US Politics - The Liar in Winter

Larry of the Lawn

10 minutes ago, Week said:

Wow. This is the hill that you want to die on??? Let it go. 

Don't you often complain about Democrats using Republican talking points against the Left? 

To be fair, I'm the one who brought up the stupid attack on Pelosi's ice cream again.

32 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I understand Pelosi favors Halo Top, which I've never tried. But Biden once tweeted a picture of Jeni's, which is amazing. My cousin had five pints shipped to us in dry ice for Dante Jr's birthday and wowie zowie. My wife said she'd move to be able to get that ice cream regularly and I looked at the label and said, "Nah, we're not moving to Ohio."

Halo Top is quite good. Eat it quickly because it gets icy after a while. It’s lower carb.

11 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Vice Pres. et al just infomed us about the great work this admin has done wrt covid. Day nd night they've been working for the American people!

Strangely, they let Fauci speak. I thoght he was out of his mind and a fool? And he can't throw.

I have read this three times and still have no idea what you were trying to say.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Halo Top is quite good. Eat it quickly because it gets icy after a while. It’s lower carb.

It appears I made a mistake in my previous comment on Pelosi's ice cream. I thought it had been Halo Top. It is actually the same Jeni's that Biden posted about and I praised. I guess that's why Biden posted it and probably also why my very liberal cousin sent me some. Mea culpa.

Now I can acknowledge that Pelosi did make a mistake with the ice cream. She should have leaned into it and talked about how she was supporting a small business from the heartland of America, no doubt sourced from hard-working blue collar Real American cows raised on domestic agricultural products that patriotically subsidized American farmers can no longer send to filthy Chinese communists.

But seriously that ice cream is goooood.

8 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I have read this three times and still have no idea what you were trying to say.

They are doing this press conference, speakers including Pence, several Trump sycophants, and Fauci (whom Trump called all of the stuff I wrote above and hasn't included in press briefings for quite some time).

4 minutes ago, Week said:

Wow. This is the hill that you want to die on??? Let it go. 

Don't you often complain about Democrats using Republican talking points against the Left? 

Other people are still bringing it up, not me. Frankly I'm pretty much over it, but when people try to score points by scoffing at the fact that I and others were bothered by it, I'm going to push back.

Just because I am attacking someone for being an out of touch elite in a time of national emergency does not mean that that I'm using a Republican talking point. In fact, the reason I was having a go at her then was because I knew that the Republicans were going to try to weaponize it against the Democrats, which they did, though it didn't really move the needle much as far as we can tell. When I come at Nancy Pelosi, and everyone else I criticize, from the left.

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

?

Ok, so you did say it was a bad look, why the hell are you bringing it up?

Also not laughing at you, but I did get a chuckle at how the narrative was that suburban white women were going to be a significant part of a Democratic victory when it turns out they did fuck all for us.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I like real ice cream.  

I hate to break this to you, Ser Scot, but Halo Top has more natural ingredients than regular ice cream, because regular ice cream uses chemical softeners. That’s why Halo Top can get icy. It’s made with natural ingredients, it just has more protein (twice as much as regular ice cream) and fewer carbs. The sweeteners used are natural, stevia and erythritol.

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Now I can acknowledge that Pelosi did make a mistake with the ice cream. She should have leaned into it and talked about how she was supporting a small business from the heartland of America, no doubt sourced from hard-working blue collar Real American cows raised on domestic agricultural products that patriotically subsidized American farmers can no longer send to filthy Chinese communists.

I probably would have still grumbled at it in the moment, but that would have been a good way to spin it, less the bit at the end where you try to stoke bovine xenophobia.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

You can keep believing that.  I want full fat, full carb, full sugar.  :)

Truly a proletarian stance on ice cream Scot.

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I hate to break this to you, Ser Scot, but Halo Top has more natural ingredients than regular ice cream, because regular ice cream uses chemical softeners. That’s why Halo Top can get icy. It’s made with natural ingredients, it just has more protein (twice as much as regular ice cream) and fewer carbs. The sweeteners used are natural, stevia and erythritol.

