Weirdest crackpot about Jon's parentage

Alyn Oakenfist

So R+L=J is basically canon and B+A=J is a decent enough alternative if you skip a few timeline incongruities. But what are the really out there theories about Jon's true parentage. I once in the dark recesses of this forum someone making a case that he's Benjen's and Lyanna's, but somehow I don't think that's the worse of it. So what's the weirdest/worst one you know?

14 minutes ago, Eliscat said:

R&L=J cannon?

You mean from the T.V show?

Papper Prince.

Im thinking the marriage certificate will be found in Maester Walgrave box. After some faceless person plants the forgery.

Wasnt Danny warned against a mummers Dragon and/or paper Prince? 

Mate speak in complete sentences. And no, it's basically canon for the book given all the hints in AGOT and GRRM basically confirming it himself.

I have no idea about the paper prince, or what that is, maybe it's from another fantasy book? Anyways, the mummer's dragon is most likely fAegon

31 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Mate speak in complete sentences. And no, it's basically canon for the book given all the hints in AGOT and GRRM basically confirming it himself.

I have no idea about the paper prince, or what that is, maybe it's from another fantasy book? Anyways, the mummer's dragon is most likely fAegon

Okie dokie. 

6 minutes ago, HerblYY said:

Mance, Howland Reed being his father.

Not so much IMO. Circumstantial evidence etc 

6 minutes ago, HerblYY said:

Or even Aerys and Ashara being his parents.

This is crackpotty. One parent Stark/First Men certainty 

3 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Not so much IMO. Circumstantial evidence etc 

Okay, Mance might have had a chanche to meet her once, and he is some kind of parallel of Bael. Time says it's not possible.

Or Howland Reed, who contacted with her once or twice at Harrenhall? 

It is not likely.

2 hours ago, HerblYY said:

Okay, Mance might have had a chanche to meet her once, and he is some kind of parallel of Bael. Time says it's not possible.

Ohkay

Or Howland Reed, who contacted with her once or twice at Harrenhall? 

Only guy she had a meaningful relationship with

It is not likely.

Maybe, maybe not. A2D

38 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Ohkay

Only guy she had a meaningful relationship with

Maybe, maybe not. A2D

That is something that's not possible. Not possible at all. If there was any relationship between these two, it would've been told in the story Meera told Bran. Instead, even the story too focused on Lyanna and Rhaegar. Just sayin.

And human race reproducing with Cotf? Are you serious? For example, here we have the Ibbenese, they can be considered being closer to human race than the children, yet they could only reproduce STERILES or STILLBORNS. That's just bullshit. 

The timeline does not fit, again!

But okay, let's say Howland is the father. Then why did Ned took care of Jon? Why not his own father? Why would Lyanna not want the kid to be raised by HIS OWN FATHER? Why?

17 hours ago, Travis said:

Take my downvote. Too many threads for that already. And some of it should stay in the dark recesses of the mind.

Plenty of threads to choose from, if you look.

Well only six threads on the first page started by the original poster now. There was a point it was nearly all of them. So some form of progress.

34 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Well only six threads on the first page started by the original poster now. There was a point it was nearly all of them. So some form of progress.

Talking to teenagers is another issue because they know nothing and everything is about social status.  They are the most susceptible to hate threads and bandwagon logic fallacies. There is no real contribution.  For the most part, it is sticking your head out of the car window and letting your tongue flap in the breeze.

19 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So R+L=J is basically canon and B+A=J is a decent enough alternative if you skip a few timeline incongruities. But what are the really out there theories about Jon's true parentage. I once in the dark recesses of this forum someone making a case that he's Benjen's and Lyanna's, but somehow I don't think that's the worse of it. So what's the weirdest/worst one you know?

I consider the following theories very plausible:

1. Rhaegar and Lyanna = Jon
  2. Mance and Lyanna = Jon
  3. Ned and Ashara = Jon
  4. Brandon and Ashara = Jon
  5. Arthur and Lyanna = Jon

Ned and Wylla is unlikely.  Wylla would have been brought to Winterfell.  The fisherman's daughter is another unlikely.  The most unlikely theory ever proposed is Divine Conception, Lyanna got pregnant through miracle.

I have read somewhere on this forum a theory that Jon and Dany are twins and children of Ashara and Ned, while fAegon is son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, and Queen Rhaella's daugher was stillborn (instead of Ashara's daughter). In this theory septa Lemore is supposedly Lyanna, while Ashara Dayne commited suicide after Ned took away her children. For some unexplained in that theory reason Ned took Jon to raise him as his bastard at Winterfell, and gave Dany to be raised by Viserys, and that Viserys supposedly hated Dany because he knew that she is not his real sister. Supposedly Ned gave Dany away because of her Valyrian looks, and he gave her to Viserys to pose her as Targaryen princess, because Ned had some sort of plans for his daughter in the future to get Iron Throne. Though that theory didn't explained why Viserys agreed to this, and whether Jon Connington is aware of Lemore's real identity (that she's supposedly Lyanna), or why Ned wanted Dany to get Iron Throne, even though the one who had higher claim over Iron Throne should be Lyanna's fAegon, Ned's nephew. Just weird. :dunno:

17 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

I consider the following theories very plausible:

1. Rhaegar and Lyanna = Jon
  2. Mance and Lyanna = Jon
  3. Ned and Ashara = Jon
  4. Brandon and Ashara = Jon
  5. Arthur and Lyanna = Jon

Ned and Wylla is unlikely.  Wylla would have been brought to Winterfell.  The fisherman's daughter is another unlikely.  The most unlikely theory ever proposed is Divine Conception, Lyanna got pregnant through miracle.

Yes, I agree.  I'm not so sure that RLJ is  done deal either.  Frankly, I don't know who Jon's father is at this point. But I'm not ready to jump on the bandwagon either.

Bandwagon is a fallacy based on the assumption that the opinion of the majority is always valid: that is, everyone believes it, so you should too. It is also called an appeal to popularity, the authority of the many, and argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people"). Argumentum ad populum proves only that a belief is popular, not that it's true. The fallacy occurs, says Alex Michalos in Principles of Logic, when the appeal is offered in place of a convincing argument for the view in question.

Everybody says so, doesn't make the argument for me.

1 hour ago, Damsel in Distress said:
  • Rhaegar and Lyanna = Jon
  • Mance and Lyanna = Jon
  • Ned and Ashara = Jon
  • Brandon and Ashara = Jon
  • Arthur and Lyanna = Jon

Mance and Lyanna doesn't work as Mance was a black brother at the time

Ned and Ashara doesn't work since Ned's definitely not Jon's father, and Ashara is especially not, why not say so to his wife when asked?

Brandon and Ashara as I outlined before is the only other one that kinda makes sense.

And Arthur and Lyanna... actually makes surprising amounts of sense given the facts, except in regards to Arthur. Why the fuck would he sleep with Lyanna?

Archived