Pence?  Cuz that almost definitely had absolutely no bearing on the results of the election.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

"And I, Nikki Haley, brought it to it's knees and told the UN to bow the fuck down to America and Donald Trump! There is no one on this stage more ready than myself to reestablish America First across the world." 

And every Trumpist goes :rolleyes:.  Plus, "across the world"?!?  Who gives a fuck about "reestablishing" America among those shithole countries?  See, she is a communist, or fascist, or muslim, whatever fuck you!

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Huh?  I'm not even sure what you're referring to.  Do you mean the presidential debate where she attacked Biden?  Cuz that definitely didn't work out in the long run.  Or do you mean her actual VP debate with Pence?  Cuz that almost definitely had absolutely no bearing on the results of the election.

Um, it both worked in the short and long run. 

And every Trumpist goes :rolleyes:.  Plus, "across the world"?!?  Who gives a fuck about "reestablishing" America among those shithole countries?  See, she is a communist, or fascist, or muslim, whatever fuck you!

Okay this is just bizarre, even when one is trying to method act as Trump supporter. :P

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Um, it both worked in the short and long run.

Right, that's why her support started tanking about two weeks after and never recovered.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Okay this is just bizarre, even when one is trying to method act as Trump supporter. :P

Well you gotta want it.

5 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Fight, fight, fight! Kiss, kiss, kiss.

Aren't there easier ways to find such entertainment in Louisiana - even with covid?  I mean, I miss New Orleans and haven't been there in awhile, but..

Harris performance put her at the top of the VP list in a lot of ways. It might not have been the only thing, but it certainly helped her. It also helped that she had a strong set of followers that stayed pretty loyal too.

Obviously not the only thing, but it helped. 

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

Right, that's why her support started tanking about two weeks after and never recovered.

Listen to your friend Kalbear. He's a cool dude. He's trying to help you out.

Well you gotta want it.

I mean, I could go so many ways with this.....

8 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I'm a Lazy-i-anian.

(Honestly, it's like a 5 hour drive)

I suspect you don't need to drive to NO to find that type of party.  I expected more from you.

8 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Harris performance put her at the top of the VP list in a lot of ways.

Her debate performance(s)?  LOL, no.  Her having the best campaign rollout?  Yes.  And then of course her ability to demonstrate her fundraising capabilities, handling of the media, maintain loyal backers.  On top of her qualifications/desirable qualities before her campaign.  But to say one of the significant reasons Joe Biden chose her as his running mate is because of the debate where she implied Joe Biden was a racist - to his face - is quite hilarious.

Archived