larrytheimp

US Politics - The Liar in Winter

Lol.

According to Michigan's legislative leaders, they only went to the White House meeting so that they could personally deliver a letter lobbying for additional Federal funding to support the state's COVID efforts. And they stated again that they will follow the law regarding the election and that they have not been made aware of any fraud.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

According to Michigan's legislative leaders, they only went to the White House meeting so that they could personally deliver a letter lobbying for additional Federal funding to support the state's COVID efforts.

Ha!!!  Gotta hand it to them, that is some world-class sandbagging on their part.

Gads the force -- they playing the Melania card, when without a single idea of one's own (or maybe any ideas at all), plagiarize from the Dems and those they demonize?  They don't have any ideas at all, other than destruction and cruelty and abuse and lie lie lie lie lie.

Just now, Zorral said:

Gads the force -- they playing the Melania card, when without a single idea of one's own (or maybe any ideas at all), plagiarize from the Dems and those they demonize?  They don't have any ideas at all, other than destruction and cruelty and abuse and lie lie lie lie lie.

Where, who?

Btw., did y'all know tthere's a WH superspreader website?

http://www.whitehousesuperspreader.com/

14 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/montana-republican-flees-facebook-after-getting-called-out-for-referring-to-kamala-harris-as-a-hoe/

A Montana state lawmaker is apologizing for a Facebook post where he used a derogatory term to refer to Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, the Great Falls Tribune reports.

People are calling on Governor-elect Greg Gianforte to remove Rep. Kerry White from his Fish, Wildlife and Parks transition advisory team in the wake of his post, where he referred to Joe Biden and Harris as “Joe and Hoe.”

But White says he was the victim of a hit job.

(...)

According to White, when he referred to Harris as a “hoe,” he actually meant that she’s someone who had dug in or become entrenched in their ideology.

“If that offended anybody I am sorry,” he said.

Jesus Christ.

A hoe (as opposed to ho/whore) is a farming tool which someone from Montana should be familiar with. It is used to till and turn up the soil and weeds, not for digging and burying.

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

How many voted out of “party loyalty” or “I always vote for the Republican”.  I really wonder.  You may be right 72 million people all really buy into Trump’s cult of personality.  But, I doubt it.

I know too many people who claim to dislike Trump but held their nose and voted for him anyway.  If he splits from the Republican Party... it is an opportunity for Democrats. 

Seeing him solidify his hold on the Republican party out of the White House is harder because of the “party loyalty”, I concede that point.  But this may genuinely be an opportunity.

Ultimately I don't think it matters. The idea that Trump is going to split the Republican party is ludicrous because Trump IS the party. As long as those elected officials see that 72m+ number, they're not going to reject him, they're going to fear him. 

So ultimately it doesn't matter if they buy in or if they're sheep going with the flow or they justify his criminal behavior however - they can effectively be treated the same. They saw the last 4 years and said "I want more of that". 

I still think that once Trump is out of government every 2024 Republican hopeful is going to try their level best to drag him down without getting caught directly in the defacing.

There are probably many of Trump's staff who will end up working for Cruz, Haley, etc. They may or may not have recordings of their own, given how easy it seems to get Trump or his staff on tape.

If he manages to wrangle a pardon or similar concessions in exchange for a swift transition, I'll scream. Maybe Biden's noises about him personally preferring he'd not be persecuted were signals to 45... Or hopefully I'm just paranoid.

Edited by Mindwalker

6 minutes ago, Sci-2 said:

I still think that once Trump is out of government every 2024 Republican hopeful is going to try their level best to drag him down without getting caught directly in the defacing.

There are probably many of Trump's staff who will end up working for Cruz, Haley, etc. They may or may not have recordings of their own, given how easy it seems to get Trump or his staff on tape.

I don't understand this. This isn't like GWB where he was massively underwater and Obama absolutely obliterated the next election. He got 72 million votes and came within 67K votes in 3 states of becoming re-elected. This is absolutely unheard of popularity for a Republican since, well, Reagan. Furthermore, he's pushing the narrative that he isn't a loser, but instead he is a wronged person who had his presidency taken away from him. He has his highest approval rating since he got elected, too!

Why would people turn away that level of support? 

@DMC said something similar, that he's just going to go away and people are going to shun Trump, but with that level of electoral, political, and personal support I don't see it at all. 

6 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

As long as those elected officials see that 72m+ number, they're not going to reject him, they're going to fear him.

While I mostly agree with you, I think fixating on the amount of votes Trump got (which is currently at 73.7) is the wrong way to look at it.  Any major party nominee is going to get lots and lots of votes, especially in a polarized environment.  The number to look at is right now he got 47.2% of the vote.  Now that may go down a bit, but it's about a full point more than the 46.1% of the vote he got in 2016.  The fact he actually boosted his support as a percentage of the electorate - and right now is exactly at the same vote share as Romney - in spite of his four years as president is the important thing.

5 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

@DMC said something similar, that he's just going to go away and people are going to shun Trump, but with that level of electoral, political, and personal support I don't see it at all.

Yeah I said that in the event he got his ass kicked, which obviously he didn't.

15 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Has everyone blocked me?!

What do you mean?  Imat least, have blocked no one!

15 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

K.

I didn't either, and like Zorral I'd never block anybody.  If you're referring to the tweet you posted being reposted, it happens.

22 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

This is absolutely unheard of popularity for a Republican since, well, Reagan.

Well, no, it's objectively not.  Bush got 50.7% of the vote in 2004, a number Trump could never dream of achieving.

I'm not sure where this should go exactly, but it does speak to our current state state of affairs:

Kyle Rittenhouse, the teen accused in the fatal shooting of two people in August during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, was released from custody after posting $2 million in bail, according to the county's sheriff's department.

Rittenhouse was released Friday afternoon after the $2 million was posted through his attorney, Kenosha County Sheriff's Department spokesman Sgt. David Wright told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-bail-release/index.html

This is how nuts the right is getting. They literally were willing to donate $2m to a murder.