I’ve tried it.  It’s okay.  Not my cup of tea.

Hey, we knew exactly what we were getting voting for Biden, same as Obama and Clinton.  Shitty neoliberal policies shined up with bloviations, more imperialism, almost total disregard for the suffering of their electorates, but they were way fucking better than the other option.  Sucks.  

I'd be surprised NOT to find oil execs and health insurance trust fund kids and war mongers and total pieces of shit all through Biden's cabinet.  

It's disgusting.  But always hold the nose and vote Dem every 4 years.  

I know I'm a sucker.  If it makes you guys feel any better to punch left now, rad.  Maybe it'll do you some good.

I thought I remembered a bunch of people saying that as long as we voted for Biden we could say whatever we wanted critical about leadership after the election?

Whatever.  @Simon Steele @GrimTuesday

Don't even feed it.  The story is never going to change.

If you read that ice cream thread it's pretty funny that DG is essentially making the same argument there as the left is about 'defund the police' now.

None of this shit matters.  We're all a bunch of imperfect hypocrites.  

This is what we voted for, harm reduction etc.  Don't feel bad when they talk shit about you for it.

2 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Hey, we knew exactly what we were getting voting for Biden, same as Obama and Clinton.  Shitty neoliberal policies shined up with bloviations, more imperialism, almost total disregard for the suffering of their electorates, but they were way fucking better than the other option.  Sucks.  

I'd be surprised NOT to find oil execs and health insurance trust fund kids and war mongers and total pieces of shit all through Biden's cabinet.  

It's disgusting.  But always hold the nose and vote Dem every 4 years.  

I know I'm a sucker.  If it makes you guys feel any better to punch left now, rad.  Maybe it'll do you some good.

I thought I remembered a bunch of people saying that as long as we voted for Biden we could say whatever we wanted critical about leadership after the election?

Whatever.  @Simon Steele @GrimTuesday

Don't even feed it.  The story is never going to change.

If you read that ice cream thread it's pretty funny that DG is essentially making the same argument there as the left is about 'defund the police' now.

None of this shit matters.  We're all a bunch of imperfect hypocrites.  

This is what we voted for, harm reduction etc.  Don't feel bad when they talk shit about you for it.

But if I don't spend my entire day arguing with the liberals on here, what else will I do while working from home, not like I'm actually doing anything else.

49 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

?

Damn something like that woulda probably taken me at least twenty minutes to find, and I'd almost certainly give up before then.  I'm impressed.

42 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Rahm Emanuel being considered for Transportation.

I can't...imagine Biden being this stupid.  Could just be a way to scare leftists into being happy with less offensive picks.  Also - and I think what's most likely - don't put it past Rahm himself to be planting these stories.

28 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I did get a chuckle at how the narrative was that suburban white women were going to be a significant part of a Democratic victory when it turns out they did fuck all for us.

Yeesh.  Not only is this unfounded, but the tone of "fuck off suburban white women" is a little much.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeesh.  Not only is this unfounded, but the tone of "fuck suburban of white women" is a little much

I thought that post-election polling was indicating that the suburban white women more or less broke for Trump in similar numbers as last time. If they did break for Biden, I take it back and prostrate myself at the feet of suburban white women as penance.

4 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I thought that post-election polling was indicating that the suburban white women more or less broke for Trump in similar numbers as last time. If they did break for Biden, I take it back and prostrate myself at the feet of suburban white women as penance.

Well, no. We got some exit polling from one group that said that white women as a whole went for Trump more than they did in 2016. 

But exit polling was WILDLY different between two different groups, had a bunch of glaring issues (like 18% black people for Trump!), and is probably going to end up being pretty inaccurate given that the people who voted on election day were very skewed towards certain types of people.

Chances are good given the vote splitting that suburban white women were a pretty big deal, AND AA population turn out was also a big deal. Given, again, that 67,000 people decided this election the notion that only one group was responsible is ludicrous.

Archived