The kingmakers: Old Jon, Great Jon, Stony Jon and Snowy Jon

James West

The kingmakers:

• Jon Arryn, the Old Jon
  • Jon Connington, the Stony Jon
  • Jon Umber, the Great Jon
  • Jon Snow, the Snowy Jon

Jon Connington is not the only one living on borrowed time.  Jon Snow will be living on very limited time when he comes back as a wight.  The "Jons" in the story have tried to make kings.  Stony Jon is cutting corners, taking shortcuts, to make young Griff a king.  Snowy Jon has already started in his own way by undermining the Boltons and the Karstarks.  Blood is thicker than water and Snowy Jon will do his best to position Rickon to become the king of the north.  The timer is working against them and that will force them to make bad decisions.  But they will be successful in the short term.  Jon Arryn was only partly successful because his beloved Baratheons got their assess booted off the throne within a short time.  This was soon after they bankrupted the kingdom. 

Old Jon and Great Jon succeeded partially.  Both their boys were betrayed and got killed.  I am predicting the same conclusion for young Griff.  Rickon will rule for the duration of winter and get his butt kicked off when the spring thaw arrives.  The Starks will obviously sell their souls to the Others in order to be able to do this but it doesn't have to be all of them.  Snowy Jon will sacrifice his soul to the Others and with the help of another Stark, the Tree Boy, to get Rickon in Winterfell.  This won't happen without resistance from Sansa Stark though.  Sansa and Littlefinger will be the major hurdles to Rickon.  An interesting Stark civil war of sorts could take place.

1 hour ago, James West said:

The Starks will obviously sell their souls to the Others in order to be able to do this but it doesn't have to be all of them.  Snowy Jon will sacrifice his soul to the Others and with the help of another Stark, the Tree Boy, to get Rickon in Winterfell.  This won't happen without resistance from Sansa Stark though.  Sansa and Littlefinger will be the major hurdles to Rickon.  An interesting Stark civil war of sorts could take place.

Anyone who doesn't agree with me that this is another Stark hate thread should go thru this BS. 

Oh Forgot... 

Enough posting in these Stark hate threads. Rationality only gets ignored. And these hate posters get more views and replies. Boycott. Let them rant on toxically

9 hours ago, James West said:

The kingmakers:

• Jon Arryn, the Old Jon

Never realized that! Fun observation!!

9 hours ago, James West said:

The Starks will obviously sell their souls to the Others in order to be able to do this but it doesn't have to be all of them.  Snowy Jon will sacrifice his soul to the Others and with the help of another Stark, the Tree Boy, to get Rickon in Winterfell.  This won't happen without resistance from Sansa Stark though.  Sansa and Littlefinger will be the major hurdles to Rickon.  An interesting Stark civil war of sorts could take place.

I thought that was Stannis. hard to keep up with the haters...

8 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Oh Forgot... 

Enough posting in these Stark hate threads. Rationality only gets ignored. And these hate posters get more views and replies. Boycott. Let them rant on toxically

Eh, I find them pretty funny and a good way to know who to avoid

That's something new on the table.  I like the connections but I will have to think about the conclusions.  Jon Arryn is the odd man on the list because he did succeed.  A 17 year reign is not short at all.  King of Winter Rickon Stark will reign for generations if Old Nan's prediction of the length of the Long Night is true. 

19 hours ago, James West said:

The kingmakers:

• Jon Arryn, the Old Jon

Jon Connington is not the only one living on borrowed time.  Jon Snow will be living on very limited time when he comes back as a wight.  The "Jons" in the story have tried to make kings.  Stony Jon is cutting corners, taking shortcuts, to make young Griff a king.  Snowy Jon has already started in his own way by undermining the Boltons and the Karstarks.  Blood is thicker than water and Snowy Jon will do his best to position Rickon to become the king of the north.  The timer is working against them and that will force them to make bad decisions.  But they will be successful in the short term.  Jon Arryn was only partly successful because his beloved Baratheons got their assess booted off the throne within a short time.  This was soon after they bankrupted the kingdom. 

Old Jon and Great Jon succeeded partially.  Both their boys were betrayed and got killed.  I am predicting the same conclusion for young Griff.  Rickon will rule for the duration of winter and get his butt kicked off when the spring thaw arrives.  The Starks will obviously sell their souls to the Others in order to be able to do this but it doesn't have to be all of them.  Snowy Jon will sacrifice his soul to the Others and with the help of another Stark, the Tree Boy, to get Rickon in Winterfell.  This won't happen without resistance from Sansa Stark though.  Sansa and Littlefinger will be the major hurdles to Rickon.  An interesting Stark civil war of sorts could take place.

Aegon or young Griff as you say will go all in with the Martells and their agenda revenge.  Peace with the Lannisters is not going to be possible with that kind of attitude.  Aegon and the Martells are not strong enough to fight the Lannisters.  The only way they can compete is with the help of the Hightowers.  Rickon is a sure bet to rule the north.  He will come back socialized in the wildling way.  Mance Rayder and the Weeper will sweep the north and block Moat Cailin.  Rickon will be an acceptable compromise to the north, Wildlings, and Manderly.  A deal with the Others has to be on the table because they are unstoppable.  I think this is where Jon and Bran will play a role.  The north becomes an empty land unless the Others allow humans to stay.  A deal is a requirement for the Starks to keep Winterfell.  Human sacrifices will come in fashion again.  I don't necessarily object to that as long as the Starks and the north are sacrificing their own people.  

2 hours ago, Jay21 said:

Interesting.  The original Kingmaker was named Criston Cole though. I don't know that Jon Arryn's claim to the title is any better than Hoster Tully's or Tywin Lannister's based on roles during Robert's Rebellion.  Interesting though.

Or Ned, Many times Jaime says he could've taken the kingdom for himself

21 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Eh, I find them pretty funny and a good way to know who to avoid

I thought so too at first...until I realised there were way too many of 'em to keep count

Edit

I tried to guess who and all had like the OP and I got 4 out of 5 right 

On 11/22/2020 at 9:55 PM, James West said:

The kingmakers:

• Jon Arryn, the Old Jon

okay

Who will be "snarling in the midst of all these Jons?"  Tyrion is the little lion snarling in midst of the dragons.  Who will be the odd person in the middle of Jon Connington and Jon Snow?

On 11/22/2020 at 9:55 PM, James West said:

The kingmakers:

• Jon Arryn, the Old Jon

Thanks.  The kingmakers were intended to have the same name.   Jon Arryn and Great Jon lost their kings.  I believe this pattern will repeat for Jon Connington and Jon Snow.  Rickon, like Robert, will rule for a significant length of time but he will die too. 

11 hours ago, James West said:

Thanks.  The kingmakers were intended to have the same name.   Jon Arryn and Great Jon lost their kings.  I believe this pattern will repeat for Jon Connington and Jon Snow.  Rickon, like Robert, will rule for a significant length of time but he will die too. 

Valar morghulis...

I'm not just nitpicking tho, what is a 'significant length of time' 20 years? 40? 80? 

On 11/23/2020 at 2:55 AM, James West said:

he kingmakers:

• Jon Arryn, the Old Jon

I like the correlation too, but there are others even more explicitly trying to be kingmakers - Illyrio, Wyman Manderley, Damphair, Arianne, Ned. Maybe more.

Archived